Cloudy tuesday 11/20/18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Nov 20, 2018.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning. getting ready to leave for work in a few minutes . have agood day

2. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Cloudy here too - rained earlier.

DH is due in in about an hour. I have a few more things to do to set the house to rights. Will check in later....

Diedra - looks yummy!
    Faye - good morning and have a great day!

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Faye and Debbie, and everyone who comes layer.

Well, today is the BIG 50 for Jay and Jennifer. We were living in the northwest corner of the state when they were born, so in a different time zone. If we had lived in Indy, they would have been born on a different day! Jenn came at 11:40 and Jay at 11:47 p.m. Wow, it doesn't seem like they are 50! But I have the stretch marks to prove it. My tummy looks like a road map! And I wouldn't change a thing! I always wanted to be a mom.

More bad news about Lindsay. Stephen told me early this morning...like about 2 a.m. I am so disappointed in my granddaughter. He asked me not to tell the twins. A week or so ago, she took off again. This past Sunday, she was pulled over...don't know why. She had a needle and large amount of cash and was arrested. She is in jail with a $15,000 bail. Come to find out, she wasn't just using, but selling drugs, also. She was selling even when she was pregnant with Brysen. How could she? Drugs are truly evil and destroy lives. Steve said that they had a tablet that she used for her private messenger, and didn't sign out. Her parents have been learning all kinds of things about their daughter. Once again, I am heartbroken.

I am gonna try to not let this bring me farther into depression. I want to try to work on Christmas sewing. The two biggest things I need to make are Jenn's apron, and Mike's blanket. Maybe a Purdue one, because he is a Purdue grad. Hopefully, I will have a little money to buy a few things. I still want to get Samuel a tool kit. After that, I just don't know. I may just give some gift cards, if I have the money.

Well, time to get out of bed. Haven't slept well for over a month. And I do not have the money to get my sleep meds. Sigh. But now, my tummy is growling, so I think I will fix some coffee and a piece of toast. Tomorrow, I will make some desserts for Thanksgiving. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Pam, so sorry to hear about Lindsey. My heart goes out to you.

They will finish the deer up today. Will have dinner for them.

Put the tree up last night but have to put lights on it before decorating. Will have just white with the blue and silver ornaments.

Working on a few crafts.

Should have items coming from JC Penneys and Amazon.

Hoping to get moving on some more crafts. A co-worker asked me to make some burp rags and washcloths for a new born baby that she is adopting thru church to give gifts to.

Take Care and have a GREAT day!

For Thanksgiving to my sisters I will take green bean casserole, 7 layer salad and O'Henry bars. (aka O'Harry bars)

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I studied until bedtime last night. I still have to take my preassessment and I have my mentor call this morning. I'm going to try to get it in before that. I'm not supposed to use my notes on the preassessment because it's really to tell me if i'm ready for the objective assessment (which is proctored). Just when I think I have something down I second guess myself, need to quit doing that and just stick with my first answer.

This morning is Friendsgiving with Stroller Warriors but i'm not going. I may run over to grab the gear that I ordered but that's it. Once I finish up this school stuff I want to start decorating full force so it can be done by Thanksgiving when our friends come over. I can't have boxes everywhere.

DS has his last drivers ed this evening and DD is going to help lead a Daisy meeting for girl scouts. Eli's glasses came in and he looks super and is super excited to wear them. He'll just wear them at home this week and then next week start taking them to school. I'll send a note to school to let the teacher know when he's to wear them because they are for reading/close work and not all the time (no recess/lunch, etc). The eye doctor said eventually to transition to all the time but they are for close stuff not distance too so I don't know how that would work. He goes back in 6 months so I think we'll just use them for what they are intended. We'll see. I guess I could wear my close up glasses all the time if I wanted to, but I do have ones for distance. Hmm.

Hi Faye and Debbie!
    Pam- Sorry to hear about Lindsay, I was wondering if she wasn't into more. Hate to hear it though.
    Lana- With as much stuff as you make you should do craft fairs.

Enjoy your day!

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Aftrnoon!
    Pam so sorry about Lindsay. Happy birthday to the twins!

Had paint class at noon, yuck, did not turn out well, will redo at home this weekend. Did gym this Morning. Going to acupuncture tonight for headaches - hope it helps out.

Have a great day

7. MrsSoup

I finished decorating my special white tree after I finished studying this morning while I was waiting for my mentor to call. Then I went and picked up my gear order from Stroller Warriors. I came home and took my preassessment and......Passed! I scored Competent. 3 areas were Exemplary, 2 Competent and 1 Approaching Competency. I was stupid and changed my answers otherwise I think I would have had overall Exemplary. I won't make the same mistake on my actual assessment. My program mentor said that even if I did pass I should email my course instructor for study tips based on my coaching report from my preassessment. I'll think about it.

Now i'm going to focus on decorating for the rest of the day!

8. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Pam, I am so sorry to hear that about Lindsey.

I am enjoying a much needed "sit down". I have made two loaves of cinnamon bread, gluten dinner rolls, 2 pie crusts, and gluten free dinner rolls are in the warm oven rising. I also chopped all the herbs and vegetables for the stuffing. I am tired!!!

I still need to run a quick vacuum and iron some clothes. Tomorrow I will iron the table cloth. That will be a huge task as it is batten burg lace and can be a pain to iron. I will make sure my spray bottle and iron are both filled with water before I tackle that.

Kiddo is off at work. Man, he didn't want to go. I ignored his fussing and fuming as much as I could. Tomorrow should be a shorter shift. At least he made some money this week.

I need to sit down and work on the family reunion stuff. I am fine tuning the invite/newsletter. I need to have it ready to mail in little over a month.

Have a good afternoon ladies. I am off to vacuum and possibly crash on the couch for a short while. I think I have more than earned few episodes on Netflix.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Cooler here this morning. It stormed last night and it woke me once but I went straight back to sleep. Raining on and off here today.
    I have work washing in the dryer, will be glad when boss gets back and she can do the washing again.
    Today is grocery list day. I need a few things when I am out tomorrow for Christmas decorating. I need command hooks and I want to find 5-6 white or red photo frames to frame the kids Santa photos from when they were little. I think that they will make a cute display. I also want to look at Christmas crackers and find a nice outfit to wear on Christmas Day.

DS is not feeling well in the tummy and is off to the Doctors for a medical certificate and hopefully something to settle him. He has tummy issues quite often but does not eat well and does little to help himself.

Pam, hugs to you, sorry to hear about Lindsay.
    Lana, your tree sounds so pretty.
    Jess, well done on the pre assessment.
    Good morning Debbie and Faye,
    Carrie, the tablecloth sounds beautiful.

Best get moving.

10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon. Quiet day here. I finished laundry and cleaned the kitchen. I still need to put the clean sheets on my bed and get it made up.

DH and I just finished watching the movie Christmas Switch - we quite enjoyed it. I ordered a Christmas present this morning, the first gift for the year. I think I won't be ready for Christmas by Thanksgiving. DH of the lady I sit with gave me a Wal-Mart holiday gift card yesterday, and I spent it on Copic markers for the twins. Those markers are super expensive, so I bought only a handful.

Pam, I'm so sorry to hear about Lindsey. Your heart must be breaking. Enjoy sewing.
    Lucie, I enjoy hearing about your lunchtime activities. Painting, knitting - I love it. I'm envious.
    Jess, it's hard to not change answers. Be strong. Good job on passing!
    Lana & Carrie, that's a lot of work - you deserve a rest.
    Hello to everyone else!

Bun Bun should arrive tomorrow morning. The kiddoes don't know yet.

Have a good night!

11. MrsSoup

Evening!

I didn't get much decorating done today. I did put up some knickknacks and got the stockings on the mantel. I also moved the main tree to the front room and cleared some space in there but need to figure out where i'm going to move the coffee table that's in there now. I read my PW magazine and am watching my holiday baking shows. My friend's son is over playing for a bit and I might catnap on the couch. It's not looking like my meal plan for dinner is going to happen so not sure what we'll do. I'm really tired all of a sudden. I talked to a good friend for a couple hours that I haven't spoken to in several months.

I called and put in a complaint about a bus as well this afternoon. This morning a bus passed Eli's bus from behind while the stop sign and arm were out and the bus was loading. Never should have happened no matter what. Any number of things could have happened and the driver endangered the lives of two bus loads of children by doing what she did. There were several of us parents that witnessed the incident, not to mention all the cars waiting for the bus to load that saw it as well. I sure hope others placed calls to the MP's or the bus company. I called the school liaison officer that one mom gave me the number for and the same mom called the bus company and spoke to the head there. Apparently the bus driver is just being made to do some remedial training. I think she should be fired. She should be looking for a job right now. There is NO excuse at all for what she did, it was wrong on all levels whether you're in a bus or another vehicle.

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I see where Charlie Brown is on Tomorrow night, Wizard of Oz on Thursday and starting Friday like Frosty and such starting. I shared a couple things I found on programs on FB.

Deer is done! So now can move on to decorating. Would like to make an acorn potholder tomorrow for my sister to take with the turkey one, some dishtowels and a platter I got for them. Will see. Have to go get white lights, cook just alittle and would like to start decorating outside and in.

Have a nagging cough starting and dry throat with drainage but feel fine.

I am going to bed. It is 9 on the dot.

Jess that is terrible about the bus driver!

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. It's been a long day, and I didn't get everything done that I wanted to due to drama with one of my nieces (not the one from Vegas). We made almost $1000 at the bake sale today. I only worked a couple of hours.

I'm supposed to help my mom cook tomorrow. DH's sister-in-law's mom died Saturday, just as DD21's graduation was starting, and her funeral is at 1:00, so I think we'll be going. We went to the wake tonight and missed the community-wide Thanksgiving service which I look forward to every year.

Pam, I'm sorry about Lindsey. Addiction is an ugly thing.
    Jess, I'm glad Eli likes the glasses. That's half the battle.
    Lana, hope you get to enjoy the last few days you have off.
    GrammaDeb, the kids are surely going to be surprised!
    Katrina, hope you can find an outfit you like. I need to find something to wear, too. I haven't bought anything new for Christmas in a few years. Hope boss makes it back soon.
    Carrie, it sounds like your day was busy. Hope you got that nap!
    Lucie, were you able to get the painting fixed to your satisfaction?
    Debbie, are y'all off to Florida? You've already had some cold weather in New York!
    Faye, I hope it was a good day at work. Is it busier this time of year?

I'm off to bed. I want to get some things done in the morning before I head out to Mama's tomorrow.

Night, everyone.