CIJ Ornament Swap 2015

Discussion in 'Swap Rules, Swap Proposals, Current Swaps' started by Lana, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is time to see if there is enough interest to have this swap, for 2015.

Hoping to see all the old swappers, ones who had been in before and new ones!!!!

The guidelines will be as follows:

If you choose to participate we make the same ornament for all that has joined. In the past that has been 7-9 people. I would not ask people to do more than 12 items unless they totally wanted to, but at that time if we were over 12, I would swap packages around and you would not get one from everybody. Wrap the ornaments each seperately. PLEASE keep in mind that the ornaments should be something that you, yourself would like to receive. The ornaments can be made with any material of your choice. (material, paper, yarn, clay, plastic canvas, if glass PLEASE take extreme care in packaging, or etc.) If glass please wrap securely. In the past we have had them broken. Since I just repackage when I get them I do not see the shape they are in or what the item is until we all open them. In fact I don't open mine until I know all has been received by others.

When you have the ornaments completed, you will send them to me and I will swap them out. On the wrapped ornament itself or the packaging be sure to include your name so the receiver will know who made it.

Please enclose with your package a money order or check made out for the amount that it cost to mail the package inside a sandwich baggie. I am also asking that an extra $1.50 be sent per participate to help cover extra postage if needed. Boxes will weigh different when items are swapped out with the items made from different materials. IF any postage is due back to you I WILL send it with your ornaments. Should you choose to send payment in cash that is your decision. I have sent money back to people in the past, depends on what is made. IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD TO PAY FOR ITEMS (a couple times) IN THE RETURNING DUE TO THE MONEY PUT IN IS ONLY $1.50, I DON'T MIND PAYING THE EXTRA BUT NOT FAIR TO OTHERS. If your package cost $2.00 to mail to me (wish right?) then in your package or if you forget and send later I should receive $3.50. I am sorry if I am not explaining it correctly. I DO send all money back to you that is due! I ask for the $1.50 extra because if everybody would send heavier items and then when it is all together it could be more than the actual mailing of yours.

THESE WILL BE THE DATES THAT EVERYONE WILL GO BY:
    ********Sign up is now open and will close February 28th, 2015. This will give everyone about 3 1/2 months to create their ornaments and get them mailed to me.

********Ornaments must be to me by June 10th, 2015 in order for me to get them swapped out and to the post office for delivery back to you. Any package received AFTER this deadline will be refused from the post office. This will give me about 2 1/2 wks. to get them back to you. Seems the post office takes alittle longer on stuff at times!

********Ornaments will be back to you by July 1st.

********Please PM me if you are interested and include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. The information will not be shared.

********I will send you my information, upon receiving yours.

Hopefully we will have a good turn out and get some new ideals for different ornaments we can make for Christmas. If by chance people do not follow through it is possible that you could receive 1 or more of your ornaments back. It would be unlikely but it could happen.
    To the BEST of my ability I will try to avoid that.

If you do not follow through after signing up, it could prevent you from being able to join other swaps at MHH. We DO understand circumstances that come up that we have no control over. Please just notify me.

I will keep everybody informed of when I receive your ornaments and the date that I am mailing the package back to you. I even send reminders out to you.

THANK YOU and I hope we have a good turn out!!!!!!!!!!

After receiving all packages I will open them and repack to mail back out. As I mentioned with them being wrapped I will not see the contents so therefore will not know what is sent in or out until I open mine in July also. WE have alot of talented people in our MHH family so the swap should be pleasing.

If we get 12 signed up and the majority would only want to do 6 you could do either 6 or 12 if you chose. Hopefully we get a good number and will all be able to make that number so you can receive 1 of each!

2. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am in, Lana. This has been so much fun for me. I have some very beautiful and creative ornaments. I have mine chosen for this year and will get started soon.

Anyone that has not participated in this swap let me encourage you. It is exciting and gets you inspired to begin thinking about Christmas in December.

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Me too.

I'm in for the swap.

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

YIPEEEEE! Got 2 ------3 counting me!

5. p.a.

p.a. Member

Lana I've never joined before, I'm in Canada, would this be a problem for you?
    I know I would pay more for shipping but it also will take you a bit more time at the post office.

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

p.a. I have no problem shipping to where ever. Postage might be different but we can always settle that up between us. I could take what I received this yr. and get an average of what that was. Varies yr to yr on what is made. Just let me know.

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

p.a. please do not hesitate to join us.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I'm in again!

9. p.a.

p.a. Member

Ok is love to join. But, I can use a reminder :)

10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Thank you Ladies!

We have:

Lana
    Miss JoDee
    Diedra
    MrsSoup
    p.a.

Remember to pm me the information I asked for.

11. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Active Member

I'm back in this year! I know what I'm making (better see if Michaels still has what I need)

12. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

I'm in please!!! :)

13. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

I wanted to ask if I could make 3 small whimsical ornaments instead of 1 bigger one. I love the ones I've made or bought and would love to make them for everyone. would that be acceptable?

14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Thank you Ladies!

We have:

Lana
    Miss JoDee
    Diedra
    MrsSoup
    p.a.
    Shannon
    JeniferDwn

Remember to pm me the information I asked for.

15. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I"m in..Just added the deadline date to my calendar. Now it's time to decide!

16. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lana
    Miss JoDee
    Diedra
    MrsSoup
    p.a.
    Shannon
    JeniferDwn
    Michelle

We are at 8! YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

I feel so dumb sometimes, I can't remember what the 3rd one was that I was going to make!!! I will write it down when I remember it!!! LOL I am going to buy the stuff this week to get started. I'm so excited!

18. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

27 days left to sign up for the CIJ Swap!!!

19. Kim Loves Snow

Kim Loves Snow Santa's Elves

Count me in!

20. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lana
    Miss JoDee
    Diedra
    MrsSoup
    p.a.
    Shannon
    JeniferDwn