cloudy wednesday 03/25/2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Mar 25, 2020.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning . hope everyone has a good day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Happy Rudy Day to all MHHers

I hope to do the taxes today. Well, guess I really hope the tax fairy did them last night while I was sleeping.

DD was a little cranky when she got up but once dressed it seems a bit better. It’s a grey day outside but the snow is slowly melting. Just a few piles when it drifted and it’s in shade. The grass is starting to peek up some green. My day lilies are peeking up a little. Birds are chirping. So a spring Rudy Day.

I think something baking in the oven. Still haven’t made the apple pie. I’ll harass Dh to mix the pie dough.

On our local FB page about the C-19 I posted I wish people would teach their kids not to spit outside. It started a war. I couldn’t believe the number of people who had no idea spit carried germs. I deleted the post. Several people said they had seen kids spitting in stores and parents not doing anything.

There was a good article in our paper about how South Korea has controlled the spread of the virus. It was put out by the New York Times.
    http://iht.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

wishing all a fun Rudy day.

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Faye- Same to you!
    Diedra- It's amazing how ignorant people are. How do they think diseases spread that aren't airborne? o_OCoughing and sneezing spread little droplets of "spit" or mucus. That's why we're taught to do those things into our elbows and not our hands. Oy!

I slept better but was up early again. DH's phone kept getting texts, that he slept through, and then I started sneezing. I think it's the walking outside, my allergies must be kicking up. I don't think the Allegra works much for me anymore and I need to switch to something else but it's obviously not going to happen right now. It's beginning to feel like Groundhog Day here. Homeschool in the morning and who knows what in the afternoon.

It's pouring rain right now and windy so we will not be going on our walk this morning most likely unless the rain disappears in the next 3 hours. I need to prep for Science (tectonic plates today) and ELA for DD. I also need to look over my task and get it submitted since we played Monopoly last night and I didn't do it then. I'll inventory the pantry today I think.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Happy Rudy Day! We're cloudy with some wind.

Dgs had a pretty good doctor report on his heart. It has been 6 years since his last surgery, so the doc wants 6-month checkups instead of yearly. His last valve replacement was supposed to be good for 5-6 years. Dd said as she & dgs went in, someone (employee) opened the door for them and a (child) patient & parent went out. Nobody waited. Nobody touched anything.

Dd #1 in Utah said her dh is pretty sick. His temperature keeps falling to 94.-something and they can't keep it up. He works closely with coworker who tested positive. Instacare on the phone said to get tested, even though low temp is not a symptom.

Dsil is working in the backyard moving gravel, getting ready to lay more sod at some point. Dgkids are working on schoolwork. Dd is napping - she likes to keep her work schedule, and noon is the middle of her night. Dh is reading a book, and I have cleaned the kitchen and am ready to get a shower and spend the day crocheting.

Sometime today I'm going to watch the Rudy Day movie and enjoy the hot chocolate, Christmas mugs, & s'mores kit I got for Christmas.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Weather is the same.....

DH and I took the camper off base for warranty work and then will keep it at a campground so we will be sure to have access to it no matter what MacDill decides to do. So far no further restrictions.

Tampa's stay at home goes into effect at midnight.

Had lunch and have been at the computer looking for dead relatives for a few hours. My eyes are starting to go so I need to do something else.

Probably a stir fry for dinner.

Diedra - did you get the taxes out?
    Jess - are you getting used to having DH at home?
    Deb - enjoy your Rudy day celebrations
    Hello Faye!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Dh is scanning my old, old family pictures and he needs my help with names. (He's really straining my memory.) So here I sit at his side. I'm going to sneak out to the other room to grab my crocheting.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

Hi again!

We ran a little over on math this morning but were able to make up the time during ELA. I had found an awesome unit for Eli but then found out he had already read the book in 4th grade that I was going to cover (Island of the Blue Dolphins), so I switched it up and we're reading Hatchet together and I will come up with my own activities for him to do based on the book. I told him he could read it on his own but he said he likes when I read to him out loud. DD worked on grammar. Now they are working on their creative writing stories for a little bit. We couldn't get our walk in because it was still raining this morning, but DH and I got dinner into the crockpot so it was productive time for me. I also worked on my task and was able to get it finished up and submitted while the kids were doing math.

Maintenance called and wanted to come by and check the inside of the house for mold. It was just one guy and he said they have to have a two man team in order to go into the attic so they will be back later in the week to do that. He wiped the ceiling down with something to prevent mold and the vent hood as well.

Not sure how i'll spend the rest of the afternoon. I tried out the root cover up I bought last week. Works pretty good but I need more practice with it. I think i'll finally paint my nails today, keep talking about it and have yet to do it. I will also take a look at my second PCE task and maybe start on that. I need to scan my logs so they are ready to submit when the time comes.

Deb- I hope the husband can be seen quickly and tested! Glad the doc report was good!
    Debbie- Good idea to store off base, just in case. It's only day 2 of him being at home, but so far so good. He can grade DD's math work for me. haha I told him he is my assistant.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! I thought I had posted earlier today. Yikes!

Nothing much today. I have just done piddly things. Verizon is giving me a real pain in the butt. Their customer service is the pits. I will not spend half of my life waiting on line for a company to service their customers. Grrrrrrr.

It is a beautiful, sunny day. I opened my sliders a while ago, and it is heaven! I could have weather like this forever! Saturday should be sunny and 71! I will be so glad, because that is my kind of weather!

I am sick and tired of this iPad changing words when I type! It just drives me crazy. (Hush, Lucie!) I would say that 99% of my typos are for this reason. And it changes to words that make no sense!

I need to see if I can do laundry sometime soon. I will text DD, because she said that she doesn't like to talk on the phone. I wonder when that started? I have only known about it for a couple of years. Kids! I'm tellin ya: when I grow up, I don't think I am gonna have kids! Just Grands and great grands. I miss my little love. He is so cute and such a sweet little love.

Keep the faith, Peeps. Things will get better! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am in a better place today. This situation is like grieving. I read a post written by my Pastor son about how we need to lament. I believe that this is what I was doing. I thought of Job who lost so much and stayed faithful. I've been mad at God and then feel guilty for it. It's a good thing He knows I am human and His love is constant and unconditional.

I finished my book today. A Mrs Miracle Christmas. Very good, thanks Pamela. The one Julian Fellowes you said you read was really good too.

I have been working on my CIJ ornaments. I like them a lot. Curious to know if others make an ornament for themselves. I do. It is usually the first one I make that I keep as they improve as I make them.

DH said he would watch The Santa Clause with me today. Maybe I can get him to do that now.

Talk to you later..

PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Another teleworking day. I don't like it, I want to go back to work. I really miss my co-workers, thank goodness for the afternoon conference call so I at least get to hear their voices. I know, first world problems, whine over.

My boss picks up his son returning from Brazil tomorrow so the whole family is going into a 14 day quarantine. He'll be teleworking and still on all the calls. I'm pretty sure they are going to extend the teleworking another two weeks, the numbers in Washington are still increasing daily. Our shelter at home order begins tonight, essential trips for groceries, pharmacy, medical, and gas and critical-industry employees only on the road to and from work.

Not much else going on, I'm off to watch some Rudolph Day selections. I read the magazines during the periods when I was having connectivity problems. Love the older issues. I used to be so excited for the December Good Housekeeping issue to appear on the shelves.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Evening!

It was REALLY REALLY foggy this a.m.. Going to work I met a white car with no lights on and you couldn't see it coming till it was there. Good thing nobody was turning left. The road is really ghostly anymore. No buses, school kids or the usual amount of other cars. Never had a car in front of me or behind me all the way and met about 6 or 7,

Tomorrow our new ATM gets put in. The other way got ripped off the concrete about a month and half ago.

The 2 new recipes we tried for supper was pretty good.

I am cleaning the table now. Well, thought I would check in.

Prayers for all!

Jody, I always say I will make me an ornament but most times don't. I have made ornaments for years and most the times I don't have one for us!

Last night I slept but woke up about every 2 hours.

Dish towels are in washer.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

Evening!

I painted my nails, fingers and toes! My toes are an almost neon orange color that I like to wear in the summer if I get a pedicure, and my fingernails are a nice teal color. I started a new book, one that DD checked out from the library and has already finished. DD and I went on a walk and then DH, DD, and I just went on another walk. I tried to call my friend but she didn't answer and hasn't called me back. I did start on my second PCE task and got it about halfway done.

We put roast with potatoes and carrots in the crockpot this morning so it should be done. I might make the last box of cornbread to go with it. I think we're going to play Monopoly again this evening.

Pam- You should be able to turn off autocorrect.
    Jody- Glad you're feeling better today.
    Pamela- Hang in there!
    Lana- When we walk around our neighborhood we hardly see anyone out or any cars driving around. I commented about what a ghost town it seemed like when we were just out walking, although there were several people out walking dogs or just getting exercise this last time we were out. Guess it depends on the time of day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon.
    I was up early and went to Mum's. We went to our local supermarket and did our usual shop, guess what.....I got TP!!!!! We got a bit of meat and some pasta, lots of fresh fruit and veg. It was no where near back to normal but it was OK. DD then texted me and said DFSIL had picked up TP From another store. What a glorious day. Sadly my library has closed so did not pick up books but that is OK. I know that we have such a long way to go with this world wide crisis but I felt that today was a good day.

Please keep safe and well.
    XOXO

luludou, Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.