Chilly Thursday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Dec 27, 2018.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all

2. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning Faye and all others! It is sunny and AccuWeather assures us that our temperatures are normal for this time of year:) Waiting for rain tomorrow.

I'm working on putting stuff away and finding places for new stuff. I also took 2 naps which is unusual for me but I guess I needed them. Today will be more of the same and hopefully I'll make tons of progress. I'm wondering if it will be worth it to try and hit some of the stores ...

Had leftovers last night - leftover biscuits and gravy for breakfast today and probably a chicken pot pie with the leftover chicken tonight.

So glad that everyone is pleased with their gifts and their celebrations.

Talk to you all later!

3. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!!

Debbie-- enjoy your naps.

I have had a leisure morning. I finished an embroidery project and set up to finish another one. I had all these unfinished kitchen towels in a storage box. Now I can use them in my kitchen.

I am starting to take my Christmas decorations down slowly. I want to go through my Christmas boxes today and get rid of the stuff that I don't use and make room for some new stuff. I would love to get some vintage Christmas ornaments at the flea market.

I am on a reading kick. I read almost an entire book last night. I am anxious to start another one. Gotta get my housework done first.

Hope everyone has a great day. This week has really flown by. Almost the weekend.

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DS is on the plane and waiting for take-off. I have been looking on Barnes and Noble all morning so far. I have a few clearance items in my cart and am looking for a book for January. I also have a new calendar in there. DH brought home donuts for breakfast.

I have a massage scheduled in a couple hours and then i'm not sure what i'll do the rest of the day. I do know i'm going to run Alice, my new Neato, so she can map the house and so I can set the No-Go lines. We'll have to map again after the trees are put away. I want to steam mop after she vacuums. I also want to spend some time in my new chair on the front porch. I need to run to the PX and pickup pot/pan liners so I can put my new cookware in the cabinets after I reorganize them so they can fit.

Hi Faye!
    Debbie- Two naps sound nice! I may be joining you later.
    Carrie- Good for you for finishing some projects and books!

Enjoy your day!

5. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I'm taking the day off. It was a busy day yesterday, and when I first got out of bed, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to function. Every joint in my body was hurting. I've already taken Advil at 4:30 this morning. Third load of laundry is going (small loads). DH is cooking lunch.

I think we got everything yesterday that DD21 needs to take with her to California for her internship....one thing, but can't remember what. I looked at some of the Christmas stuff, but didn't buy anything. I'm pretty well set with wrapping paper and bows. I'll need name tags, but honestly, I was not overly impressed with any of the wrapping supply designs this year and am hoping for better next year. My plan is to make my own name tags next year since I'll be retired.

The brother of a man in our church was found dead in his bathroom yesterday morning. There were four brothers, and I taught all four of them. He was only early 40s. Our Sunday school class dropped off food today for lunch.

DH is meeting DD26 and DSIL at the movies at 4:00 this afternoon. I'm going with DD21 to her college house for us to get some of her clothes and shoes.

Hi, Faye. I hope it's not too crazy at work today! I bet a lot of people are eating out and shopping.
    Hi, Debbie, I guess I joined you on at least one nap. Woke up at 2:45 and went back to sleep around 5:00. Got back up at 6:15. Sometimes, we just have to give in!
    Jessica, I hope Samuel has a safe trip to his dad's. Boy, that will be a big weather change!
    Carrie, I laughed about the reading kick. When I start reading a good book, I do not want to put it down until I finish. Happy reading!!

Later, everyone. I hope what's left of your day is a good one!

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon!

Oh my word! This day has flown by. I went to Target for my scrips, and they were not ready. So I looked around a bit. Went to pay for them, and my money was not in my wallet. I know I put it in there yesterday! I know I did! I am so upset, because I cannot find it! I switched wallets and purses yesterday, and I always get everything out of the old and put it in the new. Luckily, I had $$ in my checking account. I am so stressed out! I need to get busy on the sewing. Not in the mood.

I took yesterday off, Jane. I still have a few kitchen things to wash up. Mostly pots. And I have had 2 naps as well. I slept fantastically, too. About 8 or 9 hours and didn't wake up at all. Boy, was I happy when I woke up!

It has been raining all day. And will into tomorrow. This weather is really messing with this old body! I am SO ready for spring! Here's wishing a good rest of the day to you!

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    DH has gone to the farm to check on it and water the trees, this heat knocks them around a bit.
    DS is at work, it will be quiet there today.
    I have a load of washing in the machine and am starting to pull down Christmas. Makes me sad but I would like to have the house in order before going back to work on the 2nd.
    I am heading to the mall today, I want to buy some fabric to make a santa sack for myself. I will need a few other things. I will see if there are any bargains left and if I get time I will get my nails done.
    Need to decide what to do for NYE. DD will have friends over at her house so it might mean DH,DS and I go to my mum's or have them here. Not sure yet.

Better get the day started, it will be 38c today so another hot one.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

My massage was okay. She was a bit rough on my shoulders and spent a lot of time on my back. She asked me in the beginning if I wanted her to focus on trouble spots or just do more of a relaxing massage, I said relaxing. I think she decided differently because she definitely focused more on trouble spots and it was not nearly as relaxing as I hoped it would be. I was sore the second I got up from the table. My face was all puffy from laying face down, I could feel that it was swollen. haha I have a cold I think so probably not the best time to be face down on a table like that. Anyway, I thought DH had just done a 6 month membership, turns out it is a year, he just paid for 6 months so it will renew for the second half next month. :rolleyes: I was not counting on that expense and i'm wondering if he realized when he did it. I'll ask him when he gets home. There's nothing we can do about it. Guess i'll try out a stretch session and stick with facials because i'm not caring for the way they massage here.

I think I might take a nap before DH gets home since he will be working later than he should be given it's a half day schedule and he should already be home. I'm not really hungry for lunch yet, the massage made me feel not all that great.

9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

LC1 was here with DD today so Dh and I headed out with both cars. Took my car to the dealership on the other side of the Twin Cities. Almost an hour drive there. They are doing a remodel job so the place was a mess. They had a tent set up to drop off the car but it was lined up with about 8 cars so Dh had to park in the parking lot which was flooded since it was pouring down rain. We had a little wait to get checked in but enough to get upset. And we dropped the car off a day early so I was prepared to wait.

On the way home we decided to stop at a new CostCo. Not that we needed anything. Dh had to buy two huge packs of light bulbs that were 99 cents each. I told him they weren't t the kind we use but he had to get them. Now we have two packs for either GoodWill or a yard sale. These bulbs are very yellow and we switched out bulbs out a year ago to white daylight which we like a lot. Also found several bags of snacks that were gluten free.

I went to Walmart once we were home for gift bags since they were on sale. Good thing I went I doubt they have any bags left now. The shelves are getting bare there.

Tomorrow all the rain we are having should turn to icy as the temps drop overnight. It was almost 50F/10C today. That why we took the car in today. I won't drive on ice.

Wishing all a good night.

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! sore throat all night and hot flashes but got up late at 7:45. vaccumed basement, paid bills, cleared entry closet, washed jenna-air. dh worked in bathroom. went to groceries tonight, picked up mail, went to pharmacy (got some tylenol for flu), dh had to go to bank.
    Diedra, lol you had me laughing with those lights :)

Night

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,
    Home from the mall, got a few things which make for a good start to the gift closet for next year. I think I have at least one thing in everyones boxes so you can't beat that. Crowded at the mall but I think it was people escaping the heat more that anything else.
    Have had some lunch and am going to go to a friends house for coffee. It means I will have a full day tomorrow to tidy as today is a bust.

Speak soon.