Brrrr Valentine February 14th 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Feb 14, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Happy Valentine's day! Bitter cold here (-34C with windchill)

valentine.jpg

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. luludou

Diedra - sending positive thoughts for LC1. The shopping with the personal shopper sure looks great.
    Jane - hoping the house is yours quickly and that the paperwork stops.
    Jess - hope they find what is wrong with ds. My son had a side pain for almost 2 years.. they think it was a stone that moved around.
    Debbie - hope dh feels better
    GrammaDeb - so sorry for your dgd! sending positive thoughts for her back
    Sending lots of Healing vibes for all in need.

Did errands after work yesterday, got a mattress cover for dd and a boot tray. We went to walmart's so bought a few food items and dh told me to pick out some flowers I'd like… they so Don't last long! so I chose a small colorful bouquet… I Don't think it's Worth it to pay over 20$ for cut flowers (mine was $5 + 1 bought some chocolate with chili in it). Stopped by another store for curtain rods (Nothing to my liking) and they had nice plants.. should have chose that instead.

Feeling very tired this Morning so no gym and have tons of work to do so will start earlier than usual. Now I need to eat some yogourt & fruits and have a cup of hot tea.

Might stop for groceries on the way home tonight so won't need to go out this weekend. Thought dd was coming but not so sure, she seems to still be sick with the flu.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone. I agree with Lucie Brr it is cold. 18 here but feels like 5. Thankfully DGD. & I are inside. Praying DH doesn't have to do much outside work today. I know he'll be glad when he can retire. DH just called and said it's snowing out at his workplace. All I plan to do today is to stay warm.

Praying for a good day for each one. Enjoy your day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my MHH valentines!

It is so cold here that I had little sleep last night. I just could not get warm. I think our air temp at 5 a.m. Was 6 above. However, the wind chill was MUCH lower. I have no plans to go out today. It is to warm up over the weekend! Thank the Lord. You know what I always say: if God had meant for me to like cold weather, I would have been born an Eskimo or a penguin, and I am neither, thank you very much.

Guess I will just piddle around here today. Maybe that will help me get warm. Who knows? It is too cold to even think. Maybe I will clean up the kitchen just to dirty it up again by baking! Don't get your hopes up, tho. We know how that goes with me.

There are two things I really need for my apartment. A round coffee table (smallish) and a stand of some kind to store my microwave on. The one I had never came downstairs when I moved. Gee, I sure would like to know where all that stuff went!

Ok, I need to put on my big girl stuff and get busy. And I must remember to take ALL my meds today, too, because this weather really messes with my body. It really sucks getting old!

I hope you all have a very happy Valentine's Day filled with lots of love. But PLEASE, stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The ball was great last night. My dress was a little tight where the band is around the bottom of the ribcage so that was uncomfortable and I wore the wrong underwear. :rolleyes: It was a last minute change and they were the kind that go up to your bra basically to help suck you in, well that also meant that they were under that band so if/when I went to the bathroom I would have to attempt to get them back under that band even though my dress wouldn't be unzipped from the back so there wouldn't be any extra space to do so. Talk about a hot mess and impossible. I ended up folding them down after the one time I went to the restroom and then felt like everyone could see it through my dress all night. Still couldn't breathe any better either. o_O I was going to wear my strapless bra but it was too thick so had to go back to the kind that you pull across and stick to either side, hate it! I love the dress but it might be time to sell it and move on. I've gotten great use out of it and now have the green one I bought in November I can wear and wear a real bra with.

We got home about 11:15 or so and I was up at 4:40 and out of bed at 5. I'll go to school this morning but leave by noon I think. They are having a Valentines Party all afternoon and I don't need to be there for that. No instruction or anything going on and I don't want to sit there and watch the kids run wild because that's exactly what she is going to let them do. I'll come home and work on homework that i'm behind on. DH is off today for a 4 day weekend. He works in the morning tomorrow at the college and has the rest of the weekend off.

This evening we are doing a couples paint and sip with our friends. Should be fun! I'll probably make the kids tacos before we leave. I am happy to report that my hair held all night, even with me dancing. Drybar for the win!

Lucie- I'm honestly about to take him to an ER somewhere and tell them we're not leaving until they figure it out and do something about it. I agree with cut flowers, but they are beautiful while they last. I always get cheaper, smaller bouquets as well.
    Tricia- Hope DH is not doing too much and staying warm!
    Pam- It may be something with your firewall or your internet and not their website locking you out if you were able to get in when you were at the bank on your device. Weird that you're missing things from when you moved. Who helped move your stuff?

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Happy Valentine's Day! Dh gave me chocolates, and I gave him Sees bridge mix (his favorite). We went to lunch yesterday to celebrate, at a nice Mexican restaurant (our new favorite).

I'm sitting with neighbor today - she's sleeping. I'm watching old sit-com's on TV...bored bored bored.

Have a nice day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Happy Valentines Day everyone.

Kids all have fevers over 103 and don't want to get out of bed, so no Valentines stuff for us today. Luckilly school was cancelled again so they won't be missing more days. It's been over a week now for DD6 who was the first to get the bug, so hopefully it wanes soon.

Hope everyone has a great Valentines Day.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  8. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. I'm taking myself out to lunch today. :D What a morning! I knew two therapists would be out and had all their appointments covered Then, a third called in because the family was called in for her dad That meant I had to get her appointments and the ones she was covering for covered. The internet went down at one time meaning we couldn't access our software for therapy. When I clocked out for lunch, I realized I didn't clock in this morning! Geesh!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Oh no! You deserve lunch. Have a good one!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's cold here too....20 and a real feel of 10. What a week! Thank goodness it is Friday and we have a 3 day weekend! Woot!

We survived the dance competition. M didn't fair as well as she would have liked for her tap solo, but I hope that she learns a thing or two about how to make it better for the next competition in March. She started her recital solo on Monday. It should be cute.

School is nuts....sigh...but what else is new? It's always so hectic. We had to split a class today, so those kids didn't even get to celebrate in their own room. Admin doesn't plan things well....they are too removed from the classroom. We worked it out and I went to their room and had them pass out their items while the student teacher taught my class. Then they were able to give their items out and have things to take home, as well. In my room, we had an ice cream sundae party. The kids loved it.

Otherwise, all is well. H is waiting to hear from John Deere about this internship. Please send a prayer up for him. Miss M is at track conditioning now and J is picking her up from the "practice". I'm not quite sure how we will wing this during the height of recital season, but we will see.

I got flowers and chocolates for V-day. H is coming home tonight, so we are having a family dinner of heart shaped pizza, chicken fingers (homemade) and whipped frosting topped chocolate cupcakes. I just frosted them when I got home. Then I'll probably fall asleep on the couch. :p I had my 10k steps by the time I got home.

Be blessed....peace, love and blessings to you all!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

School was busy today for sure. The kids were wound and there were a couple behavior problems. I had one of the boys for a bit during Scholastic News and then I had a small group for Math. I had to watch the class and get them back on track during Fractured Fairytales because one boy had a complete meltdown and the teacher had to take him out. Apparently he didn't take his meds this morning so she had to make him take them. This was shortly after school started. We had a lockdown drill too. They were having a 2 hour party this afternoon so I stayed until that was starting and then left.

I came home to a tulip plant and a box of chocolates. DH got DD a different small plant and a box of chocolates too. I picked the kids up candy earlier when I was still at Target but I didn't get DH anything. We are going to Paint and Sip tonight together though. I need a nap, still have a slight headache. Looking forward to the 3 day weekend.

FS- Sorry everyone is still sick. How is your DH doing?
    Jane- Definitely get lunch!
    Lisa- Sorry about M's tap solo. Sending good thoughts for H!
    Hi Deb!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all and Happy Valentines Day.
    Slept well last night and had a sleep in this morning, it is a cooler day here so much nicer.
    Need to do some ironing today, yes, I know I said that yesterday. DS is cleaning the bathrooms so that saves me.
    Dinner will be ham, cheese and tomato croissants so an easy one there.
    Reading through the whats for dinner posts and also looking at a lot of Youtube channels to come up with some ideas on how to use things up and save some dollars.

Better get to that ironing pile:eek:

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Nothing new about LC1. I'll post if I hear anything.

I was up early and set out in below zero weather for the Bakery. They had a ton of items. I picked up some lollypop cupcakes and Eclairs. All gluten free of course. Friend came over with my birthday gifts (last Aug timeframe) and my Christmas gift. I fixed shrimp salad pitas and they eat the cupcakes. I do not like cake or cupcakes so I passed. Then I took DD for a pedicure. After that we headed over to DD friend's house because she wanted to give DD a card and some money for Valentine's Day. Run home from that to fix Fried Chicken and mix up the potato salad. After we ate I helped Dh with the dishes.

Now both dogs are sleeping in my bedroom and I have turned on my electric heating pad. I will snuggle up shortly.

14. luludou

tummy problems this afternoon, but a good work day... got to do ALOT, finally! things are moving along.

stopped for a few groceries on the way home. now doing laundry, dishwasher is going and set up a new puzzle.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just tidied the gift closet and jotted new purchases into my planner, not doing too badly so far. Do not have many gifts but do have some ideas so that helps.
    Really think I am procrastinating so that I don't have to do the ironing. Time to put on a movie and just do it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.