Christmas Movies, Parades, Exposes I am so Excited!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
I've been working on getting my notebook organized and on calendars all afternoon when I suddly realized how close everything is. I've got big plans for the first weekend in November: Jim Carrey's new movie The Christmas Carol is being released and The Holly Day Fair hosted by the Jr League is the same weekend. That is only 12 days from now.
Can you feel the excitment? If you haven't done so you need to check your calendars and mark the Christmas expos in your area. The Carolina Christmas Show in Raleigh is November 19-22, the same weekend as the Christmas Parade. I just can't believe it's all so close!!

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Everything is coming up so fast! November 7th is a big day for craft fairs around here, can't wait to see what all the talented people have made this year!

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Wow, you are so right! Thanks for the reminder. It is ALMOST November. I have been so busy with Halloween and my Boo Bash planning that I now have to kick it into gear. I have never really done a lot with Halloween and went all out this year since I have a new family of girls living with me. I now have to focus on the next two holidays. Thanksgiving is not hard. I have lots of decor to change out next week, but will be really slimming down the menu for the day and assigning others things to bring this year. Usually, my older sister and I do everything, but I can't do that this year. We also have lots of left overs since we usually do a huge variety of foods so that everyone can have their favs. This year, we will be much more frugal and practical. I think at Thanksgiving dinner, we will actually let everyone vote on the things they want for Christmas dinner and Christmas Eve.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I think at Thanksgiving dinner, we will actually let everyone vote on the things they want for Christmas dinner and Christmas Eve.

That's a wonderful idea! We started doing this a few years ago and my mom was shocked to learn that none of us would miss the Christmas Ham OR turkey! Now we usually have italian on Christmas eve and some kind of beef on Christmas Day. Much less food, much less waste and everyone is happy since the menu technically changes each year (based upon input!) Good luck!

MerryHOHOHO

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Maryland
I too am getting so excited for the begining of November to start. I am looking forward to the movie too (Chrstmas Carol) and the open house at Hallmark. And lots of parties to attend. On the 20th they are lighting the big tree in our area with the Santa parade the next day. I made my list today and I got sooo excited just thinking about it.

zchristy

Santa's Elves
We're looking forward to the Festival of Trees here - it is located at a wonderful museum with a full scale pioneer town. But this year on top of the tree festival, the 1940's & 50's exhibit is up, so as a huge classic film fan and a lover of that era, I can't wait to see it.

There is also a display there that has been up every Christmas since the 1940s and my husband and I used to go and see it when we were children called "Once Upon A Christmas". It is a darling festive display of fairy tales and holiday scenes in motion with a simple animatronics. It reminds of the Rankin-Bass movies. That is the week of Nov 22nd, so we won't miss it. :)

Otherwise there is my kid's Christmas concert, I'm singing at a Christmas party in early Dec, doing music with friends at our church one weekend and visiting my sister and her new husband 2 hours from here for a little pre-Christmas Christmas. So lots of fun coming!

I've decided we're skipping the Santa Parade here this year - my kids are getting bigger and the idea of freezing our butts off and delivering letters to the man in red isn't up our alley as much anymore. I want to have a few family nights with Christmas movies and popcorn, looking at lights, sledding/cocoa etc.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I love November! We are going away for the weekend on the 6th so I might get some Christmas shopping done. And my DD9 has choir practise for Christmas once a week. I always like to do at least one shopping trip during the month and it's also my Mum and sister's birthdays. Then come the 30th November I start to decorate. The Christmas lights in our town are switched on on the 27th and the provisional Christmas TV listings are out on the 26th. With Advent starting on the 29th November it really is a busy month!

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Hi Ladies, Yes, November is just around the corner, actually I can't wait for it, so I can start My cards, etc. In the Middle of next week I'm going to my girlfriend's house to pick up a Nativity set that she's been holding for me all year. I bought it last year at a Holiday Fair, its so nice. It Lights up, & it has Bethlehem, the Manger, & its so Pretty. It was too Heavy to carry along with a Suitcase, all the other times I came down, so this time I'm coming down just for it alone, for one day & no suitcase. Only to come back 2 weeks later to go to this years Holiday Fair & stay for the weekend. I learned my lesson not to buy something so heavy this year, but it was so nice I couldn't resist.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I was looking through our city's calendar of events to see what is going to be happening. So far there is a huge craft show and a light up parade. The craft show is the same weekend that the Christmas Carol movie is coming out. I was looking at my calendar earlier today and realized that those 2 things are happening next weekend!!!! Yay!!!!