August 2019, declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Michelle, good luck :)
DH brought back MORE stuff from the construction site he is at yesterday:rolleyes:
I told DS last night that I want his stuff out before the baby comes and that his dad is preventing me from bringing it to him, so ds will come by and pick up his stuff himself :)
He should meet the guy at the vehicule office today so that the sale gets finalized and that'll declutter the driveway (one less car!)

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
Horsemama, to quote someone, click and drag over what you want to quote and it will highlight in blue. Let go of the button and the text should remain highlighted and a red "reply" tab will appear. Click on the reply tab and the quote should appear in a new message box. Hope this helps.

Sweetpumpkinpye - thank you!

I moved an old filing cabinet out to the garage to donate. I was trying to put all the photo albums in the hall bookcase, but some of them are too tall. So, I may have to transfer the pages to other notebooks, or find another place for the photo albums. This winter I think I'll take on combining/thinning my parents photos. You know, how many pictures do I need of the lilac in bloom, storm clouds, etc.

I inherited everything when my Mom passed. I've purged a lot, but she had so much. She had 8 or 9 quilts in process. Do I want to finish them or toss them? I've started a 'to be shredded' box for most of her journals and scrapbooks. I of course take out any family history stories or items first. These scrapbooks aren't family photos, they're just magazine articles/pictures pasted into notebooks. They're interesting, but take up so much space. There's a lot of old and interesting things...sewing booklets, crochet patterns from the 20s (my Grandma) and 50s (my Mom). I'll keep a couple and see if my sisters want any, the others I'll donate.

Going thru my Mom's stuff makes me think about things I've been hanging on to...and rethink what I'm keeping.

Reactions: luludou and PamelaG

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Did really well today. Finished up going through the last 2 bins belonging to DH. DH load the car and I took even more stuff off some shelves. We hopped in and drove out to Good Will. Dropped it off and went to Menards. Had a list and DH started in about not having to get so much and actually shopping. He grumbled through it and after we got home I realized he need to eat. Never again will I take that man shopping without him eating first! Once we were home and ate he was fine. I went outside to test the gutter guard we bought and once I was done and put things away he showed up. I asked him why he came out and he said I heard you go outside. He was checking up on me. Tomorrow is suppose to be sunny until about 3 so I am going to the garage early and going through the Christmas decor. Sigh, it will be hard to do some of it but it must be done. I shall allow others to creating a cozy Christmas with my decor.

We purchase closet doors, paint and metal strips to but on garage door. I still need to find the right gutter guards and ceiling tiles. Home Depot here I come.

Reactions: luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I inherited everything when my Mom passed. I've purged a lot, but she had so much. She had 8 or 9 quilts in process. Do I want to finish them or toss them?

So you think someone in the quilt world would want them? Or the sewing teaching at one of the schools?

Reactions: PamelaG

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
Ahorsesoul, there might be a quilt group at a church that would take completed quilt squares to use. I could look into that. I don't know about the schools. I don't think they teach anything like quilting. There was a quilting group in my county...I could look them up, maybe they'd know. Thanks for the thought.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DH was out of gas after working so hard the last 3 days. I was low but pushed through it. I got through all the Christmas box and then some. I must admit I did better than I thought when I went through it last year. I did keep only a few snowman themed items and my small Christmas village. Since I know I am in here this Christmas I will use it one more time and then when packing away I will send a little more to charity.

DH did a little down by the back deck. It will look nice when we gets that done. He doesn't know it but DS and DD are coming over on the Monday, his Birthday to help with the projects for his birthday gift. Hoping to get the front and side, and garage doors painted.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I finally caught the neighbors outside and gave them 2 pairs of shoes that were brand new to their youngest daughter. She is actually getting ready to go into that size they said. So they are out of here.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Horsemama, I would definitely reach out to a quilting group. Quilters take their art seriously and love to pass along quilts to others. It might be something they can finish and donate to someone who will really enjoy it.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
August was a big decluttering month, lets see what we can do in September

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I've gone thru books, dishes, record albums - 33s and 78s (I've got mine, my Mom's, and my great aunts {old ones!})
When I was young, I loved to listen to my mother's 78 record of Meet Me in St Louis!!!