Christmas in July 2019 - Day Twenty

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning! Let's take a moment to talk about how our CIJ is going this year. Have you had a chance to try a new craft or recipe? How's the gift closet coming? Anything in the hygge threads strike you as something you might like to try or are you like me and you figured out you've been hygge all along and just didn't realize there was a term for it! Any ideas for CIJ next year - I am seriously considering Lucie's idea of the 25 favorite ornaments, loving her blog posts!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
CIJ has gotten pushed to the side this year due to weather related home issues. I did buy Christmas candy on clearance so I brought that out when Hallmark started showing their Christmas movies. I think that is the best it will be this month. :)

Reactions: AuntJamelle

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I have an idea for an advent "calendar" for dh and me, after reading posts and thinking outside the box. Dh and I watched a Christmas movie, and dsil just rolled his eyes while saying "to each his own." My gift closet, unfortunately, is quite bare, but I am making lists; and I have gleaned ideas for wrapping gifts. I am thoroughly enjoying all the ideas that are being shared. Thank you everyone.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My gift closet is doing OK. I have been concentrating on stocking fillers so am nearly done with those.
I have been making many lists.
I sat and watched a Christmas movie on Netflix and when I crafted with mum we watched 2 movies. There was much eye rolling:rolleyes:

I have been enjoying all the posts, it just makes me wish that Christmas was here now. I am glad that we still have months to go, I am not quite ready yet.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I haven't been as organized as I had planned so although I put up the thread each day here, my blog has been hit and miss and sometimes just a cut and paste from my comments on the thread. I think Lucie's idea to blog about something completely different is the way to go. No new recipes or crafts, just no time and my craft supplies are mostly still packed. I have been thinking a lot about Christmas and making some notes in my planner so that's a win. I've done some organizing of the Christmas things that I unpacked and I made it to the Ornament Premiere. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts, especially those on hygge week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As the days get longer and warmer I get very enthused about Christmas prep. Looking forward to the last Christmas in July posts so that I have ideas and plans in place before Christmas gets too close.
Need to look at Lucie's blog, she always has amazing ideas.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Sadly I've done very little - just been trying to keep DH on track until he finishes his presidency in our camping club. Hope to get more done when we are back home.

We have one more 2 week trip scheduled in August but I think that September will be my prep month.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
A good thing I had my blogposts scheduled! with vacations on... no time to read anything, we're always on the go. will play catchup soon, I promise!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, your blog is lovely. I love looking at all of your tree decorations.
I particularly like the mouse, "not a creature was stirring".

Reactions: luludou

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I felt very CIJ this weekend making salt dough ornaments with DH - we played Christmas music in the background! :)

Gift closet is growing - all due to me slowly ticking things off the crafting list. Haven't purchased anything recently.

Pushing hard to get as much done for Christmas 2019 before we leave for Disney as possible. I have 2 months to knock things out. Will be getting Christmas cards done early, will continue early wrapping of crafted gifts and working on finalizing my master grocery list too.

Loving all the CIJ threads!!!!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I felt very CIJ this weekend making salt dough ornaments with DH - we played Christmas music in the background! :)

Gift closet is growing - all due to me slowly ticking things off the crafting list. Haven't purchased anything recently.

Pushing hard to get as much done for Christmas 2019 before we leave for Disney as possible. I have 2 months to knock things out. Will be getting Christmas cards done early, will continue early wrapping of crafted gifts and working on finalizing my master grocery list too.

Loving all the CIJ threads!!!!
When do you leave for Disney? We were just talking about the MHH Christmas Card Exchange a few days ago - the call for participation usually comes out in September, can't remember when the cutoff date was last year.