Christmas in July 2014

Discussion in 'Forum Rules, Announcements & FAQ' started by Gingerbug, May 25, 2014.

1. Gingerbug

Gingerbug Administrator

Christmas in July will officially start on July 1st! (of course). I will be gone from June 10-June 25th BUT before I leave I will open up the Christmas in July forums so you can enjoy reading some of the old posts and activities from past years.

The theme for 2014 is A Magical Christmas 2014. Each week will have a smaller theme (focus) to go along with it but I am still pondering how those might work. If you have an idea for a weekly theme please feel free to post it here in this thread.

I hope I am at a better point this year to direct the Christmas in July as last year I didn't get to spend as much time working on it as I would have liked due to family, trips, etc.

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

As always, looking forward to CIJ!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I love CIJ!!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Yay!!! I'm READY :) My CIJ blogposts are all done and scheduled, ready to go

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I love CIJ, too. I may not always participate, but love to read about it!

6. festivefun

festivefun Member

Wow! That's impressive :elf:

7. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to CIJ this year. It's going to be a busy month for me as I will be on trips 2 weeks, but I hope to try some new breakfast recipes for Christmas morning that month. Since we stay in houses/condos, I can try them out then.

I'm also looking forward to the ornament swap. How great to get to celebrate Christmas in July with new ornaments!

I always have big plans for beautiful wrappings and fail miserably, even though I wrap ahead. I need to work on getting what I need earlier. So, that being said, I will work on that in July, too.

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

MissJane - what a great idea! I always say I want to try new breakfasts for Christmas. Thanks for the reminder

9. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

July will be busy for me as my birthday is in that month and I always go away. But that won't stop me from checking in from time to time what everyone's doing and possibly find some great ideas for you ladies and gentlemen. ;)

10. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Love CIJ ...

That is when I really focus on my gift and baking lists. For my baking list I start to finalize what we will be baking this year, the ingredients needed and dates the baking will be done.

A couple months ago I bought 10 puzzle pack that was clearance and they are all Christmas Themed. I figured CIJ would be a perfect time to start assembling and gluing them together and placing them in frames to be hung around the house come Christmas time.

of course cant wait for the Christmas movies on Hallmark duing CIJ and QVC's CIJ specials.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  11. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Active Member

Minta-CIJ puzzles sound like a great idea!

I don't do a lot of scheduling/planning in CiJ but I also love the movies and TV shows it's a great change of pace.
    I always look forward to it.

12. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I've schedule the 25th off in July for a full day celebration! Planning to visit a girlfriend and test out some recipes, listen to carols and maybe watch some QVC CIJ if they have it on :)

13. snowlvr

snowlvr Active Member

Can't believe we are almost ready for CiJ! Bring it on!

14. AnnieClaus

AnnieClaus Active Member

Love CIJ.

Will do my family CIJ dinner where for me it's a Christmas dinner but I do not tell them that.

Just want to shine the spirit of Christmas from within me onto them so they feel it without it having to be said.

:tree2:

15. Just love CIJ..i have booked the day of work so i don't miss a thing...QVC have a fantastic show every year...Soo excited its only a few weeks away now:smilegift:

16. Colleen in PA

Colleen in PA New Member

Well said, Annie! I am looking forward to CiJ as well. I will be away the first 2 weeks of July, but I'm bringing my planner with me and mailing my CiJ boxes this Wednesday...better early than late! ;)

17. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I do have our CIJ dinner planned. I decided to do it on Sunday the 27th though, instead of that Friday. Most could make it, but I think that will give me more time to just focus and enjoy it, without worrying about work. So far, I'm going to make a crock pot ham and some kind of "fluff/fruit" salad. Maybe a small baked potato bar to go with that. All that will keep the kitchen cooler too.

I think the pre planning for baking is a great idea. I said, my number one priority this year is having my menu chose BEFORE the holidays come, so I don't have any last minute decisions and can prep. It's a huge weakness area for me and I'd like to break that habit. I just need to think that anything that crosses my bath in magazines, books, pinterest and such over Christmas, can wait till next year.