Cloudy Tuesday 04/09/19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Apr 9, 2019.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. hope everyone has a great day. off to work will chat later

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Very Sunny warm day here.

I am feeling better than yesterday. Still have a run down feeling but at least moving. Today I need to sort out some photos for my nieces and nephews. Then toss the rest.

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It is cloudy and cool today and we have a Mets game tonight. Might spend most of the time in one of the clubs.

Had a haircut this morning, put some more stuff away and tossed out some recycling. Paid taxes and have a few more bills to get to. Not sure if I will do some shopping today or wait until tomorrow when I can get an earlier start

Hope all have a great day!

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Eli is off to school and once again, per the usual lately, I was the only one at the bus stop of our little bus stop gang. The big group of boys decided to all get together this morning and then start chanting fight so I had to break that up. :rolleyes: DS is saying that he is sick...again. I told him that he's going to school regardless because he is starting another pattern of missing once a week again and if he wants to raise his grades and pass math then he needs to be there. My dad told him that for every class he raises by at least a letter grade he will give him $100 towards his trip, so he has the potential for $500. He will survive. He needs to man up and learn how to function when not feeling good like the rest of the world does, especially since he eats like crap and doesn't feel good quite often but refuses to change it. All on him.

DD has her Ortho appointment today so she is upstairs and not going to school. No point in sending her for an hour or so. I doubt I will take her after the appointment either because there will only be two hours left of school and they will already have marked her absent for the entire day. She is a straight A student and will have no trouble making up the work. Maintenance is supposed to be coming around noon to clean the A/C coil and said that we don't need to be home as they won't need access inside the house, but it does need to be running. I'll turn it down before we leave but we may be back by then. I will close the blinds and block off the front room so the dogs can't go crazy at the window. Baseball practice this evening. I think i'll make chili for dinner. Then I need to make a meal plan and grocery list because that's the last thing I had on my last one.

I need to work on schoolwork this afternoon and try to get as far as I can towards the next task. I would like to be to the 4th and last task by the weekend so I can be done with the class by the time I speak with my program mentor on Tuesday. That will put me a little ahead as well. #goals

Hi Faye!
    Diedra- Feel better, get checked out!! Please!
    Debbie- Have fun at the game!

Enjoy your day!

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    So we had a few inches of snow here - not a snowstorm but seems everywhere in the surrounding areas there was a snowstorm.:eek: DH said it was real ugly in town. Right now there are a few snowflakes falling.

Decided to take a day off today - sick day but not sick. Will do some spring cleaning. I have days to use up or they will pay them back and I prefer using them, especially with the appreciation they have of us at work.

I washed walls, woodwork, windows and blinds in the LR. Finished the bunny garland and put that on the mantel. Decided the crochet cowls didn't need buttons on them so put that away in the gift closet.

Started to watch the movie on Emily Dickinson and didn't find it interesting. Now I just put in 'dinner with Hervé', not sure it'll be much better. A friend put some movies on a key for me but I don't think we have the same tastes.

Off to wash the LR tables and tv stand. I also have some paperwork to do

6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone, how's your day going so far? Steady morning here at work so looking forward to it being time to go home before I know it. Raining when I got off the bus yesterday - I was supposed to run out to pick up my allergy meds at the hospital pharmacy but hate driving in the rain so I skipped that errand. Got comfortable, heated up some leftover Whole 30 meatloaf, talked to my sister, Sophia, and Vic, played with the budget, and watched a few episodes of The Unit on Amazon Prime. Tried to call the furniture store because they were supposed to email me yesterday to confirm the delivery date but had to leave a message. Reviewed my online shopping orders and it looks like there could be a package waiting outside my door when I get home every day this week - it's like Christmas in April!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I washed the furniture in LR. Couches have not been washed nor have curtains been aired (snowing), but at least it feels neat.
    Have finalized paperwork with insurance. Prepped lunches for tomorrow. Now holding once again for Sunbeam. would you believe.. I waited and when they answered I pressed wrong button and hung up!!!!! waited again and this time they answered and gave me ANOTHER number... so waiting for that.

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning
    It is cold here, 1.6 degrees. I do believe that Autumn is here and as much as I don't want it to Winter is coming.

Leave for Nationals today. 4 of us are travelling by car and it will take about 8 hours from here to Melbourne. The other members are flying in Friday night as their work schedules are a little tighter.
    On the way to Melbourne there is a Vietnam Memorial that I have been wanting to visit as it has my dad's name on it. We will pop in there today and have a look.
    Will do groceries when we get there and that will be it for today.

I hope that you all have a great day,
    Much love

9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello!

Jennifer and I went to see Dumbo at the movies. We had a Mommy/Daughter date. It was a cute movie, but I like the original better. But you know me and elephants.

Well, Lindsay did it again. She left rehab. That girl is so messed up. She didn't even complete the court order of three months. She could be going back to prison. My hearts is breaking. She knows she messed up. So I might get to have my little love after all.

I have to get ready to go to a meeting in a few minutes. I am gonna be tired by tomorrow, that's for sure. I hate meetings. 99% are a waste of time. But this will be my first meeting with my new group...the PEACE CREW. Then home and that will be it for today. But tomorrow, I have a counseling appointment. Then afterwards, I will come home and put away my laundry from last week. And work on my kitchen. And an Easter wreath. I made it about ten years ago, but some of the eggs fell off and need to be rebound.

I need to change my clothes again. I will talk to you later. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DD's appointment took forever! They wanted x-rays when we got there, no problem. We were there 30 minutes early. Took quite some time to get the x-rays. Then we waited and waited to be called back to a room. Finally get called back at 11, her appointment was 10:30. We wait in the room for half an hour at least before the doctor finally comes in. Same doctor from before. She looks at DD's foot and her x-rays (which show nothing) and then we show her the spot that has appeared on DD's foot and she presses on the top of her foot/ankle where the leg meets the ankle/foot and it hurts. Hasn't hurt before but does when she presses on it. She said DD had earned an MRI. She then wanted ankle x-rays and an MRI of the ankle and foot. On our way out we did the x-rays, which took almost another hour and i'll have to call tomorrow afternoon to schedule the MRI. Hopefully it won't take too long to get in. Then we will schedule a follow-up appointment for after the MRI. We were starving by the time we got out of there 3 hours later.

We went through a drive-thru and came home. DS never did go to school today. He texted that he was starting to feel better about 1:20 and should he go to school. Really? School is over at 2:30. o_O They came and did the A/C so that is done. I feel like a nap would be wonderful right now. Eli has baseball practice in a couple hours, actually less because we need to be there early to warm up. I'm going to whip up chili before we leave so it's ready when we get back. The kids won't eat it but DH and I will. I forgot to pick up Fritos. Darn. We could do tacos instead. Everyone will eat that. Decisions....

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

It is midday here in Melbourne! On a Wednesday. Leave in about an hour to go toPhillips Island. I have started packing. I leave tomorrow morning to go back to Oklahoma. Didn’t get to see as much of Australia
    as I would have liked. But so many meetings to attend. Looks like it could rain here.
    Pam~ so sadden to hear the news of Lindsey. Prayers
    Lucy~ we didn’t get much this year but did get some.
    Hope you all have had a great day. Tomorrow will bee flying day for me. I leave Australia on the 11th and arrive home on the 11th. But I have a 20 hour flight.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have been reading but not posting much. I got home from DB's late Saturday afternoon and have been busy dealing with the mail paying bills, balancing the checkbook etc. and doing a survey for the Census Bureau. l still have stuff to put away from my trip.
    DH says we are to get nasty weather tomorrow so I think I will celebrate my March Rudy day and work on my CIJ ornaments and see what creative things I can do with old christmas cards. Thinking it would be fun to make placemats. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/111604897002853815/

Hope to be caught up by tomorrow morning so I can do Rudy day without guilt.

Good night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

My DN substituted in my classroom today, so I could test some students who had to have their online IBC test in customer sales and service read aloud to them. There are at least two math questions on each test. One question was figuring final coast after a discount. The discount was 10%, so I asked a student what 100 - 10 was...she couldn't tell me. She said 80! I asked if she was sure and she said yes. SMH! Needless to say, she did not get that question correct.

DD22 had a job interview at the Baptist Children's Home today and will go apply for a teacher's assistant job at a day care tomorrow. The one for today is only part time, so she's waiting until she looks at some other options.

Diedra, I hope you go and get yourself checked out at the doctor.
    DoodlebugDebbie, I'm so glad you went ahead and took the trip to Australia and have enjoyed it. I'm sorry circumstances of life are keeping you from being able to stay longer.
    Pam, I'm very sorry about Lindsay. I hate what drugs are doing to the people and families of the people who choose to use them.
    Jody, evidently DB is recovering well? Always so much to take care of when you've been away.
    Debbie, welcome back to LI!
    Jess, I've never understood why a doctor's office can cancel if you are late for an appointment, but we may have to sit and wait for them. I hope they can find out something.
    Katrina, I hope you enjoy nationals and y'all do well.
    Lucie, good for you for taking a day off. If you have them, you might as well use them!
    Pamela, congratulations on the weight loss! Vic may not recognize you when he sees you!
    Faye, hope you had a good day at work today!

Night, everyone. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

Evening!

Jane- I agree! I feel like we should be able to do something when they are that late. It's ridiculous! Of course, we don't pay for the doctor since we have military healthcare. I took DS to the dentist a couple weeks ago and they were running really late as well. I was not happy. But like you said, had we of been late, we would have had to reschedule and most likely pay a fee for having to do so, however we had to sit and wait and just deal with it. Crazy! Good luck to DD on the positions!
    Jody- How is DB?
    Debbie- Have fun and safe travels!

Practice felt like it took forever, probably because I just wanted to be home. DH made tacos. I'm not in the mood for tacos so I probably just won't eat, I don't know. He was mad at me because I let DS go to work instead of making him call off. :rolleyes: He was feeling better like I mentioned earlier, but DH thinks he should be punished for missing school and not allowed to go to work. I can understand that sort of, but at the same time he's coming off a 4 day off stint and calling off wouldn't be good for his job situation and he needs to keep this job. So I made an executive decision. Such is life.

I think i'm headed to the bath again...i'm not feeling myself lately. In my head and thinking too much, reflective, lots going on that I don't know how to address or fix. :(

Goodnight friends.