Christmas in July 2018 - Day Seventeen

Discussion in 'Christmas in July' started by PamelaG, Jul 17, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Moving on to the How to Display category and today's topic is Christmas Cards. How do you display the cards you receive?

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I've hung ribbons besides the door and in the stairway and I clip the cards to it (that's when I was in an exchange because lots of cards). Nowadays I just display them in the armoire and any other space I have.

Holiday_Mom and PamelaG like this.
  3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

I hang them right below the mantle on a wire. The more I get the more festive it looks.

Holiday_Mom and PamelaG like this.
  4. PamelaG

I've always kept ours in a decorative basket but I saw a great idea at a friend's house last year. Run garland around a doorway, from the bottom left, around the top, and ending on the bottom right and attach the cards with those small decorative clothespins that come out in craft stores with the Christmas supplies. Looked so pretty.

5. PamelaG

I've also saved this idea for years - those are shutters.

Christmas Card Display.jpg

6. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

I have a Christmas box I put them in. I like the Garland in the doorway but I dont have a doorway to hang it.
    I have put them in a card holder in the door before as well

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  7. Fuchsia

Fuchsia New Member

I also do garland around the living room entryway, and on the bookcases, and tie the cards onto it. I originally saw the idea in a Victoria magazine years ago

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  8. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

Mine sit on my 2 China cabinets on either side of the arch way into the dining room.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  9. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

I place the cards on our mantle and when that fills up, then I put them on top of our piano.

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I have a wooden moose that my grandfather made for me that has clothespins glued onto it. I use that some years and other years I just tape the cards around a door frame and display them that way. One year I made a tree out of a strand or two of Christmas lights on the wall and put the cards in the shape of a tree in the lights.

missjane likes this.
  11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I have some candy cane clips on string from DG that I hang on the french door using suction cups to display the photo cards, and other cards go into a basket on the hutch so we can browse through them.

I love the shutter idea!

missjane likes this.
  12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I put ours in a basket for anyone others to read. I like that shutter idea too. I may have to look on Facebook Marketplace for shutters. Love the red. Maybe green or one of each!

My mom tapes her cards to the family room door.

13. Andthenjust

Andthenjust Member

I use fish wire across the beams by our living room door and hang the cards over it.

missjane likes this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I tape some to the door frame and put others out in various places. Finally, some go in a basket where we can look at them. We have a lot of cards between the card swap, family, and church family.

15. Rose94

Rose94 Member

I use painters tape on the back of the cards and place them around the doorway that leads into the kitchen from the hallway. Thinking of trying something different this year but not sure what yet.