Celebrate Me 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
For my two daughters in 2018, I bought each of them a little celebrate me gift each month and gave it to them on their birth dates....21st and 24th. Of course, they loved it...who doesn't like getting a little surprise. We also did the 24 Days of Christmas gifts.

This year I will look for items after Christmas on sale and throughout the year. I think I will look for little items for myself and wrap them up and put them in a grab bag. Then on my Celebrate Me Day or during December 2019 I will pick one out to celebrate. By the time I open them, I will have forgotten what I bought! LOL

Years ago on the old Organized Christmas Boards, some people did this for their stocking. My family does pretty well with stocking stuffers and since I pick up little things here and there I might as well turn it into a celebrate me tradition.

I hope to share some of my finds here in this thread. It's just a reminder to take care of ourselves. As caregivers, we often forget about ourselves or put ourselves last. Celebrate me is about recognizing that you need little surprises and fun things in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of life.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I fill my own stocking with little gifts I buy throughout the year. This year was thinking something Christmas related in a box for Rudy days... a small gift for each one, so I'll be on the lookout for ideas and Chrismtas sales too

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I like the whole celebrate me idea. My birthday is the 30th of the month. Really should not be that hard to do something kind for ourselves. Even something small like take a bubble bath would be nice. I think I will add these days to my planner.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am brewing a different flavored coffee each month. I thought that would be nice way to celebrate me and test something out before buying some more and giving it away.

January - Candy Cane
February - Chocolate Raspberry

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Lets us knoiw what you are trying and how you like it!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
thinking of ways to spend my celebrate me day for this month. It is still frightfully hot here, I am wondering if a spa pedicure might be nice. Soak the weary feet.