cookie dough question

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I was watching something on TV and had a though that I wasn't sure it would work for Christmas gifts. I often bake cookie for people what about giving the uncooked cookie dough, frozen? Then instructions on baking from the freezer. So you can bake as much or as little as you would like, when you like. There is often so much baked good floating around I know some of mine ends up in the trash.

Christmas Girl

Retire Member
Jul 24, 2009
Scotland
I think this is a fantastic idea and I know it's a gift I would love to receive as I never seem to have the time or skill to bake.

I'd be really interested if you had any recipes you could share and how to go about baking from the freezer - maybe it would help inspire me this year

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Piratemama - I have done this a lot, especially when taking a meal to someone who is recovering from an illness or has just had a baby. If I take a meal I usually take a log of choc chip cookie dough too. I just use the toll house recipe on the bag and roll it into parchment paper and twist the ends. It seems to go over really well.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
thanks for the positive responses. I am thinking this is a way for me to look a little ahead b/c I can do some preping/freezing in advance.

Thanks for the links also I will go and bookmark them

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This is a great idea! I have been freezing my cookie dough for a few years now - then baking at the last minute.

I can see the appeal of gifting the frozen dough too! For some of my friends that would probably be a better option!

:)