August 2018 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
August?...WOW.
A month where I get little done but planning for the Big Spring cleaning that starts in September.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD & I cleaned out the rest of her drawers today... she just kept a few things for when she comes, and we got 2 big stacks of books to give away, some stuff for recycling and some stuff for the garbage. I am very happy with what we accomplished.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Finally I can post in the declutter thread!! I have an app called Centriq where you can enter your household items (appliances, tools, personal care, etc.) with model and serial number and the app will list them and add resources for parts & accessories, manuals & guides, and how-to videos, and there is also an option for you to enter notes and/or receipts. I was able to toss all of Vic's tool manuals, all of the kitchen appliance manuals, and now I'm working on a stack of other manuals (office equipment and misc items like that) I've been hanging on to forever. Paper recycling will be full this week!

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
That sounds like a great app Pamela. I will look into that,
I cleaned out the medicine cabinet yesterday. threw out some miscellaneous items and have 2 filled prescriptions to take back to the pharmacy for disposal.
While I was there checked the insect repellent and sunscreen for Summer.
Looks good in there now.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have 2 pairs of shoes that are to little. 1 with tags on yet and the other barely worn, also have some shirts for rags and some for Goodwill. Went thru a couple baskets and have all the Christmas books in 1 bag and threw some stuff out.

Hope to keep working in here tomorrow. My room.

Last edited:

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
Cleaned through my kitchen took drawers apart cleaned out pantry went through baking spices had to replace some and lined my shelves then went into craft room and moved totes around pulled out my fall totes and christmas ones so their up front and went through to check other supplies as i have to get a few more paints and more brushes.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went through DS's closet this weekend and took out a bunch of things that are too small now - in a bag with the Goodwill pile! Need to go through socks and underthings next!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Went through my closet and got rid of 7 hoodies that I used to wear to work. Husband got rid of some belts. Had 5 bags of stuff in the attached garage that need to go to goodwill. Will take all that stuff when I go to town this week. Also cleaned the hall closet and tidied up the pantry. And pitched 2 bags of junk out of the laundry room. I have 2 jackets that I will see if my cousin can wear since I've lost so much weight. If she can't use them I'll take them to goodwill too this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was looking through our photos on the weekend trying to find a specific photo of the kids when younger. Cannot find it.
Time to clean out the photo trunk.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Gave my mom a shirt and 2 containers for the bath. A salt and something else.

Will take the shoes to work tomorrow the pair with tags on them and see if anybody wants them.

More paper out the door and cleaned the medicine cabinet out in our room.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I started the one-thing a room declutter saturday: 2 dvds will be sent to dd's house.
In the donation bag I added: 3 pairs of earrings, 1 cami.
In the garbage: 1 pair of thongs, and the bathroom floor :rolleyes:. DH cut off the wood floor in the bathroom. Threw out some papers too.

Still need to go through more things.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I finished fall and winter clothes and sent them to the consignment shop. Started two bags...one for spring/summer consignment and another for Goodwill. Now, I need to start another bag for next year of fall/winter so as I put stuff on or don't wear it this year, in it can go!

Also, cleaned out some drawers in our bedroom. Need to do the sewing area.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We're working on sorting through things in the kids' rooms. We got two trash bags of "stuff" out the door.