Checking in for the first time in a long time...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Carson was born at 10:43 pm on Tuesday April 12 via Ceasarean after 5 days of early labor, over 27 hours of active labor, Pitocin and Cerdavil to augment, meconium in broken waters, 2 failed epidurals, 2 attempts at pushing and the discovery that he was occiput posterior (upside down) after 2 months facing the correct way. I spontaneously developed chorioamnionitis (discovered only once the uterus was open) after my water broke, which passed to baby, causing blood infection. The Ceasarean went relatively well but the baby made no sound for 2 minutes after birth. Carson had a small hole in his lung (now closed), had ingested and swallowed meconium, and was borderline jaundice. He had a spinal tap to rule out meningitis (negative) and was on an oxygen hood, EKG, pulse oximetry, IV antibiotics and fluids, and a tube to empty fluid from the gut and has been recovering in Special Care. DH was able to hold him once stable in the OR but I had to wait 23 hours, until he had stepped down to a nasal cannula and my fever had dropped. He did not feed at all for 36 hours but is well on schedule now. He was treated in the hospital for 10 days (starting Wednesday April 13) with antibiotics for the sepsis. I was discharged Friday April 15 at about 1:30 and boarded with him in the NICU til he was released. At birth, he weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces and was 19.5 inches long.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Wow sounds like a lot of trama, so sorry there was so much involved in it. However I am so happy that you are now home w/ a healthy wonderful baby. Congrats to you and the family.

I love the name Carson :)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Brittany,
I am sorry you had such a hard time. It sounds like little Carson is a fighter! I am sending prayers and hugs your way. It must feel so good to be home with him at last. Hang in there and know that your friends at MHH are here for you!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
MissBritanny I understand your pain...I had a hard time having my 1st child too, but what counts now is that Carson is healthy and thriving.

Enjoy your new family!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh my gosh MissBrittany. I am so glad this has improved and both of you are home. Know that you and Carlson are prayed about daily.

I would question why the OB doctor did not notice Carlson was not in correct position for birth until there were problems. When I worked L&D (many many years ago), as a nurse, when I would check a patient I could feel if baby was in the correct position.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Brittany, praise the Lord for you and your baby! Carson will grow up to be a big, healthy, wonderful young man. You have been thru a lot, but the best is yet to come. God bless you and your little family, and congratulations!!! I'm so very happy for you! Another MHH baby for us to love!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Amen

PTL all is well now!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Congrats Brittany! I'm so glad that both you and Carson are home and healthy.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Brittany, so glad to see your post! Knew Carson had to be here by now. I am so very glad that all is okay now. :) Very scary with a baby. Jaymee stayed a week after she was born. Hope you are resting well. Going to your blog now to see if pictures are posted or not. Congrats to you and the new daddy!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Brittany, congratulations on Carson! What a journey you have already with this little new man in your life! So glad to hear that you are home and both of you are doing well.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Thank you ladies. Things were rough for a bit but we are all doing much better now. I'll be sure to post some pics on my blog soon, and to keep you all updated. :)

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Brittany~he is just precious! I love how you can see his personality coming through in the 2 month picture. Congrats again!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You are so blessed. I love him in the basket. Great idea for a photo shoot.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
What a beautiful baby. So glad that you and Carson are doing well.

Debbie

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
MissBrittany, soo glad to hear u both r well now.. Pics are awesome.. have one with my first born in a basket.. they make great pics... He is such a doll.....sooo good to be back in MHH, as I have been mia for months...
God bless, DawnSu