Christmas 2014 Gift Report!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Anyone have any stories to share about some of those great gift moments? Where you see the faces light up?

Whether it was something you made or just finding the perfect gift match for that person?

Also, what was a gift you were most excited about receiving this year?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My daughter's flag themed purse was a hit. She just laughed and laughed, because she calls herself such a NERD. All morning we were teasing about it being an "AMERICA" kind of Christmas, because we had so many different things in that realm, so it was perfect keeping that gift for last. I got some great pics of her laughing too.

My husband was so excited about his gifts, he had his new TV and chair put together and up in his office within hours. I was like man, if I could get him to work on the rest of the house projects that quick, my to do list would be NULL and VOID.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My face lite up when I received my carving of my Dad. Jimmy Miller is a young high school senior who has been carving figures for the last few years. I have several of his works.

Two years ago I talked to him about carving a likeness of my Dad who died in 2010. When i was cleaning out my emails I found his address so I wrote asking if he was still interested in the project. He said he was sorry he forgot but would not be able to get to it until after the holidays. His mother stopped by right before Christmas with the carving for me. I posted a photo on FB.

The other great gift was my Dh's new computer. He's says something about how fast it is almost every day. His old one was my 10 yr old one so it was a big improvement.

DS received a Santa cookie jar I purchased when he was one. He remembered it from growing up and said he would treasure it.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
DS loves his new cricket bat. It is a soft style bat suitable for the beach. Funnily enough he was not even supposed to get one. He was with me just before Christmas and we walked past them in a store. He is usually not one to stop and really show interest in things but this time he did.
I went back to the store later- told him I had to go get milk! Waited til he was engrossed in a movie and would not want to come with me. Grabbed the bat- and hit it in the car.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
DH gave me the Kitchen Aid mixer I asked for!

I gave him a Yeti cooler, which totally took him by surprise!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
At 5 years old, DGD surprised me by being more excited about gifts she gave people than ones she received. She was the most excited when DH was opening his gift from her. It was a Curious George DVD she picked out herself, with popcorn and a popcorn recipe book. She wanted to watch the DVD with DH and eat popcorn and was beside herself with excitement! They were finally able to complete the experience a couple days after Christmas. It was marvelous! I couldn't believe how patient she was when we had to keep putting her off due to time restraints.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Everybody seemed to like their gifts. Jaymee (DD) was so surprised at the Grab and Go (originally 69 got for 19.99) from Joanns and excited. I was thinking she really doesn't want this but.... Also got her a postage meter scale for her hobby so she can weigh stuff at home. (makes bows and baby items)

DSIL was surprised at his meat containers and the blanket and pillow. He works at the ambulance part time and said he froze when he did and overnight on Tues. and Allen was shopping Wed. a.m. so told him to pick it up.

Teigan liked the cozy coupe.

I got a new hand mixer, other items but a Hobby Lobby gift card too.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Miss Jane, I got my kitchen aid mixer as well and did my own little mixer dance... ;) Especially when it was the right color!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I gave my niece and nephew A magic Santa key.... that morning they had just mentionned to their stepmom that they were wondering how Santa was going to get in the house. However their gifts were already under the tree, so my brother had to go buy 2 new gifts from SANTA and do as if Santa had used the key. It was funny!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was very spoiled, got 4 pandora charms, made me very happy.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
lucie, that is fun. We had a santa key when my daughter was little too. It's still sitting on the shelf, waiting for that conversation with the grandkids someday.