Christmas Notebook apps 2015?

Discussion in 'Christmas Notebooks' started by Cindylouwho, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

Hi all ~
    So those of you that are into technology - what apps are you using for Christmas this year? I wrote a note to myself last year that this year I was going to use an app for my shopping instead of just my trusty Excel spreadsheet (because apparently I'm forgetting what I have already purchased when I'm in the store.). I'll still keep the Excel list as my "master" list but this past summer I looked up my options on apps.

For gifts:
    I'm going with Santa's Bag.
    (Alternative options were: M Gifts, Better Christmas List, and The Christmas List).

For Cooking:
    Paprika - but this is only to pull the shopping lists quickly. When it comes to recipes though I really like my own "hardcopy" recipe binder (made from a big red photo album). Only my trusted favorites go in there.

2. DawnSu

DawnSu Member

am very interested in this thread, as I use my trusty ol notebook I carry in purse.... but would way rather have it on phone as I do everything on my phone..

3. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

I have been using Santa's Bag this year. I have been happy with it. I still use a paper list as well though. I find this is handy to have when I am out. I often snap a quick photo if I see something that I like and want to come back to the store another time to look further or to purchase.

4. Eaglesax

Eaglesax Member

I used "gifted" and Iparty. if you love excel you can purchase it for your phone. I stll have some lists I like for other projects and can actually use on my ipone 6 plus.

5. farmerswife

farmerswife Member

I love onenote. I am able to sync it to all three of my devices, my computer,my iPad and my iPhone. I also can print pages and put in my hard copy notebook. I have used other apps made specifically for Christmas but found them limited to what I am able to add, such as Pictures with notes.

6. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

Ah....OneNote, *Swoon* How I love that app. Had to drop it when I went to the Mac. Have been looking at it again now that it is available and working better on the Mac side. I moved all my stuff to Evernote at that time but even with Evernote the problem I ran into with apps that rely on internet download was I would be in a big store and the internet signal would be gone. If it wan't already in the app I couldn't get to it. Has anyone else run into this? I swear some stores block the internet so you can't price compare. Target used to be the worst but since they got their awesome Cartwheel up and running I never have problems there anymore.

I think I need something a bit more simple, like a straight out Chistmas app. But at the mention of OneNote now i'm really thinking. Rats - I'm going on a roadtrip this weekend. That would normally give me LOTS of time to putter as I'd be riding shotgun. But this time I'm driving! Rats.

7. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

Thanks for this thread. I need to check out some of these apps.

8. farmerswife

farmerswife Member

I use a Mac,iPad and an iPhone,all Apple devices and it works great. I love it.

9. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

I did not have success with using my ipad or iphone as a 'notebook' however there was several countdown and advent apps my son really likes :)

10. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Active Member

I have used Evernote so I had access to it on my app or on my laptop

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note phone so I use the Snote to make a album to make the list and take photos to put in the virtual notebooks to keep track of ideas.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I too would like an app that I can have on my phone. I use my iphone a lot but still use my trusty old paper diary for the bulk of my lists.