August Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wrapping party days will be posted on August Rudy day. Not long now.

Reactions: luludou

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Thanks for putting up the post, completely got away from me yesterday. You're our hostess this month with Love the Coopers. I bought a copy last year and I don't think I ever watched it. Looking forward to it and I'll work on my HGP/HHP decision and then printing and clean out my planner.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have quite a bit planned for this Rudy Day, I too need to tidy and update the planner, and of course watch Love the Coopers.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was able to find Love the Coopers at the library and watched it this afternoon while stitching on my sampler. I finished the hard part--yellow. It took a lot of blinking to see it correctly but managed to get it done. I have 2 more colors on this the candlestick and then the words. I will have to go get the right color thread for the words.

DH and I sat and discussed Christmas gifts for the family. That is a big item done. I will probably take the gifts up to my mom's and work on them with her. I will need to go through my fabric and decide what I and use and the purchase what I need.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This is the first Rudy Day of the year that I have had the time to think about and participate in.

I am going to watch Love the Coopers this evening as I make lots of notes in my planner.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I reserved Love the Coppers at the library but it won't be available until the 30th. ☹ I started working on my advent calendar.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Watched the movie - it was open in the DVD closet but I don't remember watching it before. Worked on my planner, organized all the House & Holidays printables, took a quick look at the budget, and put up my blog post. I can't believe it's been a YEAR since I put up a Rudolph Day post!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I looked for some ideas about how to use the vintage wooden textile bobbins I bought at the rummage sale yesterday. I don't have the movie...suppose I should look for it for next year.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DD, a friends son (DD's friend), and I are watching Rise of the Guardians because I couldn't find Love the Coopers. :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Well my first response was dang, I forgot about this. I was thinking about it all week and then today I was so excited to not go anywhere it didn't cross my mind. BUT then I stopped and realized I was making Christmas cards all day. I think that counts as Christmas prep, I just didn't add a Christmas movie like normal, instead I watched the V.C. Andrews movies on Lifetime all day. I did come here now though to work on my planner a bit. My husband is gone so I have FULL access to the internet and get full speed without him hogging the bandwidth...YAY!!!

I seen that Love the Coopers movie on the EPIX channel last week when it was free, so I'm going to go check and see if I tapped it. well I looked and nope..didn't tape it. That's a bummer. I don't even remember if I'm seen that movie. I'm going to go check Netflix now. Well they do have it on DVD, so I just put it to the top of the list for this week. Better late than never. I have some extra time this week so that will be good.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Was supposed to be my rudy day but trying to sell my son's car on marketplace... it is NUTS!! emails and phone don't stop ... geez! It think we didn't ask enough .... supposed to be sold now so I'm gonna watch a Christmas movie but I don't have the one for the month. too hot to do anything else. However I plan to work on Christmas wrapping next weekend :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looks like you all had a very busy day. Every little bit we do now makes our life easier come Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, what pod cast did you listen to?

The two that I try to listen to on the 25th of the month, Tinsel Tunes Christmas Music and Can't Wait for Christmas. Tinsel Tunes tells the story behind various Christmas songs and then we hear various versions of the same song. Can't Wait for Christmas is hosted by a comedian who likes to look at the fun things of Christmas.

Which reminds me, I heard the Christmas song, "Summer Wonderland" on Tinsel Tunes and I thought of you. Have you heard it before?

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Which reminds me, I heard the Christmas song, "Summer Wonderland" on Tinsel Tunes and I thought of you. Have you heard it before?
No, have not heard that one, will have to try and find it, it sounds great.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
There is one that comes out at the end of November and runs just about everyday in December called Christmas Past. It has stories from the past Christmas and talks about various traditions. You may like that.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul