Christmas in July 2018 - Day Five

Discussion in 'Christmas in July' started by PamelaG, Jul 6, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Tablescapes. Do you have Christmas dishes? Do you use them for just Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day or all month?

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Nope no Christmas dishes (a few trays but that's it). However I would like to find these 'Twas the night before Christmas... christmas-dishes-christmas-kitchen.jpg

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

I think today is day 6

I do have Christmas dishes I swap out with my regular ones. I used to have poinsettia ones (and still do in storage) eventually I switched to snowman dishes that I keep out past Christmas.

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Cathymac2, GrammaDeb and luludou like this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Cathymac2 and luludou like this.
  6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Lucie I like the dishes.
    Shannon, Snowmen

I have these salad plates with these mugs. I change them out at the beginning of December and can stay out for the winter season. I have burgundy dinner plates I added to the set. The kitchen is decorated with a snowman theme.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

I once saw a wonderful set of Hanukkah dishes but didn't buy them and still kick myself for it!.

I try to pick up odds and ends when I see them but have never seen a full set again. They would be good for at least 8 days;) in December.

For other holiday plates I mainly use paper. I do have some platters, table runners and tablecloths for both holidays

Cathymac2 likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Replacements has really good prices but don't ship here.. oh well, I'll keep looking! one day ....

Cathymac2 likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

I always wanted special holiday dishes; but we almost always used paper & plastic (red & green) for easy cleanup.

Cathymac2 likes this.
  10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I have Pfaltzgraff Winterberry dishes. I display them in the hutch during December and January. I use them for any entertaining during the holiday season. We use the glassware regularly during the holidays, but I usually save the plates and serving pieces for entertaining. I've been collecting for years and haven't tired of them yet.

Cathymac2 and GrammaDeb like this.
  11. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Active Member

I have Nikko Classic Christmas. I use them from the Monday after Thanksgiving until Christmas day. Then I switch to snowman dishes. I have a blue and white set and a green set. I mix them with my every day white dishes when we have company. I have napkins that match the Christmas dishes. Since I don't really care for the "matchy matchy" look, I use the dishes with red bandanas for napkins and then use the Christmas motif napkins with white dishes to switch things up some.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Lisa, I just looked up your dishes and they are beautiful. I know why you haven't tired of them.

Cathymac2 and teachermomof2 like this.
  13. Fuchsia

Fuchsia New Member

I have poinsettia dishes that I use all of December, but I only have enough for 4. My regular dishes are plain white, so easy to dress up with colourful napkins, chargers, etc.

14. Rose94

Rose94 Member

I have a set of Christmas dishes that are red with reindeer. We use them throughout December and into the first week of January.

PamelaG and GrammaDeb like this.