Any new Christmas movies out this year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I haven't seen any Christmas promos yet. But, there sure are a lot of animated Halloween movies this year! Would love to hear if you have or are planning to see them.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We saw ParaNorman already, my boys really liked it.
We do plan on going to Frankenweenie and Hotel Transylvania.

(I think our biggest movie 'cannot wait' is The Hobbit :) We are planning on all taking the day off and going with our boys - they are very much looking forward to their much loved book on the big screen. )

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We watched ParaNorman and really liked it. It sends a great message. We're hoping to see Hotel Transylvania this weekend.

I haven't seen any promos for Christmas movies yet either but surely there will be a couple. Looked at the link Lucie posted, I think they are stretching by making a Home Alone 5. The first one was the best and the rest with the original cast were okay but then they went south.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
We watched ParaNorman and really liked it. It sends a great message. We're hoping to see Hotel Transylvania this weekend.

I haven't seen any promos for Christmas movies yet either but surely there will be a couple. Looked at the link Lucie posted, I think they are stretching by making a Home Alone 5. The first one was the best and the rest with the original cast were okay but then they went south.

MrsSoup I totally agree. The first one was great! I even like the second one. Wasn't interested in the others.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
yeah i agree the first and second home alone was good, i cant imagine home alone 5 would be like

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Home Alone, only liked the first - but I can honestly say I have NOT watched the others all the way through.

My sons liked the third I think? It had a different family/boy and he was at home after the holidays with Chicken Pox?

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
Not "new" new, but last year I watched a Christmas movie called "Comfort and Joy" which made me laugh and made me cry. I recommend it.

I'm looking forward to getting a copy of the new Christmas movie called "The Heart of Christmas" (to be released this month). A true story!

Christmas movies are the about the only movies I watch anymore. I am disgusted with everything else that Hollywood puts out.

Last edited:

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
Also, there is a new Christmas movie coming out soon starring Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie star) called "The Christmas Pageant". I hope to get a copy of that also. I love Christmas movies!

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
Not new this year, but has anyone watched the Christmas movie called "Holiday Engagement" starring Shelley Long (of Cheers fame)? I think it came out last year. I hope to see it also!

:elf2:

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Not "new" new, but last year I watched a Christmas movie called "Comfort and Joy" which made me laugh and made me cry. I recommend it.

Is that the movie starring Nancy McKeon (from Facts of Life fame?) I think I watched it the last couple of years. If it is the one I am thinking of...I liked it also. :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I just saw a commercial for one called the Guardians (I think) it's animated and has Santa, JAck Frost, Easter Bunny, Sand Man and the like. They have to save the earth. It looks good.

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
I just saw a commercial for one called the Guardians (I think) it's animated and has Santa, JAck Frost, Easter Bunny, Sand Man and the like. They have to save the earth. It looks good.

yikes! I think I will pass on that one. A mean, tattoed Santa Claus? No thanks. With Alec Baldwin starring, I'm guessing that the movie will be a lot of smart-mouth-type of dialogue. Not my thing.

But, thank you anyway!

:santa: