cloudy monday 06/11/18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Jun 11, 2018.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. went to kings dominion yesterday with my son and grandson. i havent been in years but it was fun. he loves the waterpark. have some errands to do today and clothes to wash. enjoy your day

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! woked up with night sweats a few times :( was up by 4:30. did gym, trying out my new medication today, keeping my fingers cross that it works and has no side-effects!

Have some training at 9:30 which is why I came in to work today.

Later

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good morning,

Mostly cloudy here today too and that will keep the temperature down. Vic and I went to see Ocean's 8 on Friday - excellent, highly recommend it. Saturday was a busy day around the house, Vic getting ready for a local inspection while I did laundry and worked on some paperwork. We went out Saturday night to a house concert - there's a local man who has quite a large backyard so he put up a tent, set up rows of chairs, hired a band, and charged admission. We brought our own food and drinks and had a very enjoyable evening with one of Vic's co-workers and his wife. Sunday was a day to work on the loveseat for Vic and to relax for me since my back is still bothering me.

Not much on the agenda today - a quick run to the post office and the commissary and then home for more laundry and to work on my CIJ ornaments.

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Moms surprise party went nice. Miranda and her 3 kids picked her up and blindfolded and drove around awhile then walked her in. Most swarm but Kim, me, Allen and Garrettt and Aunt Imogene. Might as well have swarm as I got sprayed ALOT! The people that liked German potatoe salad really liked it and it was easy to do.

Came home showered and did dishes and a load of clothes.

Was a restless night.

Better go put dishes away and pack a lunch. Off Thursday so will have 1/2 lunches.

Jess, we haven't had Ben Franklins around here since I was alot younger---years ago. I did like them tho.

Have a GREAT day all!

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I'm dragging today...so tired. I told dgkids we would do a craft when they get all their chores & exercises done, so they are working double time. I don't know if we have a Ben Franklin in Vegas, certainly not anywhere near us. There is exactly 1 Joann's in the entire Las Vegas valley - can you believe that? Of course it is huge and it has absolutely everything; but with traffic and all, I don't get there very often. Fortunately we have Michael's about 5 miles away, so I can get my "fix."

After the kids finish their craft we are going to make Baby Elephant Ears. I found a recipe online, and I remember having them when I was a kid. Made with pie crust, spread with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar, rolled up & cut into slices, then slices rolled flat and baked.

Laundry day for me - my timer just went off. Time to change loads. Have a great day everyone!

6. luludou

well..... I don't think my medication went very well... half an hour after taking it I was all numb from my lips to my fingertips, all red in the face and feeling not well at all. It lasted about an hour then I would've Fallen flat on my face as I was really tired. I called pharmacy, will try again tonight to see if it's a reaction or if it's an adaptation to the pill. I never reacted like that before. Nothing swollen or trouble breathing so it's not that bad.

Having lunch at the office and read a little.

'Later.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Both kids were going to stay the night at our friends house last night. DD wanted to stay the night but DH was going to go to work with me, so the girls asked if Eli could stay the night as well so that DD could stay. They walked down at some point and got their stuff after we had left for work. They used the key we gave friends to lock the door behind them. We got home from work and were locked out because neither of us grabbed a key, so we ran down and got their key. Then just as I was falling asleep shortly after 11, my friend texted to say that Eli wanted to come home. I got up and dressed and ran over to get him. He couldn't really tell me what was wrong, he just wanted to come home. He was a little teary when I tucked him in. I asked him if he got in trouble or him and the boy were fighting and he said no. I asked if he felt sick, no or he was scared, no. Who knows. Eli is my emotional kid. He stayed with them in the hotel a couple times, but hasn't stayed at their house yet. The boy has a room of sharks, so maybe he just didn't like it or wasn't comfortable. I don't know.

This morning i'm going to take my ball dress and see about getting it hemmed. Not sure what else today will hold. I have some shirts to return to the NEX, so I could do that and I need to work on my ornaments. Also homework and go sign DD up for the babysitting class next month. The summer reading program starts today so we need to start logging our reading too!

Enjoy your day!

8. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good Monday afternoon to you all!

It's cloudy and cool here...about 65*. I also had a restless night. Woke up with J, so I could go to my ultrasound appointment this morning. It was quick. We will see what they find with my gallbladder. I see a surgeon on Thursday. My reg. dr. wants me to get it taken care of before it becomes a major problem. I am hoping to get it done before my insurance changes, but we will see what happens. Our new plan starts July 1. It's high-deductible and I have to pay for some of the deductible, which equals the amount of my "raise". :mad: So disappointed that the local agreed to this horrible contract.

After my appointment, I stopped at Walmart to pick up new curtains for M's room. They are sheer with gold dots. The comforter she wanted was on back order at JCP for about a month, but it was finally shipped today. We put the new curtains up, but need to raise the rod a bit because they're a little too long. I went in for that and walked out with a new coffee maker (on clearance) and a few other items.

I came home and deep cleaned the den. I washed my curtains in there and hung them with rings with clips. It looks really nice, but I really should something besides the roller blinds on the windows. The front window is a double, so it's huge, which means expensive. o_O The dog looks out these windows a lot and I'm afraid she will ruin a nicer blind. Next step is to paint. I gathered a bag of stuff for goodwill and a bag of dance shoes to take to the studio. It looks so much better.

I got an email yesterday that dance rehearsals start again on Sunday. We had 1 week off.....I said "ugh" and M said "YAY!". Too funny.:p

That's about it for this gal....heading to the kitchen to bake J a peach pie, then hoping to take a nap!

Thinking of you all!
    ~blessings~

9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Did not sleep well at all. I think it was because I was afraid I would not hear the alarm this a.m. But i was awake before the alarm went off. Was at the hospital by 7:30. Was out in less than an hour. The monitor is about the size of a credit card. So I stay hooked up to it for 48 hours. Then I can take it off.

Went to Aldi's for milk. Came home and ate a bowl of cereal. Then I went to an excellent Bible study. I at first did not want to go. But I knew I would benefit from it if I went.

Now, I think the rain has cleared up for a while, And I want to rest a bit longer. The latest back thing is not helping. In fact, my back is worse I think.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Stay safe and dry.

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

rain rain and more rain

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, a grey, foggy start here.
    Tuesday here and a work day for me, I could have easily turned off the alarm, rolled over and gone back to sleep.
    Should be a quick day and that is it for me for the week. Glad that I had the holiday yesterday, we have no more holiday Mondays until Labour Day in October. Would be nice to have one sometime over Winter.
    Didi some baking yesterday afternoon, some muffins from a packet and a cake mix and tinned cherry desert. Both turned out well. Really do need to do more baking. Re arranged the pantry, nothing to throw out which was good. I really don't need too much when I shop next as DH wants to run down the pantry and freezers a bit.
    Booked the car in for a service for the 21st.
    Best get moving,
    Much love.

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Another cool but sunny day. Supposed to be warmer later in the week.

Had a pedicure this morning and then I went to the mall looking for a white shirt. Found something that would do in a pinch but nothing I really liked. Did find several tees at JCP in other colors and a purse and leggings and everything
    was on sale. Got some sale stuff at Bath and Body Works and a pair of earrings at Brighton's.

Got home and boxed a bunch of photos for a scanning groupon I needed to use and now I have to order a Shutterfuly book. Not going to bother making a new one but just going to re-order the wedding one. I always wind up giving my copy away...

Tomorrow is lunch with a friend to discuss our camping club's facebook page.

Lisa - peach pie - yum
    HW2 - hate rain
    Pam - hope you're feeling better
    Lucie - hope you don't get another reaction from the meds
    Pamela - fun weekend
    Jess - are you still working? When do you get your first paycheck?

And we're off to another week!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  13. luludou

Evening! Medication went all right tonight, go figure! DD just texted me she just finished her 2 injections of her new medication, she said it hurt!

will go to bed early, see you all tomorrow.

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I dropped my dress off to be altered, $50 to take in the waist! But i'm not buying a dress or shoes and not paying to get my hair or makeup done, so i'm saving a lot of money. Then Eli and I went to our friends house. I took the girls to the library and we got my friends daughter an account and we all checked out books. Then we went back to their house and we all took off for the NEX. We had lunch and did some shopping. They wanted to stop at the furniture store so I took the boys and came on home. I bought a little Clinique makeup kit. They were looking for their daughter because she has allergies and it's the only makeup she can use. So I started looking and they had a cheap kit that came with a 4 eyeshadow set, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I figure I can use it for my Ball makeup next week.

I need to fold Eli's laundry and I may rest my eyes and then have some coffee. I was going to take the girls to Starbucks this morning and we ran out of time, I could really use it now! Maybe this evening i'll run and grab some before work.

Debbie- I am still working and I should get my first check this week. My friend suggested I try going in early in the morning and see if that works any better. It would give me my evenings back and I wouldn't have to dodge the contract workers (I think). I would have to go in by 4 a.m. I used to be up that early anyway until I started this job. I'm going to talk to my boss about it. It would work for the summer anyway but I would probably have to change back to evenings when school started.