August Roudolf day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Okay, I am really laughing out loud! I am so busy that I hardly even know what today's date is....It's the 11th right? (which, BTW, means I forgot to pay the water and cable even though it was on my list yesterday...see how busy I am?)
That means I have two weeks and it will be a Thursday because today is Thursday...and I have to work that day, but by that Saturday I may actually be able to celebrate Rudy Day...because I am NOT doing Saturday detention this year..at least not more than once a month.
And, HGP or HHP starts the 28th, which is Sunday...
You all must be rolling in the floor becasue I am delirious which means I get awfully silly...time to go to bed! I'll come do this more properly later...lol

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Need to work on finalizing gift list. I AM cutting down this year. I love to buy gifts for people. Good thing I don't have any grandkids---can't wait tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
DebbiGall..... thank you for starting this thread! It's ironic.... we are getting SO CLOSE to the holidays...... and yet..... August feels as far away from Christmas as we can get!!!! But..... no matter how we feel.... Christmas 2011 IS getting closer!!!!

So... I will hold on to the idea of our August Rudolph Day!!!! I think that QVC will be doing a Christmas show. Maybe HSN will also!\

2011 is a really crazy year. Which means.... we need our MHH Family.... more than ever!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Missjane.... I feel that I have about 10% of my mental abilities left.... at this point in August! We will ALL get better... when Christmas gets closer!

Lana... I KNOW that it is getting closer.... but it feels like it is so far away!

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008
Nr Swansea in south wales, uk
Hi all

Am returning to the site after a few months away and some hecticness seems to have died down.

I've now moved house so everything at the minute is up in the air. Stuff is everywhere, and in the process of moving we've managed to lose the Christmas tree! any excuse to buy a new one.

Although here in this new house we now have a dining room, and a garden and 3 bedrooms - before we were in a small two bed flat with only one main living room and a kitchen you couldnt swing a squirrel in. So you can imagine how landed I am now.

Im already plannign decorations........

Which on a side note back to the subject - rudolph day is a thursday this month right? I will probably make a start on Christmas card making because Ive found a really simple but pretty idea for christmas cards......... http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/Pages/Ideas/Idea.aspx?id=1039 think they will look effective.

so I will be sat watching a christmas film and making christmas cards ready with my little boy. Might even make some gift cards with him too.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have no idea really. I have not been doing much on my rudy days and hopefully I will pull out my notebook and get looking at it. The houswork plans start soon also so I could use some prep in my notebooks for that as well. I found a cute simiple idea for cards so maybe I will try one or two and see if that works.

mummysnoflake-those are really cute.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mommysnowflake these are nice cards and you seem to have a wonderful RD planned out :)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Mummysnowflake, congratulations on the new house! I love the card ideas. I think even I could do it.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I think I'll spend this Rudolph Day putting together kits for our Sept. RV trip to Yellowstone. I can get a lot done if I get organized. Plastic bags that sheets come in, or make-up bags that Clinique freebies come in make good containers. Now if my eyes just hold out! I have a cataract on my left eye which I had a pterygium removed from a few years ago. I tend to close my left eye when I read the computer screen, because now the left column tends to wander into the right. My good eye, the right one, has 2 pterygia on it. I'm afraid to have them removed, because the side effects are really bad. One is the double vision, which I have occasionally in the left eye. I'm making mistakes when I play my harp, because I can't see the lower strings very well. What this means is that the left cataract really needs to go. I see the surgeon in Dec., so Jan. may be IT. In the meantime, I have a lot of needlework that needs to get done, but I can't do it for long periods of time.

I'll put on a Christmas movie while I'm getting it together.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm anxious to get started with the HGP this year. I have been on the go so much this summer (more than usual) that I have completely neglected my little palace.

So I will be shopping for cleaning supplies this week. I also want to start stocking my home with regularly used staples. I went in the kitchen to find something quick to snack on and my fridge and cabinets are near empty.

Christmasrose I like your idea of watching a holiday movie while getting your kits together. I may play some holiday tunes while I do my cleaning. Hope all goes well with the eye doctor.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I will probably spend my August Rudy Day working on our September garage sale. It is our "Christmas Fundraiser" each year. I hope to make about $300 and I have plenty of washing, folding, tagging and decluttering to get to before the sale day.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Mummysnowflake - I agree. Those are gorgeous cards!!

Well... I'll need to start thinking of ideas for the magic elves. Also, stocking stuffer month is going to need to extend to August for me too lol!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
August's Rudolph Day does seem far away from Christmas and yet close at the same time!!!

Since I work during the day and have a pretty packed weeknight schedule, my Rudolph activities on the actual date of the 25th will be pretty limited. Just like any other weeknight I will try to do some crafting after DS goes to bed :)

I will plan on doing some additional Rudy day things this coming weekend - taking advantage of DS nap times on both days to work on:

- Quiet Book project
- Christmas Cards
- Misc. Christmas gift or decoration project (have several lined up, just need to pick one and get started!)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Today is August 15th.... so we have ten days until our August Rudolph Day! Right now..... I am going to set a goal..... to spend some time enjoying Christmas pleasures on that day!!!! That can be a reward for hard work for the days leading up to the 25th! And.... for "mini-rewards".... I can set aside some Rudy Day treats: a Christmas book? a Christmas magazine.... or two? Play time with my Christmas Notebook? Definitely get dinner prepared in advance.... so no dinner prep/cleanup on THAT day!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
In the calendar I printed out from sept to dec (1 page per month), I penciled in:

- dates I know will be busy
- weekend for decorating
- Seperated my Christmas freezer list per month (a few things to do per month)
- Dates for wrapping
- Date to send card
- Dates to finish crafts
- I wanted to print in my cleaning dates but with renovations dh will be doing nothng can be planned in that department - so I will continue decluttering and maintaining.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I'll be happy if I remember to pull out my notebook and look through it! I would like to print some calendars for the rest of the year and look ahead to the countdowns! I really need to start making my Christmas cards! Related to cards, those not getting a hand made cards are already written out and addressed, just need to put stamps on them (which I have from last year...bought the pine cone Forever Stamps)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
DebbieGall.... How about "Sundaes on Sunday"... and have a bar loaded with stuff to "make your own sundae"?

It just hit me that..... our August Rudolph Day is only THREE DAYS before we begin the 2011 Christmas Plans! Maybe Rudy Day can be a kind of "staging day" for the preparation for Christmas 2011. If I can..... I'll spend some time with the calendar.... and try to get a look at "the big picture".