Apology goblet poem- wedding or shower gift idea

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sunshine

Retire Member
Jun 23, 2008
http://craftsayings.com/projects/sentim ... ndex.shtml

I scour yard sales, thrift stores, etc. for single goblets (can generally get them very inexpensively, as most want sets). Then I tie on some pretty curling ribbon, package in a pretty decorated box, and the poem and give as a gift. Every time, I've gotten rave reviews from the recipients, as well as from others at the showers.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have probably given 6 or 7 of these for weddings along with a gift or money. Depending on the couple as to which verse I use. I try to use the color of their wedding with curly ribbon to attach the poem to the stem. I also look at goodwill stores, yard sales and the dollar store for glasses.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Fun, simple, thoughtful idea! Thanks for sharing!

Would love to see the other poems Lana!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sunshine has the link to both of verses (or poems). I meant depending on the couple as to which one of them that I use. Glad sunshine posted it, because when I lost all my addresses I had the site that had these sayings and others under favorites.

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I have never heard of this but think it is a lovely idea. I am sure all the goblets that you have given have been gratefully received.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love this idea. I'm using a small basket to hold the glass I found. I didn't have the glass etched but am going to make some wine charms that either say 'forgive', 'love' or use a heart for the glass. TFS

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
I'd not heard of this before. We've had a large! number of weddings within the church family this year with at least 2 to go.
This gives me an idea for a 'different' gift! TFS.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
That's a very clever idea, we have a wedding in October I could do this for.
Thanks for sharing