CIJ Ornament Swap for 2014

Discussion in 'Swap Rules, Swap Proposals, Current Swaps' started by Lana, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Well, I guess it is time to get this put up and see if we have any interest!

Hoping to see a few that had been in before and dropped! :) :) :)

The guidelines will be as follows:

If you choose to participate you will make a group of 8 handmade ornaments. The ornaments should be 8 of the same item. (take note of the last paragraph) Wrap the ornaments each seperately. PLEASE keep in mind that the ornaments should be something that you, yourself would like to receive. The ornaments can be made with any material of your choice. (material, paper, yarn, clay, plastic canvas, if glass PLEASE take extreme care in packaging, or etc.) Ornaments can be made from a kit also. If glass please wrap securely. In the past we have had them broken. Since I just repackage when I get them I do not see the shape they are in.

When you have the ornaments completed, you will send them to me and I will swap them out. On the wrapped ornament itself or the packaging be sure to include your name so the receiver will know who made it.

Please enclose with your package a money order or check made out for the amount that it cost to mail the package inside a sandwich baggie. I am also asking that an extra $1.50 be sent per participate to help cover extra postage if needed. Boxes will weigh different when items are swapped out with the items made from different materials. IF any postage is due back to you I WILL send it with your ornaments. Should you choose to send payment in cash that is your decision. I have sent money back to people in the past, depends on what is made. IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD TO PAY FOR ITEMS (a couple times) IN THE RETURNING DUE TO THE MONEY PUT IN IS ONLY $1.50, I DON'T MIND PAYING THE EXTRA BUT NOT FAIR TO OTHERS. If your package cost $2.00 to mail to me (wish right?) then in your package or if you forget and send later I should receive $3.50. I am sorry if I am not explaining it correctly. I DO send all money back to you that is due! I ask for the $1.50 extra because if everybody would send heavier items and then when it is all together it could be more than the actual mailing of yours.

THESE WILL BE THE DATES THAT EVERYONE WILL GO BY:
    ********Sign up is now open and will close February 28th, 2014. This will give everyone about 3 1/2 months to create their ornaments and get them mailed to me.

********Ornaments must be to me by June 11th, 2014 in order for me to get them swapped out and to the post office for delivery back to you. Any package received AFTER this deadline will be refused from the post office. This will give me about 2 1/2 wks. to get them back to you. Seems the post office takes alittle longer on stuff at times!

********Ornaments will be back to you by July 1st.

********Please PM me if you are interested and include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. The information will not be shared.

********I will send you my information, upon receiving yours.

Hopefully we will have a good turn out and get some new ideals for different ornaments we can make for Christmas. If by chance people do not follow through it is possible that you could receive 1 or more of your ornaments back. It would be unlikely but it could happen.
    To the BEST of my ability I will try to avoid that.

If you do not follow through after signing up, it could prevent you from being able to join other swaps at MHH. We DO understand circumstances that come up that we have no control over. Please just notify me.

I will keep everybody informed of when I receive your ornaments and the date that I am mailing the package back to you. I even send reminders out to you.

THANK YOU and I hope we have a good turn out!!!!!!!!!!

After receiving all packages I will open them and repack to mail back out. As I mentioned with them being wrapped I will not see the contents so therefore will not know what is sent in or out until I open mine in July also. WE have alot of talented people in our MHH family so the swap should be pleasing.

I have said a group of 8 ornaments, if less sign up then of course you make only the amount that we have signed up. We will see how many sign up and then make the choice as to do that many or divide into groups. If we get 12 signed up and the majority would only want to do 6 you could do either 6 or 12 if you chose. Hopefully we get a good number and will all be able to make that number so you can receive 1 of each!

2. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

this is always fun. I will have to think on it b/c I have struggled in the past and am not sure if I want to do it again, but it is always fun when I do

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I am interested.

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I would love to participate this year. I do enjoy giving and receiving them. I already know what I want to make and have shopped for items but not purchased anything.

5. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

One of the highlights of my summer. I have fun with this!!

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Remember if you are signing up please pm me. Thank you!

So far I have:

Lana
    Diedra
    Michelle
    Jody
    Jessica

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  7. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

bumping this up .......

8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

So far I have:

Lana
    Diedra
    Michelle
    Jody
    Jessica
    Kim

Have a few weeks left to sign up. I know in the past a few have pm me a day or 2 after closing not seeing the sign up time so this yr. I did do it a couple weeks longer. After the date I do not take any more---not fair to add more on to people to make after telling them one number.

Pam, was always interested but haven't seen her post in awhile.

A few have did it in the past and haven't signed up for it yet this year.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

This sign up closes at the end of the month.

10. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

Come on girls..it's super fun! Takes commitment for sure, but we have joy on our trees for years to come! Really, I always enjoy looking back at them each year.

11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I didn't do this last year, and I was very sad that I didn't. I am just not a crafty person, so I am always hesitant. Guess I'm throwing my hat into the ring. I'll apologize ahead of time if you need to put mine on the back of the tree or the bottom of the storage box! lol

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Now, I have the following:

Lana
    Diedra
    Michelle
    Jody
    Jessica
    Kim
    Jane

About 3 weeks left to sign up.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I think I have decided what I'm making. When we get paid, I'll buy the supplies for one. If it turns out okay, I'll know. If not, I'll be on the hunt again.

Just a little over a week left to sign up...it's fun if you haven't tried it. I have one whole tree that's just for MHH ornaments. I didn't do it last year and regretted it. Don't miss out!

14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

That is right 10 days left to sign up! At the moment everybody has 6 to make.

15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Sign ups will close on Friday the 28th. Like I said there is usually a few (different from yr. to yr.) that say they missed the sign up and would like to join and I have to turn them down. When it gets posted after the first of the year and I went a couple weeks longer this year it isn't fair to ask those who signed up to make more after I put out the count.

SO PLEASE IF YOU WANT IN SIGN UP BEFORE THE DEADLINE!

Thank you! Looking so forward to opening them in July!

16. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

CIJ Ornament Swap sign ups ends tom..

17. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

We have the following for the 2014 swap:
    Lana
    Diedra
    Michelle
    Jody
    Jessica
    Kim
    Jane

That means we each have 6 ornaments to make! THANK YOU all for joining!

Looking forward to see what we will get. (Need to decide for sure on my ornament. Have it narrowed down.)

18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I am so excited about this!!!

19. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

I decided to not to do it this year but I look forward to seeing what others did. Hope someone post photos!

20. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Shannon, will be missing you and a couple others that have did it in the past.