"Consumeables" Master List...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
List of Consumables

Dog Bones/Cookies

Batteries (Attach a note "gift not included")

Candles

Canned Goods (Jams, Fruits, etc.)

Charitable donations in the recipient's name

Coloring Books/Crayons

Computer paper

Tea/Coffee

Fireplace Starters/Matches

Food (Cookies; Quick Breads; Frozen Meals, Nut Butter, Homemade Vanilla, Popcorn, etc.)

Food Mixes (Gifts in a Jar, Soup Mixes, Dip Mixes, Spice Mixes, Brownie Mix, etc.)

Drink Mixes (Hot Cocoa, Spiced Teas, etc.)

Drink (Wine, Beer, Growler of Beer, etc.)

Stationary

Postage Stamps

Assorted Gift Cards w/ Envelopes (Hand made is awesome! Bundle with postage stamps!)

Body Wash/Lotion/Body Butter/Bubble Bath

Soaps (Hand, Dish, Bar, etc. Go to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods or Tuesday Morning to find great options at low prices - French and Italian soaps, etc.!)

Sugar Scrubs (Bought or homemade)

Essential Oils

Toiletries (Shampoo, Chapstick, Bath Salts, etc.)

Pre-paid Phone Cards

Light bulbs - maybe the energy-efficient kind... With a note "You light up my life."

Magazine Subscription

Membership
  • Local zoos

• Water Parks

• National Geographic Society

• Sam’s Club

• Satellite Radio

• Netflix, Hulu, etc.

• State Parks
Seeds/Bulbs/Plants/Fertilizer

Solid Color Scrapbooking Cardstock (for the scrapper)

Tickets (Play, Show, Symphony, Ballgame, etc.)

Red Box eCertificate

Classes/Lessons

DIY Coupon Book (for your time! Yard work, babysitting, etc.)

Diapers

Paper Towels/T.P./Tissues (boxes and pocket packs)

Pens

Paper Plates/Napkins/Plastic Silverware/Solo Cups

Disposable Cameras

Film (Color and/or Black & White)

Gift Cards for:

Fast Food

Starbucks

Amazon

Pizza Place

Target

Movie Theatre

Restaurants

Spa

Pet Store

Car Wash

Embroidery Floss, Assorted Colors (for the cross stitcher, etc.)

Yarn (for the knitter, crocheter, etc.)

"Blank" of the month club subscription (Chocolate of the Month...mnmmmm... :D )

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Brilliant ideas! Some of them are great for college students.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
An amazing list, wonderful ideas.
I see you have mentioned film for a camera. DD has one of those instant cameras, I can buy her film for that....Thanks

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Nice list!

For my daughter I usually get her tubes of the hot oil treatment for her hair, tide pen to carry in purse and soxs are few I can think of. Beauty shop gift card for eyebrow wax and trim.

I wrapped presents in dish towels sometimes. And if they are a sewer I have used fat quarters to wrap.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I nearly always buy a certificate for mani/pedi for mum, DD and I

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This list gives me some additional ideas..I was really considering doing the 12 dates of Christmas this year for my adult daughter and her husband and this could very well help. Thanks!!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
This list gives me some additional ideas..I was really considering doing the 12 dates of Christmas this year for my adult daughter and her husband and this could very well help. Thanks!!
I think I might have an idea sheet for a dates gift. I'll check my documents when I get home and if I can find it, I'll post it here. It had some great ideas like movie tickets and a gift card for dinner, things like that.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Here's the site - https://www.thedatingdivas.com/envelope-date-night-kits/ - I thought it would be easy to find the list but they have a ton of posts about different date night ideas so you'll have to scroll through and see what you like. We like to do something and eat so things like movie tickets with a gift card to our favorite restaurant, a visit to a historic site and lunch, exploring a new town and lunch, brunch after church and antique store window-shopping, theater tickets and a gourmet dinner (would probably be the December date because that would be a special occasion), Starbucks and pedicures, miniature golf and dinner, a bike/motorcycle ride and stop for ice cream....the list is endless. If you can't find a gift card to a specific eatery, you can get a Visa-type card for the funds (check your bank as there is a service charge when you buy them at places like Target and a lot of banks don't charge a fee for their customers). You could have in the house dates too - fix dinner together and a movie, a movie marathon with popcorn and movie candy, experiment with an international cuisine and pop a CD of that type of music in the envelope. Definitely going to work on this when Vic is home.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My daughter uses that site to plan her date nights..lol...But what you wrote already has some great ideas, I'm going to use that and look at the other resource for sure! Thank you Pam!!!