April Already 31.03.3.2019-06.04.2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Here is my list for the week.
Daylight savings ends this week so will need to adjust to that.
Winter prep needs to stop until i get back from Nationals and holidays, just not enough time to do it all

*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*shave legs ( ) wash hair (X)
*pack for DrillDance training for Monday (X) Wednesday (X)
*DrillDance training Monday (X) Wednesday (X)
*Nationals packing with Mum Thursday (X)
*Nationals nails (X)
*make menu plan/use it up (X)
*be aware of water intake (X)
*keep on top of daily routine (X) slipping a bit need to concentrate in this
*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book (X)
*update planner/gift closet (X)
*taxes Friday (X)
*DrillDance training Saturday (X) Sunday (X)

No winter prep for now, to start again after holidays

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm popping in earlier than usual to post. Sunday will be another busy day after a week of busy days. Dh was out of town and four of the children are in 2 different plays this weekend. Their last shows are on Sunday. I didn't have time to write but I did make sure I exercised. I hoping this week is calmer.

Personal
  • Keep up with drinking water.
  • Keep up with exercise 5 days.
  • Keep up with vitamins.
  • Spend time reading.
  • Finish up research on Catherine

Household
  • Purchase Weed Killer and Krud Kutter.Done
  • Spray weeds growing between cracks in sidewalk and driveway.
  • Dig up bulbs and move to other garden bed.
  • Drop off items for donations.
  • Plan Menu. Done
  • Shop for Groceries.Done
  • Clean Bathrooms.Done
  • Vacuum/Sweep/Dust Mop/Dust 1st and 2nd floor.
  • Shred Paper Done
  • Digital Photo Decluttering - 15 mins. a day (I’ll be starting from 2019 and working back in time.)
  • FlyLady - Front Porch, Entrance Way and Dining Room:
    • Remove St. Patrick’s Day Decor. Replace with Easter Decor. Done
    • Sweep Front Porch. Done
    • Dust interior light fixtures and baseboards.Done
  • Plan Lessons.Done
  • Write out Bills.Done

Last edited:
Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have a relatively easy week this week, which is good. I need an easy week after the migraine from hell this weekend.

Appointments:
[X] DS dentist
[X] Mentor Call
[X] Fundraising cookout
[X] [X] Baseball practice
[X] Eli doctor appointment
[X] Eli Scouts
[X] DD Scouts
[X] Baseball clinic

Chores:
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] Run Alice
[X] Dust
[X] Water plants
[ ] Hutch in front room
[ ] Tidy built-in desk area

Schoolwork:
[X] Reading/activities
[X] Task 2

Health:
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] At least 48oz. water
[X] Make appointment about migraines/Request Dermatology referral (Thanks for the reminder Diedra)
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Daily multivitamin
[/] [X] [X] [X] [/] [ ] Morning/Nighttime Face Routine

Other:
[X] Bake cake for Eli
[X] Present for Eli
[X] Cupcakes to Eli's class
[X] Finalize plans

Fun:
[X] Read!!! (Finished a book!)
[ ] Try new (to me) coffee place

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess, after you feeling so unwell lately an easy week may be just what you need.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Jess, I'm so sorry to hear you had an awful migraine. I get them occasionally.

I just found a free printable habit tracker that I'm going to use for April. It has lots of lines for multiple habits. It's simple and all on one page.

One thing that I am trying to do this month is research/write 30 minutes a day. Since keeping a list of things to do for the week has done wonders here, I thought having vitamins, water, writing and exercise on a list with a 30 days of boxes to check would help me along.

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou and MrsSoup

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
That tracker sounds nice! I love having the weekly to-do here, helps to keep me on track but maybe having something I can see everyday on paper would help as well. I've often thought of putting a sticky note on my bathroom mirror to remind me to do a nightly routine that I skimp on because i'm lazy and tired at bedtime. Would you mind sharing the link?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
For my nightly routine I do it after dinner. I figure there is no need to wait until bedtime. lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My nightly routine is something that I only started doing at the beginning of this year, it has really made a difference.
I started because I had so much stuff and I wanted to use it up but have now found other benefits.

My routine is shower/bath, clean face, brush teeth, moisturise, apply lip balm, read for a while, apply hand cream then sleep before 10.30.
I have used up a lot of hand creams and lip balms that I had here, have discovered what my favourite products are and will stick to those rather than jumping from one to another. Another benefit is my hands, face and lips are in better condition then they have been ever.
Should really incorporate applying lotion to feet so might add that to the list.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
For my nightly routine I do it after dinner. I figure there is no need to wait until bedtime. lol

That is a good idea and I might have to start doing that! Good suggestion!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
That tracker sounds nice! I love having the weekly to-do here, helps to keep me on track but maybe having something I can see everyday on paper would help as well. I've often thought of putting a sticky note on my bathroom mirror to remind me to do a nightly routine that I skimp on because i'm lazy and tired at bedtime. Would you mind sharing the link?

It's nothing fancy which is what I prefer but you could easily add something with colored pens and stickers.
Here it is --https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...aeaa9093edb3e/1483460544073/Habit+Tracker.pdf

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Since we are in a new quarter/season of the year, I went through my monthly notes on what worked and didn't work. I thought I'd share them with you.

What didn’t work: Constantly changing schedules in January and February because of snow and ice; Buying groceries on busy shopping days/times;

What worked: Weekly planning sessions for the week ahead; Having the family help take Christmas decorations down with me, little by little; keeping lights and greenery up until February; Not eating after 7 pm most nights of the week; Getting to bed before 10 pm; Taking vitamins; Bundling up and going for walks in the cold and snow; Keeping up with routines; 30 day exercise app with daily reminder; 15 minutes a day decluttering; changing grocery shopping day and time; keeping track of seasonal items that I like such as soaps, candles, coffee and teas.

What worked/didn't work for you for this first quarter?

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I realised that it is not viable to be doing a lot of heavy housework here in January and February when it is still so hot. I can leave it to March and it will be OK.
I learned (DUH) that if I spend a few more minutes in the evenings doing things that my mornings will be so much easier.
It is OK to ask for help, DH and DS may not do a great job but at least it is done.

Writing items in the weekly wonders thread may seem like a small thing but it has made a difference around here so far this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I keep my to-do list written out on paper. I love crossing off things that are done. I have not been able to start spring cleaning like I usually do but I have decluttered alot. The bedtime routine is hard for me. Katrina I think I'll try to do like you do right after supper.
As soon as snow melts I will have outside work to do too… ah well… when it rains I'll do the Inside and when it's nice I'll do outside. will follow the temperature.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I learned (DUH) that if I spend a few more minutes in the evenings doing things that my mornings will be so much easier.
It is OK to ask for help, DH and DS may not do a great job but at least it is done.

I agree that preparing in the evening makes things go smoothly in the morning. And asking for help, I understand. That's hard.

As soon as snow melts I will have outside work to do too… ah well… when it rains I'll do the Inside and when it's nice I'll do outside. will follow the temperature.

I have the same thought on the outdoor/indoor work. Keeping the house clean during spring and summer is hard for me. I want to spend all my time outdoors. This year I'm going to try find a balance.