August 2017 - Declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
More decluttering on the way! Our vacations are over so now is the start to more decluttering.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today I did one thing per room.

My bedroom:
- Getting of a pair of black dressy shoes (will be given to dniece). Bought a pair of sandals in NH to replace these (one in - one out!)
- 1 old t-shirt (will be given to a lady who makes rugs with them)
Office:
- an empty box
Nothing in the kitchenette (but the cupboards will be done soon so I'll get to that)
Kitchen:
- a candle holder
Basement:
- an old audio cassette
DD's bedroom:
- a vest of mine
DS's bedroom:
- empty enveloppes
Basement LR:
- an old folder

Reactions: Christmaslvr

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a whole heap of plastic containers into a bag to take to the charity bin. Am trying to find ways of simplifying my plastics cupboard.
DD tidied up her bathroom vanity unit and has a bag to go to the bin and some for charity.
Will start major declutter in a few more weeks.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I threw away an old housecoat that was missing a few snaps, Allen went thru a huge sack of gloves from Ryans room and matched up some pairs and threw the odd ones away, and also throwing out and old bed pillow and pillow cover. And some odd soxs went too. Ryan went thru a few things and pitched a lot.

I am feeling August as a pitching month!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Tossed two large bags into trunk for donations, mostly plastic organizers, binders and backpacks - my boys have all graduated high school now and no need for these items. Another bag full of school uniforms to be dropped off/donate, and some camping gear - kids tents and sleeping bags with a few ball gloves as well!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Doing well ladies,
I am planning to go through my linen cupboard, I know that I need new winter sheets next year so I might ask my mum to get me some for Christmas.
Need to clean all the donated things out of the garage and to the charity bin.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I thinking I will schedule a charity pick and get some stuff out the door that DS and Dil left for them rather than try to get them to the drop of location. There is quite a bit so I will spend sometime early next week seeking it all out. I get call all the time and have not been taking advantage but now that I am having a little more time at home I will be finding lots of things to get out the door.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Over the last week or so, I decluttered another area of the basement. I have 3 bags sitting in the garage for a thrift store drop off. I have 5 bags of clothes and 6 grocery bags of books I passed on. Three bags of trash went out from that area of the basement.

I sorted through the school/office area and got rid of a trash bag of broken things and old papers. I found some gently used school related books that I will donate to the school in September.

I've read that getting rid of things can make you feel better. I never really gave it much thought until this week. I've been feeling really good and I'm wondering if it is just seeing the stuff leave the house and the space opening up in the rooms. I'm not a fan of cluttered surfaces so I do keep up with that but it is the unseen areas (basement, closets, drawers, cabinets, etc.) that have been cluttered. I really do think it's making me happier. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, I agree. I feel much happier when things are tidy and decluttered. It makes my day easier, I don't spend hours looking for things, i get to work on time because I know where things are. Just happier all round

Reactions: luludou

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Seems people are doing a lot of cleaning! I am off next week Thursday thru Monday and that is on the top of my list. Thinking it will be outside in garage. It is jammed packed with totes and boxes and a MESS---TOTAL MESS!!!!! Hoping to finish Ryans room today and would like to finish mine by next Thursday but will see.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've got one back in the car from my office/craft/family room area and several things I've taken photos to sell online. My basement's looking good at the moment.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I have a stack of totes that I hope to go through after work today to see if I can condense them. Grandkids were looking for Pictionary Jr & I had forgotten about a 2nd tote that had games. Ooops.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
We have a craft club in our community and yesterday I donated a few bags of ribbons, small silk flowers and a few scrapbook paper and embellishment packs. It felt good to let it go and even better to give to those who will put it all to good use!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Nancy, that is good when you pass it on and know it will get used!

Mary, you really hauled out a lot!

You know I haven't gotten thru all my room yet but the stuff that I don't know what to do with and some I have moved out hasn't brothered me at all. I am doing some more magazines today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today*s one thing-a-day-declutter haul:

My bedroom: 3 toiletry items
guest room: 1 cd
bathroom: 1 empty pill bottle
Kitchen: 1 glass bowl (no longer has a cover)
Kitchenette: decorative candle holder (don't even like it, wonder why I,ve kept it so long)
LR - nothing (there isn't much in there so not much to get rid of)

Basement LR: 2 empty photo frames (see-through plastic that we are scratched up), 1 audio cassette
DD's bedroom: 1 pair of old jeans (mine!) They will be given to the lady who makes rugs with them
DS's bedroom: 2 sweaters
Bathroom: 2 old faceclothss

Today was easier... I was thinking.. if someone has to do my cleaning do I want them to have to go through all this nonsense stuff?

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
I seriously need to start getting on the decluttering front.
I have had a good turf out recently and gotten rid of a load of rubbish with 3 trips to the skip to get rid of said junk. Now its more paperwork and other bits and pieces.
I do need to focus on cleaning more though - I think I might have to get back into a Grand Plan after being away for a while. Its much needed

Reactions: Holiday_Mom