Christmas in July - Week 3 Theme

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Tomorrow starts Week 3:

Week 3 (July 16-July 22): Nature/Rustic/Country (decorations, visits, etc.)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
When it comes to this style of decorating I have to say that I am really drawn to the look of natural greenery, white lights and white accent items. Like a simple white ceramic pitcher filled with greens and perhaps with a pretty paper tag tied about the neck with rough twine.

Baskets filled with pinecones and white lights, etc.

Mason jars are another classic way to add that special touch – filled with candles, strings of mini battery operated lights and so on…

I also love the simple look of white candles surrounded by glass hurricanes with red faux berries twined about the candle.

Burlap, wooden signs, chicken wire baskets, galvanized buckets are also great elements in this sort of theming. Old sleds, ice skates, old fashioned kitchen tools arranged with greenery and lights – colanders, etc.

I also think wool felt type items work well too – runners, tree skirts, penny rugs in various holiday themes – adds a nice warmth!

One of the great things about this whole approach is that so many things are basic, simple elements that become holiday themed when mixed with greenery, lights, etc. but that could be used year round as desired.

Reactions: PamelaG