Celebrate Me 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I decided on the 5th of each month I will order take out pizza from my favorite place for dinner.
What a great idea. On the 30th of the month I will do something nice for myself.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I just put a message in my phone calendar to remind me because I know how forgetful I am about this ME stuff. One message on the fourth to remind me that tomorrow is Take Out Pizza day. And one message on the 5th at 8:30am to remind me to order the pizza.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I just put a message in my phone calendar to remind me because I know how forgetful I am about this ME stuff. One message on the fourth to remind me that tomorrow is Take Out Pizza day. And one message on the 5th at 8:30am to remind me to order the pizza.
Funny that we have to remind ourselves to do something nice just for us.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Something that I've been thinking about doing for well over 3 years now is getting a blender that could really do a nice job with blending fruits and vegetables for smoothies and cream of ____ soups. Well, after my annual well visit to the doctor a few weeks back, I decided it was time to get one. I've replaced my breakfast bowl of oatmeal with a green smoothie. I'll try the soups in the fall.

I also bought an online subscription to one of the geeky things that I like to do and which I've been thinking about for a couple of years now. I immersed myself into the program for most of the weekend. I've decided to do a full day or more immersion more often in the future. It was so enjoyable for me.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done Mary, glad that you have done a few things for yourself. I read that self care is not being selfish and we should all do it more often.
Something simple like reading a book in a bubble bath, or drinking a green smoothie in the morning is all it takes to refill our souls and be ready to go again.