CC 2014 - Get Organized Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Anyone following CC this year? By this point I'm ready for all the help/reminders I can get - so I typically follow both it and the HGP as best I can...

Didn't see a post for week 1 so I thought I'd throw one out here :)

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/christmas-countdown/get-organized-week

Christmas Countdown Week 1: Oct. 26 - Nov. 1, 2014

To Do This Week:

[ ] Follow the daily Countdown messages on the Web at Organized Christmas, on Twitter, or on Facebook.

[ ] Make the promise! Spend 15 minutes each day this week to get organized for Christmas.

[ ]Get comfortable for holiday planning--create a Christmas planning center in a cozy corner, desk or table.

[ ]Begin to assemble a Christmas planner, using a notebook or three-ring binder.
Decorate your planner! If you're using a clear pocket binder, print the Countdown planner cover and spine pages and insert into binder pockets. Get inspired to create a pretty notebook with Christmas planner tours and tutorials from Christmas Planner.

[ ]Add blank lined pages for any notes and records.

[ ]Print the Countdown plan calendar, and add it to your Christmas planner.

[ ]Print and post a family holiday calendar.

[ ] Values check! Review your family's holiday values privately, then a second time with family members. Print two copies of the Holiday Values Worksheet and record your findings.

[ ]Gift-buying looms! Start a master gift list. Print the master gift list and add it to your Christmas planner to record purchases and home-made gift items.

[ ]Begin a Christmas card list. Locate addresses, and consider making a computerized Christmas card address list for maximum time savings. Or, print a Christmas card list for your Christmas planner notebook.

[ ]Print a home spruce-up worksheet and complete the holiday home spruce-up exercise.

[ ]Schedule any pre-holiday home improvement projects.

[ ]Will your family travel this holiday season? Make travel plans and reservations this week.

[ ]Will you host houseguests this year? Make arrangements for any overnight guests.

[ ]Make an appointment for family photo sessions for holiday giving or photo Christmas cards.

[ ]Schedule carpet cleaning now! As the holidays approach, business picks up. Call now for your choice of appointment times.

[ ]Declutter tabletops and public rooms before you decorate.

[ ]If you haven't done so already, decorate for Halloween or Harvest celebrations.