Christmas in July 2018 - Day Fourteen

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Lighting - are you Team All-White or Team Multi-Colored?

Reactions: Minta

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
On the outside, we're both. The perimeter of the house is outlined in white and the bushes are multi-colored. Inside, we're white.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I prefer colors - DH likes white. We trade off every year. My colored lights with candies, toys & colored balls - his white lights with angels and white balls. We hung white icycle lights around the house until the dog (great dane puppy) ripped them off and dragged them around the yard.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Both but more of multi then the white. Outside color lights in the garland, color c9 bulbs that line the bottom of the porch and around the garage, more color c9 bulbs along the fence and the shed. White icicle lights on the roof.

Inside most of the trees are color bulbs with a couple small pencil trees that are white lights. This yer I do want to wrap and strand of white lights around the inside of the tree. All but 1 of the inside garland has color lights.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I prefer white....but usually have multicolored on the tree.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
White upstairs for family tree and colored downstairs for the Disney tree. The outside of my house has colored, because I invested when LED came out, but honestly some years I think about going back to white. I guess this is where I need TWO houses. One with fun, festive colors and one fancy, proper home with white lights and wreaths on all the windows and a wrap around porch..haha..I'll keep amusing myself. For years until my mid 20's I insisted on only doing Red, White and Green lights. Even then I loved Christmas. One time i won a bunch of money on the radio station and the first thing I did was go buy Christmas lights for the house I lived in. It wasn't even my house, I just lived in the basement, but I wanted lights. My problem is I see so many combos I can't ever decide what I like best. I like houses that are all blue too.

Reactions: Minta and Cathymac2

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Love them both! Depends on where I am putting them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm on the all white team but I would love to have gold lights.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Trees are multi colored lights on top of a base of white lights I put closer to the trunk. All other decor inside is typically white lights.

Outside we do multi color :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I love all white lights, they are so crisp and clean. My husband likes multi-colored though. I have my tree that is white lights and our family tree is multi-colored.