Boo Wednesday 2018-10-31 - Halloween!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 31, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween MHH world.

2. luludou

I'm already dressed up in my costume and it's 6:00 am . will put up a picture later tonight or tomorrow.

Decided to get dressed up for work as everyone is so stiff around here :)
    Have Spanish at noon.

Tonight is giving out candies and going out on our street to see what the town put out (games, popcorns, candy fluff, etc...).

Slept poorly and having hot flashes alot these nights. No fun.

Have a great day

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Happy Halloween!

I'm going to be a dud this year and leave my porch light off tonight, just too many things going on. I'm pretty sure the fire department will bring their big truck over to the housing area and the kids will be so busy with that - they've done that before and they bring a lot of candy and I ended up with all this leftover candy that I did not need to eat.

Car service is complete - new battery because it failed the battery test. It was the original so that's fine, don't want to worry about a dead battery at some point during our 3000 mile road trip. New tires, brakes are ok for another 10-15,000 on the back and 35,000 on the front so all in all, the bill wasn't too bad. I had a loaner so I ran a long list of errands and when the car was done, I took it to the truck stop and got an empty weight ticket. Now we need to fill it and take it back on our way out of town or wait until we get to Washington and weigh it there before we unload it. I also went to the specialty shoe store and bought new shoes for work and a pair of sneakers. Great service, the sales girl really took her time helping me to find the right shoes. I've been wearing Danskos, wore them all the time I worked in Washington last time but they really are chunky so I was looking for a lighter shoe. Picked up my new glasses at Costco, Progressive lenses and I'm having a heck of a time adjusting to them. They are my first set of Progressives so I'm sure it will just take a few days.

4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning, and Happy Halloween!

Kiddoes wore their costumes to school today. Dgd is a broken doll - couldn't wear makeup (for cracks & missing chunks) to school, but DD will do her up for tonight. She did wear tattered, dirty clothes with funky messy pony tails - looked cute. Dgs is Harry Potter, complete with robes, vest & scarf - he brought me his tie when it was time to run out the door and said "Help me please." I haven't tied a man's tie in many years; and after 3 tries, the skinny end was still about 12" too long. I told him to tuck it in his pants. Haha.

I'm sitting with neighbor lady today - she is still sleeping. Wish I was still sleeping too. When I get home this afternoon I will fix chicken soup with dumplings for dinner.

Have a great day everyone!

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning! I have about 7 minutes left. It will be afternoon before I finish this post, I bet.

Yesterday, I spent my time on the bedroom moving totes out. I didn't carry them; I pushed! Went thru a couple of them. One had a lot of my high school stuff. I think I need to go back thru again. Why am I keeping my old graduation cards? They are over 50 years old! There are three letters I want to keep. One from my freshman history teacher. He and I were very close. One time he told me that I was the daughter he never had. He had two sons. I adored him! Even tho he called me Red, because of my hair. Wasn't too fond of that, but I let him get by with it. Lol. But I sure do miss him.

My tailbone is really hurting today. The good thing is I found some things that had disappeared! My pictures, that I thought were lost, were put behind my 'vanity'. And my fave Vera Bradley purse. It was in a tote. Now, I have a bin on the shelf of my bedroom closet that I store my purses in, NOT totes. I would never have put it in a tote. I was so happy to have found it. Love the pattern and the style! Yay! I also found some of the twins papers from first grade. Jennifer wrote at the top of her papers 'I love you, Miss Sachs'. We got to be great friends with her. She was a first year teacher. We all loved her.

I have a few dishes to wash up. Will do them shortly. My niece is taking my dresser in exchange for cleaning Jay's house. I can hardly wait to get the new bedroom furniture on Saturday. I need to get as much done in the next two days, because I won't be able to help with anything on Saturday. Maybe this will help my spirits perk up a little.

Well, it is 12:06, so I bid you Good Afternoon. We are having gloomy weather today. Yuck. Cold and rainy. Double yuck! Have a great day! Be safe and be blessed!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Raining again here this morning, hoping it clears up for tonight but we'll just use umbrellas if not. We've trick or treated in the rain and snow, no big deal for us. haha I have a slight headache this morning so i'm hoping I can get it gone. My nose was all stuffy when I got up so I think it's sinus related. I'll take a Sudafed in a bit. Eli is still coughing his head off and i've been giving him the cough meds and Sudafed every day this week before school and sometimes before bed as well. Might have to go back to an allergy med daily and see if that helps. I would really like to get a run in today but not if this headache is sticking around. Eli can wear his costume to school for the first part of the morning and they are doing a small parade (parents aren't invited). DD is encouraged to wear a costume, orange/black, or accessories for spirit points for her homeroom. She will just wear black i'm sure. She doesn't really get into participating in stuff like that.

DH went to the Commissary last night while I was picking up DS from drivers ed, however he didn't grab a couple things so i'll run back first thing this morning during early bird hours because I need them for my spooky dinner tonight. Other than that, nothing on my schedule today. I went to do the checkbook and pay bills this morning because it's payday and found that our cable/internet/phone bill went up by $22!!!! :eek: No notice it was going up or anything. I looked at last month's bill to see what went up and they increased the internet by $20 and increased the TV by $10 but then dropped the phone by $10 so that part evens out. Makes me mad. We may be looking for a different provider, not that there is a lot of options here, I think our only other option is Dish. Frustrating. A lot of people don't even use cable and just use Hulu and Netflix and some other things and just pay for Internet. We like certain shows though and i'm not sure they are on those types of things. Would have to research.

Lucie- I decided that i'm going to at least wear a witch hat all day. No full costume until tonight though. Have fun!
    Pamela- Glad the car is ready to go! You're well on your way to being ready to hit the road.
    Deb- The costumes sound awesome.
    Pam- I'm glad you found some missing items!

Enjoy your day!

7. luludou

Mix of rain and snow here… hoping it'll stop for the kids tonight.
    IMG_1282.JPG I'm the one in the snowman costume. Also my ex-cw , Yé Zhang, such a nice girl!

teachermomof2, GrammaDeb and PamelaG like this.
  8. MrsSoup

Super cute Lucie!

luludou likes this.
  9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween
    be safe and have fun will be going out with my grandson hes so excited

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    We had no trick or treaters last night. Thankfully did not buy too much and we can easily use what I have here.
    Today, a bit of shopping. Going to Officeworks to buy DH an external hard drive that he is wanting and off to the hardware to get him some gift cards. He is nearly done now for gifts for Christmas. Will take the empty bottles to the return depot, we get 10c a bottle.
    Back to my mums to do a few things and that is it for another day.

1st of November here so Christmas is next month.........:eek:

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy Halloween!

I attempted to get on earlier, but life happens. I was actually off today to go to the dentist. I did take some time to relax this morning, did some cleaning and some laundry. Putzed around with a few other things, too. Then I went to the dentist. My dentist has left town, so other dentists are filling in for her. It's very weird. So, after 48 years the sub dentist thinks I should get my wisdom teeth out to avoid decay since I'm such a gagger. Well, I'm waiting for a second opinion. Another dentist, who has a procedure for gaggers, like me, will be in Friday and then I'll schedule my appointment after discussing options with him via phone. The hygienist broke my cracked tooth in the back of my mouth while flossing today. Hence the concern about my gag reflex. SMH

Then M came home with a swollen ankle, after falling down the steps at dismissal and rolling her ankle. We took her to the local icare medical clinic and it's sprained. So she is on crutches for the next few days and can't dance for awhile. Always something.

Weather was lovely all day....even in the 70s, but at trick or treat time the rain started. We don't have visitors, so no giving out treats here.

Pam...sounds like you are getting things done.
    Pamela...glad you found some lighter shoes today. Good shoes are important.
    Hi Jessica! HW2, and Deb....and whoever else I missed!
    Cute Lucie!

Take care!

luludou likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Lisa, sorry to hear about Miss M's foot, sprains hurt.

I am home from mum's, did all the things on our list. Set up appointments for the air con guy and the lock smith to fix the front door for tomorrow. The dog groomer will also be here so a full house.
    Dinner tonight is sliders and salad, it has heated up here and is 33c outside which I think is about 91. Hot and windy.

13. MrsSoup

Evening!

Lisa- Sorry to hear about M's ankle! I hope it heals up quickly! I hope the dentist's office is going to pay to repair the cracked tooth since the hygienist broke it.

I made an early dinner and then we all got ready for trick or treating. I put a sign on the door and walked down to our friends house, the kids trick or treated on the way. I headed back and opened up shop. The mosquitos were horrible. I didn't even get rid of my cauldron of candy and still have a bowl full of all the chocolate stuff. We had a good amount of trick or treaters though. Not as many as last year I don't think. Being where we are located on the outside of the neighborhood, we're lucky to get as many as we do.

I got a ton of compliments on my costume from children and adults alike and one mom even had me take a photo with her children. haha The kids all knew who I was and thought I was super cool. It was a good night and I was glad that I stayed home to hand out candy. The kids got a ton of candy while out with DH. DD and I went ahead and took down most of the outside decorations while we were waiting to see if anyone else was going to come. I'll do the rest and the inside stuff tomorrow.

Goodnight!