Celebrate Me Day 2018 Monthly Themes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hi all,

From this post from Ginger ...
Celebrate Me 2012 Monthly Themes
https://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/threads/celebrate-me-2012-monthly-themes.27244/

I thought I'd start this thread for 2018. :)

Don't forget to celebrate on your birth date each month :D
Here are some topics for your Celebrate Me Days:
January: Promises Month (Spend some time on your word for the year and other reflections for the year)
February: Face Month (Get a facial, buy new makeup, cleanser, or lotion)
March: Lucky Charms Month (treat yourself to some jewelry)
April: Inner Me Month (Make a self collage, start a journal or write a letter to yourself, find an inspirational book to enjoy)
May: Hair Month (Get an hot oil treatment, buy new shampoo or conditioner, splurge a bit)
June: Something for Me Month (Buy a little treat...a new purse, a beach tote, new sandels)
July: A Day to Myself Month (Spend a day to yourself, browse shops, walk in the park, take yourself for a nice lunch)
August: Happy Feet Month (Get a pedicure, new nail polish, soak your feet or get a foot massage)
September: Perfume Month (buy new perfume or body spray, enjoy some new body wash or a bubble bath)
October: It's Soundtrack of My Life Month (Make a list of songs of your life, burn a CD of them or purchase a favorite CD etc)
November: Pretty Hands Month (Get a manicure or buy new lotion, trim your nails and pamper your hands)
December: Christmas Gift Month (Buy yourself a small Christmas gift, wrap, and place it under the tree...something you will LOVE)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I put a reminder on my phone for the 19th of every month and this past January 19 ... I did more crocheting and enjoyed some ME time. Crocheting is my therapy. ;)

And since ... January: Promises Month (Spend some time on your word for the year and other reflections for the year) ... I contemplated my word 'basic', I feel like I got back to basics when I chose to do a little something more for ME that day. To keep my grounding and sanity. :)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The more I see things like this posted the more I think it is a great idea to celebrate us and this is a great list.
My birthday is the 30th of this month and I will be working. But I will take the time to celebrate little things each month of the year......we all deserve it.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I don't celebrate every month, but yesterday was my UN-Birthday..haha...My brother called to sing me Happy Un-Birthday. He's so good at remember and sad that we NEVER remember his.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I want to do this but just don't know that I can. I have not celebrated my birthday for the last 4 years. My wonderful, so missed DH died on my birthday. I just have not found it in me that it is a day to celebrate.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Doodlebug - Use that day to cherish the memories of DH and your time together.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I want to do this but just don't know that I can. I have not celebrated my birthday for the last 4 years. My wonderful, so missed DH died on my birthday. I just have not found it in me that it is a day to celebrate.

How did he celebrate your Birthday?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I get it, Doodlebug. And it's ok. Everyone grieves differently and has their own mourning period. Give yourself time to grieve but also remember the good times.

Over thirty some years ago, I was widowed at 22. My high school sweetheart. A motor cycle accident. We were only married a little over 2 years, but we met when I was 14. He was in the army, so we weren't even living near our home town. His birthday, our anniversary, and the date of his accident still bring those pains to my heart. But God is faithful and near in times of trouble and I cast my cares on Him. Years later, I liked to read over Psalm 23 on those days for comfort. I pray that you will find peace, joy, and comfort in this life until you all meet again someday.

For me, in time I found healing and help with friends and family and eventually met my current husband and we have DD25 and DS14.

Blessings ...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
jampss, so sorry to hear of your loss at such a young age.
Doodlebug, my thoughts are with you