Cookie Sheet Christmas Countdown Calendar

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!

I knew I had seen this idea somewhere and I think you pointed it out but I couldn't find it again....I want to give this a go and some of the dollar stores have cookie sheets that work with magnets....you gotta check that out....some don't.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
That is really cool!! Thanks for sharing.

:snowman: Melanie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thank you for sharing the link! I'm definitely going to try and make one for Halloween and one for Christmas next year!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm not sure how she did the magnets. Since they don't have to be very strong you could use those magnetic business cards. Just cut or die cut the shapes.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
That is very cute and would make great gifts! I'm thinking about making one for my niece and it would make a wonderful teacher's gift. Hmmm....could I get three done in a month???

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I love this idea! My kitchen is a cookie theme year round (I collect cookie jars with cookies on them, and they're all around my soffits!), so this would be perfect! I might make the magnets look more like Christmas cookies/gingerbread men to fit my theme better. How cute!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have two cookie sheets...I picked them up at Deals but they have them at Dollar Tree also...these are rather small but they were only a dollar....and I checked to make sure they would hold magnets....I am planning to start working on one this weekend...wish me luck!!

Target had some mini "baking sets" that included a baking sheet in the dollar bin but I didn't bring a magnet to test it out. I will try again this weekend. All the magnets in the dollar bin had the cardboard piece behind it so I couldn't test with those magnets. I hope it works with the mini ones, they would be perfect!!! If not, I can always buy the magnet strips and work on them for next year.

NLxmasmom

Retire Member
Nov 22, 2007
What a great idea! This would make a great teacher's gift. It looks like it might be craft foam that are used for the shapes, you could just put the magnets that you stick on them. I think I might have some magnetic paper here for my printer. I'll have to check and see if there is any left. I could just print the shapes out.