Book Group Forming: A Christmas Guest

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay since I know how we can dilly dally around with hundreds of book suggestions and no one making a decision...LOL....I decided to propose a book group to read: A Christmas Guest by Anne Perry

This book is one of the whole Christmas novels she writes and although I have never read any of them I looked over at amazon and they seem to have some good reviews. I am suggesting we just jump right in with this one even though it is not the first in the series....partly because it seems readily available and partly because I like the description of the cranky grandma that become more likeable in this novel. Check out the book and its reviews: HERE I am assuming it may be available in local libraires too....haven't had a chance to check mine
yet....or perhaps used book stores.

I am proposing a start date of: July 6th...that should give us plenty of time to get our hands on the book. We will read a certain number of pages per week and discuss the story line and characters....if you read ahead...that's fine but don't spoil anything for us!!! LOL

If you have already read the book....a reread might be in order....at times I discover new things in a reread. Let me know what you think and if you will be joining the book group

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Wonderful idea! I was planning to go to the library tomorrow anyway!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Okay, I just bought my copy online for $4.18 and that includes shipping. Sounds good to me! I'll be done with my current book by then, so I'll be good to go. But I just ordered On Strike for Christmas last week..Hmmm?? What shall I do?

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I will be joining. I will check my local library this week. If I can't find it there, I will order online!

Can't wait!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'll check my library to see if they have it and if not maybe the Columbia library will.

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I can't wait! I haven't read a Christmas book in a long time!!! :party:

add me to the list I can definitely read it while at work, now to find time to get back to the library. Library is on the other side of town and with gas prices these days I don't head that way often like I used to...uggghhh.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm in too. Our local library has the book.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'm in too. Going to check my library this week.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
My library had the book!!! SWEET....I am really trying not to buy books that end up as clutter after I read them....I know...I LOVE books too....but most novels I do not reread.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
My library has it, too. :package: Yay!

I feel you, Gingerbug. It takes a lot for me to buy a book these days -- and I check the library first!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You know, I should too and we spend a ton of time at the library and always have, but when it comes to Christmas books, I'm a sucker....Just another Christmas thing that pulls me in. :help:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Went to my library - and they didn't have the book. I think I may sit this month out as we are trying to save money at this time.

I did however pick up On Strike at Christmas.

Maybe I can locate the next book. This is going to be such fun!

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I can't wait!!

I was in Barnes and Nobles the other day and picked up one of Mary Higgins Clarks...with her daughters Christmas books. It was on the cheap section for 5.98 so I had to get it! It's the one where the Rockafeller tree gets taken...anyway, started it last night and can't wait to get further into it!

I have to check the library for July's book

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Went to the library yesterday and managed to get the book which I was really surprised about, I didn't think they would hav it. I'm sooooo excited, can't wait to get reading.

:haha:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I will call my library today while at work and see if they have it or can order it. Hopefully she can get it, because like several others I have so many books. Mostly craft and cookbooks. I do have several Christmas books that go out in baskets at the holidays.