Christmas 2019

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by housewife2, Feb 23, 2019.

1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel too. I hit the Christmas season with gifts and stockings wrapped, treats and food ready to go and feeling very relaxed and stress free. I wouldn't have it any other way.

2. sweetpumkinpye

Mary, You could always try the CIJ get together this year and see how it goes. If you and the rest of the family miss the Christmas Eve get together you could always go back to it.
    I think a Summer get together sounds like a lot of fun, you could play games and eat great food and just sit and relax without heading off to mass etc.
    Let us know what you decide.

Ahorsesoul, Holiday_Mom and Minta like this.
  3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

277 days till christmas yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my kids thinks im nuts but they loved getting presents

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. sweetpumkinpye

Faye, there is a lot of eye rolling in my house too but over all the whole family love Christmas....

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Rose94

Rose94 Active Member

Thankfully there isn’t to much eye rolling in my house but than again it’s mainly DH and me, alone with youngest son who seems to only appears for meals. In college with a heavy school work load. Thankfully DH loves Christmas as much as I do and mention a few weeks ago how he is going to miss helping to shop for toys in a few years. Grandchildren are starting to become grandteens.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Rose, I have to get DS and DDIL to help me with ideas for DGSs now that they are getting older. I try to buy things for hobbies/sports they are involved in or favorite player/sports team they have. It can be a real brain workout sometimes!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

A great gift idea for the older kids is to give them an experience they will remember for a long time - concert or a sporting event tickets, a membership to a museum or zoo or other such place that they enjoy.

GrammaDeb and Holiday_Mom like this.
  8. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest this too. Another thing my teen children enjoy are the lunches out with their grandparents, doing an activity with them, or receiving gift cards to to clothing stores or restaurants that the they like.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

I agree with the gift of spending time with the grandkids.
    May I also suggest a gift from the grandparents that the kids can keep. If Grandma or Grandpa do a hobby such as knitting or wood work it would be nice to have a sample of their handiwork to pass on to the grandkids.
    Maybe grandma could write a recipe book or her memories of the grandkids so that the kids have a sample of her handwriting and a book of her memories.
    My kids would cherish these gifts.

Holiday_Mom and GrammaDeb like this.
  10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

8 mths christmas will be here . cant wait to decorate cook and have family. always a festive time of year

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  11. sweetpumkinpye

I am counting down the days too Faye. It seems such a long time to go but I know that it will be here before we know it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

Mary, I've hosted several CIJ parties and we've had a blast. I've posted this before, but we have theme parties. Some of the themes we've done are silly Christmas hats or headbands, a Hawaiian Christmas, and our favorite was a Mad Men theme. Each had food appropriate to the party and honestly I've not had it the past few years because my daughters grown and out of state, but my friends still ask me EVERY year if we are doing it. I do only invite the people that will appreciate it though for sure. No Bah hum bugs!

But if it's the ONLY time the siblings get together than that's definitely something to take into consideration.

I've also done a CIJ scrapbook party with my friends...that was SUPER fun. I've only done it once because I've never been able to get everyone back together again for that, but I'd do it over in a heart beat.

sweetpumkinpye and Holiday_Mom like this.