Crafters Challange March 31st-April 6th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WELCOME ! WELCOME! WELCOME!

Looks like some of you really rocked it last week!

Myrons mom has a new Easter outfit ready to go!

STILL TOTAL CHAOS HERE!

Have been reading up on the patterns that I want to do for a couple swaps and starting to look for fabric for one. Fleece will be the other and I want like a neutral one maybe black/white-----gray/white----not sure.

What are your plans for this first week of April?

Some might start getting busy in yard/garden. Our weekend is cold and rainy high 30s today. Had close to 70 few days last week. Some flowers are blooming.

Have a SUPER GREAT crafting week!!!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I actually got quite a bit done last week now lets see how much I can get done this week while I am on vacation from work

()Makayla's blanket
()Daddy's little Princess shirt
(/)()()Easter wreath
(/)Easter centerpiece
:):):)Girls Easter baskets x4
:):):)Boys Easter baskets x3
:):):):)coasters for me
()put first coats of epoxy on my cup
()()()Kitchen towels
()()()Kitchen farm house signs
(/) Kenny's running koosie (Just need to put his name I wasn't going to but changed my mind)
() Kenny's 21st birthday Koosie
() Davids Syracuse Koosie
() Popsicle holder Randa wanted for a friends son
:) decal on Emmas cup (cut just need to put on
(/) last coats of Epoxy on Emma's cup
(/) flower pot candy dish doing something different then I normally do
()() grandma and grandpa bear signs
() bucket light for mom for camp
() put Randa's name on bunny I picked up for her

I know there is more that my mom wants me to get done for camp but will have to look thru my text messages to find them.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Two of the bigger things from my list are done. I need to think about what I might take to work on while on my holiday, it needs to be something quick and easy.
When I get back it will be the end of April so need to get into gear and get moving.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have one more CCS Easter motif to finish up. Still working on the shawl. When home again I need to get back to the stuffed owls and letters.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Woo-Hoo! I found a sewing machine on Craigslist that I've been wanting so I can leave it at the lake. I can pick it up Thursday or Friday. It's a l-o-n-g drive though (2+ hours each way)! Kathy is going to go with me. Otherwise DH is willing to take me. I'd almost rather it be DH, because he would do the driving, but Kathy and I have a great time together!

Finished the last CCS Easter motif so on to the March owl and/or motifs for Mother's Day cards. Also, I found a pattern I want to try for the (May) wedding afghan I need to start.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello friends! Sorry I've been AWOL lately!

I am in the homestretch on the last flat sheet I am embroidering. Also cut pieces for 3 felt Meade notebook covers and the first of 7 felt sunglass cases. Started the first notebook cover with a simple heart design holding the words "Teach Love Inspire"

I'm making 4 of them as teacher gifts and then 2 more as Christmas gifts...

Still picking designs for all of them and for the sunglass cases as well.

Happy Crafting!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dahlia so glad you found a machine! Do be careful when you meet to pick it up.
I finished my necessary clutch wallet for easter and the doll face for my friend. This week is the sewing expo in Cleveland, my cousin and I will be going to a class.
I've started some practice blocks for the nutcracker quilt since I do not have a pattern and just going by a picture on Pinterest. I didn't want to screw up the good fabric. Good thing because my calculations were not correct- I cut my samples way too big. I hope to have the bugs worked out and start with the actual fabric end of next week.
Have a great crafting weekend everyone!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished the flat sheet! Both sets of sheets are now completely embroidered!!! Will wash and press and fold up to wrap later!

Making decent progress on first of 5 felt Meade notebook covers...want to get a couple more cut out this weekend and get them all drawn on with chosen patterns - just have to finish picking the patterns!!! lol

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ great that you finished the sheets, I know that they were a big project for you.
I like the idea of glasses cases. Something that I could look into as most of my family wears glasses.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Thanks for the watch-out re Craigslist. I felt good about the contact information and response to my inquiries. I took a friend with me. Our local quilt shop offers to let people selling sewing machines use their location as a meeting place rather than having someone come to your home. I just found that out today. Anyway, I had a smooth transaction with a very nice couple. I took the new/used machine to the shop today for a once-over and to repair a couple small issues.

I'm starting on a knit afghan that will be a wedding gift. I need to learn and practice using a chart for this project. Hope all goes smoothly. I need to finish it for a May wedding.