Columbus Day October 8th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canada Friends!

Jaymee left to get Teigan so will have a helper for the rest of my cleaning or whatever! 3 days since I seen her!

Allen is getting ready to call about declawing and fixing this kitten she got. Other cats that have been in house got declawed and just not use to this.

I better keep moving along!

Have a GREAT day!

2. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am slowly working my way around the house doing deep cleaning close to being done with master bedroom. I am going to head to the laundry room in a bit. I have figure out dinner first. I think it will be sloppy joes. Better get the burger out.

Hi Lana
    Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends enjoy your day.

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Vic's off today but he went into the office to download his email and the new schedule. He got home from Washington on Saturday morning. We went to brunch and to the Hallmark Ornament Debut where I picked up four ornaments that were released in October and added another one. Then it was a trip to Whole Foods and home. We went out again after he unpacked to take back the auto supplies he didn't need to repair Sophia's car (which, by the way, looks like new, great job honey!!) and to look at the fabric of the couch I'm thinking about at Pottery Barn and then picked up Chinese food on the way home. We watched what was probably the worst movie I've ever seen on Prime, Destination Wedding, it was awful. On Sunday we went to see Crazy Rich Asians - it was cute and I hear they are making a sequel.

It's a laundry, chores, sorting, packing, Project Life kind of day for me. Sophia called - she has her first substitute teaching job today! 5th, 6th and 8th grade science. I can't wait to hear all about it when she calls tonight. Would appreciate good thoughts for her today as she's a little apprehensive about the 8th graders.

4. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Good Morning. A rainy cloudy day here. We had severe storms last night. The town I used to teach in had a tornado last night. Quite a bit of damage. They have no school today! All the grandkids will go home today.

I have a meeting tomorrow and then will have the Lions Auction tomorrow night. Won't be able to do any crafting tomorrow for sure. Will try to get some extra cleaning in today so I can have a full day on Wednesday..

Jody- I wish i had started the deep cleaning program this year as I have in the past. It just didn't happen. Oh well. I have a lot to do within the next month with my State Committee.

Lana - Hope Teigan had a good time with her daddy. I would get the cat declawed too if it was in the house.

Have dinner going. Put a roast and all the extras in the crockpot. Sure is smelling good.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends!!

5. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Pamela, we were posting at the same time. Sophia should do fine. I loved my 8th graders.

In am like you, I didn't really enjoy Destination Wedding. I would not care to watch it again.
    However, I will be watching the Halloween Baking Championship tonight though!! Have a great day.

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Just making it in under the wire! Cloudy here, chilly and some rain. Going to be hot again tomorrow - go figure!

Did some knitting last night and watch the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon. I kind of lost track after the bombs started exploding but DH seems to like it so we will watch more tonight. For me TV is often just a background noise. Went through the rest of my drawers today and the towels and have two bags for the Vets to pick up. Hopefully I can get DH to finish with his stuff and we can call for a pick up date.

Otherwise more of the same today - always something to pick up and toss;)

Jane - glad you had a restful day
    Lana - don't overwork! Plan some time for yourself during. your vacation!
    Doodlebug - what crafting will you be doing?
    Jess - glad the babysitting went well
    Jody - sloppy joes sound goo
    Pamela - sounds like you and Vic had a nice weekend

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We ended up with both of my friends kids last night. The girls got a little wild in DS's room so I had to kick them out. I've noticed that my friend's daughter has been gravitating towards DS whenever she is over here, so I have to keep an eye on that. DS keeps his distance because he doesn't particularly care for her. Then DD got a little upset because the friend was on her phone watching videos on YouTube and DD hates it when her friends do that when they are supposed to be "here". It's rude...I agree. If her mama knew she was doing that she would most likely be grounded and have her phone taken away, but i'm not a snitch. I think next time, sleepovers will be at their house all around. We've had the boy here for like 7 or 8 times now with no reciprocation. He's good and I don't mind him being here, but I have to draw the line somewhere. He likes to come over because we have video games, but I didn't let them play last night. haha

I have the chiropractor this morning and then a meeting shortly after. DH and Eli need to build his stepstool today since he's off work, shouldn't take them long. He also needs to see if he can fix the mower, he said it might not be able to be fixed last night. We'll see I guess. I have to finish up my unit for school today as well and get a run in this evening.

Lana- Glad Teigan will be back.
    Jody- I need to hit the hotspots in my house this week and put my kids to work!
    Pamela- Great job to Vic on fixing Sophia's car! Sending good thoughts to Sophia!
    Debbie- Glad there wasn't a tornado where you live!
    Debbie- What are you knitting? I would love to pick up some needles again but all I really know how to knit are scarves and we sure don't need those here. LOL

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Enjoy your day!

8. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Long day here. I didn't even go to sleep last night as DD1 was up sick all night. The older two are sick as well. Turkey is already thawed, so making the meal anyways, but not sure how much will be eaten. DD1 screamed and cried the entire time I was doing food prep. The older two are cranky and fighting with each other. I just keep reminding myself that at the end of the day there will be eggnog and pumpkin pie.

halimer - DH always picks what we watch when we're together. Some of those superhero movies all just blur into a series of explosions to me....I'm not even sure what's going on in the movie. Then he wants to watch the sequel and I don't remember a thing.

9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, peeps!

Had Bible study this a.m. Good as always. I love it.

Came home and just ate buttered toast for lunch. I need to quit watching t.v. And get off the iPad. Someone is cooking something and it smells so good! I need to make egg salad. The eggs are not peeling well. I put cold water on them after I boiled them. That will last me a couple of lunches. Might make some tuna salad, too. Money is so tight for me right now. I have to get my license plate and there is no money for it. My rent check might bounce. Sigh. No more $$ for groceries. I need to make sweet tea, because at least I have that. Lol. I am leaving it all in God's hands. I have learned my lesson well. No more helping a friend financially.

I guess I should do some work. I need to call my pain doctor to see if my permanent stimulator has been scheduled. I am hurting so much which makes it difficult to do anything at all. Still haven't made my pccms. Maybe that should come first! Lol. Priorities, priorities, priorities!

Ok. I am gonna do something as soon as I get thru here. Enjoy the rest of your day!

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadians, have a blessed day.

Work for me today and an extra for Friday this week. Always glad of the extra cash so don't mind working. Cooler here again this morning but will heat up to a lovely day.
    DH is on holidays this week so will spend some time with him tomorrow unless he has plans.

Pamela, sending good thoughts to Sophia, hope she has a wonderful day.
    Better get moving,
    Much love,

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! phew. Been sick since last Thursday with a cold. Had guests (parents, sis & bil) since Saturday noon and they left after breakfast today. Just starting to feel better today.. in time to go back to work tomorrow... yuck!
    Had some nice family time. I find my parents are aging alot. Dad is better than mom but his back hurts and his leg... and he fell asleep driving last time! He says he won't be doing long distances anymore. That's why sis goes with them more ofthen now... a good thing she lives near them. Mom... well... she is getting more and more forgetful. Makes me really sad... sometimes she's ok but sometimes she repeats alot. I'm worried and so is sis.

Today I'm doing laundry, got out a few Halloween decorations, rewashed bathroom, picked up and did dishes. Just trying to relax a little, feeling very tired with the cold and the worrying.

Have to go back to read what happened last few days.

12. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good evening had fun at the state fair yesterday. grandson really had fun. housework today and all clothes done. have a good night

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! And a late Happy Thanksgiving to FS, Lucie and Mel, if she's listening!

Been working on clearing off the desk that used to hold the monitor that DS took. Not doing too badly. Also decided to get rid of some of my yarn so I am packing that. If anyone reads this and wants some let me know and I'll send it out - mainly Red Heart acrylics but some fancier ribbon type stuff. All colors.

Went to Home Goods but the line was too long for me to wait. I told DH that we will have to go back tomorrow. Also want to go to Costco and if he wants DH can pick up some bins to sort the stuff in the garage.

Faye - glad you enjoyed the fair - I love to go to them
    Lucie - you really need to rest - you've been getting sick too often!
    Pam - hope you get your permanent stimulator soon
    Jess - is DS just not interested in girls yet or just this girl? I'm knitting a cowl for a friend
    FS - too bad the girls will be too sick to enjoy Thanksgiving - you can always reschedule it.
    Katrina - make sure you get to spend some time with DH - that's the important stuff!

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I'm to see the chiropractor once a month now, but if I need to go sooner then I can just call. Met with the old FRG leader and she gave us the "book" she made. Not much useful info in it but I expected that. There was some stuff she told us that I question and wonder if they've been doing the wrong thing, so an audit needs to be done on the treasury book ASAP. We'll get things straight from now on for sure because I know what i'm doing and the proper rules and regulations. I can't imagine that Hawaii just completely ignores Army policy when it comes to FRG but i'm going to find out, regardless we are going to adhere to big Army rules.

I came home and then DH and I went back out to grab lunch. I had leftovers from dinner last night. Now i'm going to work on finishing up my roster and then homework.

Debbie- DS asked a girl in his class out but she said no. They are good friends though. My friend's daughter that I was talking about is 12 so he's definitely NOT interested in her. She is boy crazy.

15. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Evening!

I called about the stimulator. Waiting on the insurance company to okay it. It takes 14-30 business days. The doctor is booked until Nov. 2nd. Sigh. So I will just hurt, I guess.

Made some sweet peach tea. Still not a fan of this brand, anyway. Arbu's used to have it and quit carrying it here. RUDE!!! Then, I did dishes and made pccms. I only ate one. Yummmm! Didn't get the egg salad made, but I will do that tomorrow.

I think I will just get ready for bed. Lying down will help me quit hurting so much! Hope you all have a great evening! Lucie, feel better soon!

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Pam,Sorry to hear that you are so uncomfortable.
    Early afternoon here, still about 4 hours left at work and I am getting sleepy. Need to pop to the bank and deposit funds so hopefully that will wake me up.
    An early night is on the cards I would imagine.

Sleep well,

17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. DGS#1 had his last football game tonight, but I heard DDIL say fall baseball will start soon...maybe next week. At least DH should be home in the evenings, though, because he doesn't coach baseball...by his choice.

Tomorrow, we're supposed to wear tie dye or rainbow, neither of which I own, so I'll just wear a multi-colored shirt. Lots of kids wore costumes today or some type of face paint. It's pretty neat for the kids to get to do something out of the ordinary.

Katrina, getting up and moving around should do the trick for waking up.
    Lucie, sorry to read about your parents. At least your dad realizes he doesn't need to drive long distances. It's harder when they don't realize and you have to convince them.
    Jess, smart choice about the sleeping over. Hope the lawn mower's not a complete goner.
    FS, hope you get to sleep tonight and the girls are better soon.
    Pam, I don't understand why they would take out the temporary stimulater since it's going to take so long the get the permanent one.
    Debbie, way to go on the decluttering and cleaning.
    HW2, I've never been to our state fair. Glad you all had fun.
    Doddlebug, it sounds like you're busy since retiring.
    Pamela, I hope Dd enjoyed the substitute job. I don't like junior high age students..taught them for 11 years. My calling is for high school
    Jody, how is retirement going? Will you ever work filling in for people who have to be out?
    Lana, hoping you enjoy your time off? When will the hunters start showing up?

Night, everyone. Hoping Robin is safe and anyone else in the track of the storm!

18. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Jane - to be totally honest I feel like I am in a state of limbo. DH will retire at the end of this month and is stressed from all the paperwork (that I am doing) and $. He is worried about it not being enough, I have shown him the budget over and over that it is enough. The limbo is that we don't want to stay here in IL but we don't know where we want to live. I grew up in MI but DH doesn't want to move there, DH grew up in OH and I don't want to live there. DH(35) and family live in SD with granddaughters, DD(29) lives in MN and DD(32) and DS(27) live in IL. My heart wants to go to SD with the understanding that when Mom needs daily care I have the freedom to go and stay as long as needed. WI would put us in the middle of all the kids. I just keep praying for God's leading. We will have the house ready for selling by Spring so praying God's answer is timely.

I don't have any plans at this time to work. I am volunteering in a preschool classroom once a week. The rest of the week for now is spent decluttering. I will get it done. DS(27) wants to buy a house soon and so I am trying to keep his needs in mind as I declutter which means I am storing not getting rid of it. Oh, dear what can I say.

missjane and luludou like this.