Christmas in July 2018 - Day Twenty-Three

Discussion in 'Christmas in July' started by PamelaG, Jul 23, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

How to display: Wood crates. Interesting topic, I don't think I've ever used wood crates in my Christmas decor.

Cathymac2 likes this.
  2. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Active Member

Me either. I am interested to see what y’all come up with.
    Just a thought-I can see a Nativity scene with straw, the animals, etc in my head. Anyone ever do that?

Holiday_Mom and PamelaG like this.
  3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I haven't but that would be a perfect use for a wood crate on its side.

Cathymac2 likes this.
  4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

sounds great i have a nativity scene so i could try that

Cathymac2 and PamelaG like this.
  5. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

I "built" a shelving unit with wooden crates that fits underneath our wall mounted television in our family room. That room decor lends to decorating with raw materials whereas the living room is more formal. I have used wooden crates that are upside down on a table to hold 2 gallon Mason Jar drink dispensers. I've used them in our family room as an extra end table for additional places to put a drink down while sitting. I have used the crates to hold our Christmas books but have switched it out with a basket I needed the crate.

Cathymac2 likes this.
  6. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Cathymac2 likes this.
  7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Cathymac2 likes this.
  8. Andthenjust

Andthenjust Member

I've got a wooden trug that I occasionally use to put smaller presents in and then place it under the tree, rather than a scattering of gifts around the base.

Miss JoDee and Cathymac2 like this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

MissJoDee, started following your pinterest Christmas board

Cathymac2 likes this.
  10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I haven't used a wood crate for Christmas. I did use it to display photos at H's grad party. I've also seen them used as cookie displays....may be nice way to display cookies for a cookie exchange.

Cathymac2 likes this.
  11. Rose94

Rose94 Member

I haven’t used a wooden crate for Christmas either. I see ideas online and in stores on different ways to use them but have never picked one up to use. Will have to give it more thought.

Cathymac2 likes this.
  12. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

I have seen some neat ideas I dont have anywhere to use them in my decorations

Cathymac2 likes this.
  13. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

I've never used a wooden crate either. I like the look but would be something to either buy or scrounge for. Then the issue where to store if not used for spring decorating etc.

14. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

The crates I have are old. I picked them up from mother in law, garage sale, or thrift store.The have a lot of character if you know what I mean.