August Roudolf day 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
It's getting close, it's almost here, I can hear a whisper on the wind, Christmas is getting near. It's almost my very favorite time of year.
So I'm obviously feeling very poetic. All the Fall and Christmas decor does that to me.
So what are everyone's big plans for Rudy day?
I'm going to start working on my Christmas cards for our yearly swap.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I think I want to pull out my totes to see what I have and what I need to add. I'm thinking of purchasing two 6 ft trees - one for my bedroom and one for the dining room - and I am going to need more ornaments. The trees I currently use in those rooms are table tops and in the dining room since I no longer have the wall that separated the kitchen/dining I have no place to set up my Christmas village. I have not had them on display in 3 years. :( By moving the tree which usually sits on my sidebar, my village will go in it's place. The two table top trees will be relocated to my office.

I've been on pinterest pinning decorating ideas, recipes and such. Will print out some to add to my notebook. Maybe even try a new dish or dessert.

Since Rudy Day falls on Thursday, this will have to wait til the weekend.

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Dont think I will be able to do anything for it. I have to work that day and we have appointments that evening. We are talking about going to the shore that weekend too.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I really need to get started on our Christmas cards. We may be purchasing an artificial tree this year, so will need to budget for that. We'll need additional ornaments as well.As we get closer, I love to really get into my Christmas binder...I have this years pages printed so may play with those. We have a new grandbaby (our first!) so there will be extra presents to buy this year...so more planning!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I think I am going to give my Christmas Planner a make-over for 2016. I'd also like to try out some freezable cookie dough recipes (and taste test of course).

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
that's what I need to do go over my Christmas planner. will watch elf on the 25th play is coming in december

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm hoping to revamp my Christmas binder. I need to find a hiding spot now that the girls can read......or learn another language so they can't read it. lol.

Also plan to watch a Christmas movie on NetFlix.

Congratulations Christmaslvr! It's a lot of fun when there are little ones to buy for again.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I want to also go through my binder and update my pages and calendars. DH is having a procedure on the 25th so I will be off from work to go with him, but not sure how long we will be. Most likely will need my Rudolph day on Saturday.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Happy Rudolph Day!!

I have a copy of Jack Frost that I got from the library and I am going to watch it this afternoon.

I am going to update calendars for the HHP Plan that starts on Sunday.

What are your plans?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
HAPPY, HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY!!!

I'm working on planning for Holiday events for my work - I'm the official Christmas party/event planner - big surprise! :)

We usually have a week in December that has some sort of event, usually food related, every day. I'm also planning what I'll do for little surprises to put on everyone's desk one morning.

Right now my plans are:

Monday, Dec 12th - Christmas Brunch setup in big conference room, some food I'll pay for and make, some things work will pay for and I'll make and a couple other folks will help make food too

Tuesday, Dec 13th - Hot Chocolate Bar in smaller conference room on our other floor

I have a tall metal coffee urn that I can use to just heat up hot water in and then people can mix hot cocoa as they like. I'll get some cans of spray whip cream, mini marshmallows and candy canes too!

I'm also looking for a good hot cocoa recipe - a really indulgent one - I can have made up in a crockpot!

Wednesday, Dec 14th - Staff Potluck over the lunch hour - Everyone will chip in on this one but work usually pays for the main dish - however - I'm struggling with what to buy to make since I have a really tight budget - trying to keep costs for the whole weeks activities around $100! Still brainstorming!

Thursday, Dec 15th - Secret Santa surprises (candy or small food item) on everyone's desk when they come in - plus we'll have an event in the conference room to close cases (support call software) and I think we'll have plenty of leftovers to pull out!!! We play BINGO in between working on cases and my boss gets some small prizes for folks to keep it fun!

Friday, Dec 16th - Ice Cream Social

I have a 3 crock unit (small crocks) that I'll have hot fudge, caramel and strawberry sauce in respectively. Then we'll have leftover whip cream from hot chocolate bar and sprinkles!

AND I think we'll probably have our company Christmas party that night too. I have to plan that as well. It's a matter of picking a restaurant, a menu, etc.

I'm comparing my plans to my daily to do document for that week in December so I don't overload myself too badly, since I'll be making a lot of food items for work in addition to getting cookie platters and cinnamon rolls out the door to school and DH's work. AND finalizing packages to be shipped that Sunday before the week starts. It's going to be hectic but I think I can pull it off! I'm nuts, aren't I?

We also adopted a family last year so I need to put some basic thought into that including when I would need all donations in by so I can do the shopping and then the wrapping. Really enjoyed that last year!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
AJ - is your company hiring?

I will even commute from Canada!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
This afternoon I am pulling out my binder and looking at menu planning for fall/winter. Would like to simplify the prep and utilize my crockpots more.

Added a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg to my vanilla protein shake for breakfast (I can almost convince myself its eggnog-ish).

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I'm hoping to revamp my Christmas binder. I need to find a hiding spot now that the girls can read......or learn another language so they can't read it. lol.

Also plan to watch a Christmas movie on NetFlix.

Congratulations Christmaslvr! It's a lot of fun when there are little ones to buy for again.

As my kids and grandkids got old enough to read I use codes on the wrapped packages. For Example: My oldest grandsons name is Brody Keith. His birthday is Oct. 24. The code reads BKC1024 for his Christmas gift and BKB1024 for his birthday gift. They've yet to figure it out. I had to add the middle initials because we had more than one family member with the same first initial.

I've been crazy busy (Mom in ICU) and then fell sick with a stomach flu and sinus infection this week so my treat to myself today was to get a few rooms caught up and ready to do the HHP next week. Now I'm going to kick back and watch a Netflix Christmas movie.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AJ, that sounds like an awesome week!!!!!

My Rudy Day I did pull some fabrics out that I will use to make quilts and snowman pillows. Also found some more red/white/blue for the item I think I will do for the 12 Days of Christmas swap.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I watched Jack Frost Saturday, played around in my notebook and went to town pinning. I just finished adding two more meals to my freezer and then I'm going to download Christmas music to my phone so I can play them in my car.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Aggy - I watched Jack Frost and loved it!

Thanks for the great recommendation.