Are you ready for 2012 Christmas yet?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I've been hearing jingle bells in my sleep lately time to drag out my Christmas notebook and get to planning the most wonderful Christmas ever!

My daughter is coming home for Christmas this year; it's the first Christmas she and the kids have been home in 10 years.
She told me that Christmas was just another day with presents at their house and that the kids didn't know what a real Christmas was like. ( they live in Florida ) Well this year they will find out!

I'm so excited I don't know where to start! Well I do know where to start - with my Christmas note book and 15 minutes a day!

Freezer dinners for a week Christmas dinner menus, cookies recipes and Sooo much more.

Tee hee I can't wait!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Wonderful for you and your family! I'm not ready for Christmas at all...lol. I need to get on it!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Sounds great, Debbie!

I look forward to reading about your plans.

I am really, really enjoying this summer so much that my thoughts are here.

But- Little thoughts of Christmas have been entering my mind lately!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You are so blessed Debbi.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Debbi how wonderful that your daughter and her family will be with you for Christmas!

My notebook is just about ready...I can't wait to start using it!!! I think that's one of my favorite things to do at Christmas time :)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hi Debbie! I am nowhere near ready, but 15 minutes a day should get me there! That's wonderful news that your daughter's family will be spending the holidays with you! Please let us know how your preparations are going!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thats wonderful Debbie. I am sure this will be a Christmas you will all remember.

I am ashame to admit this but last year I did not use my Christmas notebook and boy did it show : forgotten & misplaced gifts. Almost forgot about the teacher gifts.

Thanks for the inspiration to bring new life to it and work on it!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
That will be so exciting for you. I'm sure it will be amazing and those kids are going to love every moment of it.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
work has been so crazy I have not thought about much. However I did get a few gifts and that always helps.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
This morning I have been working on getting my trellis up on my patio that I am putting in.
There was an old shed just out side my back door that we tore down this summer.
it has 13x15 concrete foundation.
Years ago my mother planted some rose clippings from the first house I ever had. (40 years ago ) and they are still there, So I am putting up a trellis for them to grow on on one corner of the patio. I haven't watered that rose in the 10 years I have lived here, and it made it threw the worst drought in Texas history last year.
I'm going to mulch them and water them so they will bloom, They Bloom when we have a lot of rain.
Should smell great I love the smell of roses, makes me think of momma.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
mmmm....roses! Love that smell! we have one climbing rose from DH's grandpa's garden. We had given up on it a couple years ago, cut it down to the ground and planted over it.

It came back like no one's business! Blooms and blooms now. :) I guess it liked aggressive pruning. lol

I am not ready for Christmas 2012 yet - but I will be! Gift closet is slowly starting to fill up. I'm turning my attention to gift tags and party/meal planning as well.

Fun!!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Debbie that is great! I know your family is going to have so much fun.

I have to admit, I too have been enjoying summer. Well at least until two weeks ago. Temps have been near or over 100 degrees and it's draining me.

So today I think I will stay in with all the shades down, curtains pulled closed and ac pumping. Pull out my holiday notebook and get some motivation going to finish planning for this Christmas.

LetItSnow

Retire Member
Aug 13, 2010
That's great! Enjoy the holidays with your daughter!!

I'm going to try and see a notebook through this year. I just need to get new ink in my printer...and to dig out the toys my two year old tossed inside of it!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Debbie, what a fantastic way to spend your Christmas with your daughter and grands. Make plans now to tour the lights and such with the kids. Make plenty of hot cocoa mix. Show your daughter that no matter where you live Christmas is in the hearts and homes.

I'm soooo ready for Christmas 2012. I don't have anything done on my notebook because I ran out of ink to print them but I am working on everything on my computer so assembly will be a breeze later.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Debbie - what wonderful news....

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Debbie that is great! I know your family is going to have so much fun.

I have to admit, I too have been enjoying summer. Well at least until two weeks ago. Temps have been near or over 100 degrees and it's draining me.

So today I think I will stay in with all the shades down, curtains pulled closed and ac pumping. Pull out my holiday notebook and get some motivation going to finish planning for this Christmas.

LOL We hit 105 with a heat index of 110; But I'm still hearing those jingle bells. ;)

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
My mom has ALWAYS said that it's all about the memories. I've always thought of this and tried to do things that my children will remember. Doing special Chritmas activities with your DD and her children will create lots of fun memories for them.:snowman2:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I agree, the small stuff and small moments are what is remembered. My 17 yo says, the best part of the whole season is that first night after putting up the tree and being able to sit down with a cup of hot cocoa and just take it in. We'll sit there in our jammies together and just day dream about what's to come!