Calendar-Journal Project

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Some of you have mentioned the berry box Calendar Journal idea from Pinterest. I am creating my own version of it...

Please read The Story of the Postcards over at Ginger's Journey.

http://gingersjourney.blogspot.com/

I hope you will enjoy it!

:clothes:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I think the first year won't be as much fun...but every year after will be because you can see what you did the year before etc....

I am going to try using my word a little throughout it too....some days leaving a brief message about how I live my word that day.

:tree:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Love this idea...was considering just a journal/notebook but this is so neat!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I found a neat 3 drawer that I am using. Top drawer has the blank cards, middle sharpies, and when.I write on it ill put it in the bottom. Its small enough to keep on the counter.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I love this idea, Ginger! I was thinking of using one of those photo boxes from the craft stores for mine. I already have a couple of those around. I got some of those craft a day origami and kirigami calendars at Joann's but was never really planning on using them as a calendar. I could put the completed snowflakes, flowers, etc from my calendars in the box along with journaling, handmade cards, projects, doodling etc. I really like this box journal thing. Thanks for sharing. :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Great idea with the origami

I still want to find some lace like trim (paper) to add to the bottom part of the front of the index dividers but I can wait until I get to a craft store as the cards etc are useable...to start making entries...but here's another little plus I discovered...of the way I made the dividers....accidently happened but it works!!

The way I stapled the entenders on to make the dividers taller...created little pockets...I had a small left over part of the index cards that looked like little lists. (I didn't cut my cards in half because my wooden box is bigger but I still need to trim a portion of the card. I kep these because I figured they would come in handy...Then I got the idea to make little lists for each month....at least two..one where I could record books I read...and the other my Topics to explore list for writing and creating...:) They slip nicely into the back pocket of the divider cards...:)

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Interesting idea!