Christmas in July 2018 - Day Eleven

Discussion in 'Christmas in July' started by PamelaG, Jul 11, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Outdoor Decorating - Doors.

Minta likes this.
  2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We have a full glass in our front door so I seldom do anything for the door. Now with a 3yr old grandson I will put those clingy decorations on it. I have a pair of skates I hang from the light next to the door or on the deck support.

GrammaDeb and Minta like this.
  3. Andthenjust

Andthenjust New Member

I would love to hang wreaths on my doors, but I'm apprehensive due to any damage they may do (live in a rented house). Does anyone have suggestions on this area of decorating with minimal drilling/nails?

Minta likes this.
  4. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

I have a pair of wood candy canes with a bow that I hang on the front door and have lighted garland that go around the front doorway.

5. Minta

Command hooks ... Hooks with a stick adhesive back.

6. Andthenjust

Andthenjust New Member

I'll try and find some strong enough, the candy canes sound great

Minta likes this.
  7. Minta

They sell some heavy duty ones that will hold a wreath.

8. Andthenjust

Andthenjust New Member

Do you all have fresh wreaths? Or do you have artificial ones? Or both! I always aspire to have a beautifully decorated home for Christmas, but only end up with a couple of rooms done. I'm a novice in this.

9. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

I have a giant deco mesh wreath I put on the storm door but I'm ready to find something different. The side door I hung a Mickey shaped wreath with lights. Not sure 8f I'll put it back or leave it hanging inside (where it is now lol)

10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Upside down Command hooks on the back of the door. The wreath ribbon/string/cord will then go up and over the doorway and your wreath will hang from that. Another alternative is a wreath hanger - they make them pretty thin these days, plastic or metal.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  11. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

We do outside floods red and green on the house. I have an old sled with a wreath I made hanging on it that leans on the porch by the front door. Easy to set up, take down and store.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  12. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

my daughter makes wreaths for my doors. i put little lights around the porch. i have standing lighted deer next to the porch

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I stand the kids runner sled on the porch and hang a wreath on it and set a lantern near . I also swag garland across the porch rail and have large snowflakes and silver ribbon hanging from it. I also have a grapevine wreath with Christmas drcor and large twig angel I hang with command strips on each sIde of the picture window. I wish I had take a picture of it.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  14. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

I have use an artificial wreath with on the front door. I use a metal over the door wreath holder on our front door. It's great for rentals since it leaves no nail marks.