Black Friday Nov 23rd 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 23, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH friends!

2. luludou

Did not sleep well but doesn't matter … it's Friday! Last night stopped by the grocery store so won't have that to do tonight. DH picked up some more light fixtures for the bathroom.
    Did gym and will have breakfast shortly.
    So how is the Black Friday shopping going? :)

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lucie and all who follow.

I am still not feeling very well. Don't know how long this is supposed to last, but am ready for sickness to go far, far away. I have been living on crackers and Sprite for the most part. DD sent me some dinner yesterday, but it didn't taste good to me. When I can, I will get myself a turkey and maybe a ham, and cook some decent food. I may try some chicken noodle soup later. But this has no flavor whatsoever.

Lucie, I have not slept well for about a month. I am out of my sleep Rx, and that is why. I should have asked DS to bring me some. We take the same one.

My iPad is giving me fits, so I will quit for now. Have a fun day!

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lucie- No Black Friday shopping here, at least not yet anyway. Maybe later in the day.
    Pam- I sure hope you kick this bug soon!

DH and DS just left to go get in line at the DMV for DS to do a walk-in driving test!! Please send good thoughts that he passes. They are driving across the island for him to take the test at a DMV over there instead of the one closest to us. It's the same DMV that his appointment is for on the 3rd, so if he does fail he will at least be familiar with the route I guess. I hope he passes though. The parking passes are going quickly at school and there are only 9 left as of this week, so he really needs to pass so we can purchase a pass on Monday. I'll be a nervous wreck until I hear!

I think this morning i'll start working on putting up the main tree, clearing space for it anyway. I would really like to buy a new one but that requires going out to see if I can find any deals. So I will hold off on putting it up and work on clearing the space instead. I should probably figure out breakfast for the kids too. I wouldn't mind going out a little later and looking around to see if there are any deals left at a few stores like the PX, Target, the NEX, maybe Walmart. I'm wondering if my friend and her husband went this morning. I'll have to text her and see.

Might catch a movie today! There are several out that DH wants to see, i'm just worried about The Grinch. haha

Enjoy your day!

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. No shopping for me. I'm recovering from 8 hours in the kitchen yesterday. Dsil took pity on me, and he took care of leftovers and dishes. We watched the new Christmas movie on Netflix - "Christmas Chronicles" with Kurt Russell as Santa, but I kept falling asleep. Everyone loved the movie - I'll have to watch it again. I was in bed at 8:30 and slept until almost 8:00 this morning. Dsil fed the kiddoes ham and pie for breakfast, and then he left to go shopping. I will spend the day right here on the couch with my feet up and a book.

Have a great day Everyone!

6. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Just after 5am here and DH and are I off to our farm. I don't go as often as I could. I find the early morning, the long drive there, the popping in to see the Father in Law, and the long drive home does not appeal to me so I often stay home. I love our farm and will be happy to retire there but like my sleep ins too!.

Sounds like you all had a marvelous Thanksgiving Day,
    Best go, DH is ready.
    Much love,

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good evening got up early before work went to kohls and target and home depot. we were busy at work guess everyone was hungry after shopping. have a good nite

8. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I got the tree out about 945 last night. Just put it up. I got up this morning and decorated it. Did it all in red vintage... even did red tinsel.

I have all but the roaster pan washed. My hands hurt from all of the washing and rinsing. I have tried to use the dishwasher as much as possible. In between washing machine and dishwasher loads I have been decorating the rest of the house. I am not happy with the hall bathroom. I haven't even started decorating the kitchen... might do that tomorrow or Sunday. I have run out of Christmas decor. I gave tons away the last few year.... I might have given too much away.

We thought about going thrift store shopping for about 3 minutes and decided to just stay home. Glad we did as Hubby got sick about an hour ago. I think he ate too much yesterday. Kiddo and I are fine so it wasn't anything we ate. Just hoping it isn't viral.

I am pleased at how the dining room and dining room are decorated. I want to go hang lights in our master bedroom. Kiddo doesn't decorate his room.... maybe I can at least convince him to hang some lights. Back to Pinterest for ideas. I need to pick up a few decor items after Christmas is over.

9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

Busy day today. I took M for a hair cut and we headed to the local mall to pick up something to wear for family pictures today. Our local mall was busy, which was great for our area. I bought M a vest at Aero and they left the security tag on it. I'll have to have it removed some time. o_O I ran some other errands while we were out, too. Then my friend came and took our pics for our Christmas card and stayed and chatted for a bit. The guys just went up to the farm for a few things, and then will be home for dinner. We are ordering pizza and I'm making wings at home.

I just made our Christmas card on Snapfish. I'm waiting for J to see it before I order it. I started laundry this morning. I think I'll put another load in when I'm done here. I have some checkbook balancing to do and a few other odds and ends.

I hope everyone is having a restful evening! These 2 days can be exhausting!

~peace and blessings~

10. luludou

Katrina I didn't know you had a farm. would love to see pictures.

Just ordered 2 lighted wine bottles for a hostess gift (50% off and free shipping).

Thinking of ordering a hard drive and a google home mini, have until the 29th with those prices.

DH had his Christms lunch with the company and picked me up at 3:30 afterwards. He did not eat supper and slept a little instead. He said they had a big lunch. He is now gone to guitar lesson.

I'm doing laundry.

We are both feeling tired, and cold - hope we are not coming down with anything.

Night

11. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

It's been bitterly cold here, and I've been sick, so not much accomplished. Did a little online shopping from some of the Black Friday sales.

GrammaDeb - I'm planning on watching that movie tonight as well - I hear it's really good.

12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone!

We had a great day yesterday, until the trip home from the cabin. My van stalled and quit. It's in the shop, but we didn't hear anything today about what's wrong. Had to get it towed to the shop.

DGS#1 spent the night last. DS and DDIL were shopping. DGS #2 was at their house with his other grandmother and grandfather. They brought him over just before lunch. I did most of my shopping online today. It kept me from buying a lot of unnecessary stuff.

DH is sick. He threw up about an hour ago. I Lysoled the whole house.

Sounds like everyone had a great day yesterday.

I need to finish supper.

TTYL

13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

M and I just watched The Santa Chronicles on Netflix. It was super cute!

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

DS passed his driving test!! He was so happy and we were pretty proud of him for passing on his first try. Unfortunately the battery in his vehicle is no good. We tried to jump it and then DH put it on the charger and it's reading bad, so we'll have to get a new one tomorrow. We had lunch at BWW to celebrate and then came home and messed around with DS's vehicle. Dropped him at a friends house on our way out to shop.

DH and I went to Target and Walmart. We picked up 2 sets of pj's each for the kids for now because they all need them and then got the Christmas Eve pj's. Picked up DD an electric throw blanket. At Walmart I bought PW's newest cookbook since they were all $10 and we got a new tree (not on sale). I wanted a set of Pyrex storage containers but they were already sold out at Target in-store and online and Walmart didn't have them online at all and they were gone in the store. Oh well.

Now we're home and i'm going to eat some leftovers and figure out what to do with the darn coffee table in the front room so we can set up the new tree. DD watched The Santa Chronicles earlier today and I started it. Eli was watching it as well in his room on the Wii U. I'll finish it later or tomorrow.

Goodnight friends!

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just after 6.30pm here and am home. A long day. Wrote a few lists of what still needs to get done at the house. Still a long way to go before it is move-inable. I know we will get there.
    We have wings in the oven for dinner, I am hungry so hope they don't take too long, then a bath and bed.
    DS went to the optometrist today and has been told that he needs glasses. DD has an appointment at the same optometrist next Saturday so DS will take her and they will select glasses for DS. She has good taste so will make a nice choice.

Looks like I will be watching the Christmas Chronicles on Netflix tonight.

teachermomof2 likes this.