Christmas in July 2018 - Day Sixteen

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Perimeter items - Lights, candy canes, other row-type items. Do you line a walkway or fence with something festive?

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
C9 color bulb lights along the fence on side of the yard and around the shed. We tried lining one side of the driveway with lite up candy canes but he stakes were break from people bumping into them.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I just use the iron candlesticks my Dad made me before he died. They are about 3 feet tall made from a stick of rebar with a metal cup similar to a tuna can welded on the rebar. They are painted black and I put a bow on them and a tealight in the cup, with a glass globe on it.
My parents always put out 40 of them along the street. I only have 10 and it’s a struggle to get them lit every night. I don’t know how they managed 40 but it was beautiful. I may put them in my front flowerbeds. They need to be repainted if I do. I was sort of thinking bright red might be fun.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We have everyday lantern like path lights. I never thought to do anything with them. I might try a red bow on them.

Our neighborhood has been doing luminaries on Christmas Eve for ages. Some of the neighbors get together at the beginning of December to sort out bags of sand, white votive candles, and white bags to make the 170 luminary kits. It's really neat to see the streets lined in lights all night long.