Crafters Challenge April 1st, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to a new month!!!!!

What do you have planned for this week?

I can think of several things to do for the month BUT also time to start outside (if rain quits).

Have a dress to do for Teigan. (didn't do the purple one for Easter--she found one at K-Mart for $5.00). Had gotten material for 2.

Happy Crafting!!!

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

HAPPY EASTER!

. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. _ . - ._
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(/ ( `⌔´)\)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ( ..”).”)
. . . . ¸✰´ ¯ `✰˛. . . . . . .C(″ . ./.(
. . . . . . . . . . . ¸✰´ ¯ `✰˛\_”) _”)

´”´”`´”```”`´”´”`´”``”´”`´”``”´”

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have craftermath issues! Although my big issue today is not from craftermath. It’s from trying to tidy my space and it exploded! I wanted to make the shelf behind my ironing board look neater, so I took off all (most of) those things that I don't need to have within easy reach. Most of that "stuff" is spread out over the rest of the studio looking for a new home.

I really need to nail down what I’m doing for early April birthdays. I don’t think I’m going to make anything for DD (birthday is Friday), since I don’t have any inspiration and it would need to get done and mailed SOON!

What I WANT to do is to make a Bindle Bag for myself.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DD make that bag for you.
I need to wrap up the CIJ ornaments. I also need to decide if this year is going to be a homemade gift year. I have ideas for gift baskets but nothing certain.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD make that bag for you.
I'm going to a Sew Fun presentation today with a couple of friends. Afterwards, we are going to Hobby Lobby where I've seen some fabric that would make a cute bag ... I think I'll get it!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I did get fabric for a Bindle Bag but not the fabric I thought I would get. That fabric turned out to have too large a print for the little bag. When I got home, I started working on a cover for my serger. I have fabric pieces ready to quilt. After quilting, I will cut it to the right sizes and sew it up. I also started on a small iron caddy. I'm ready to do the binding, so nearly finished. Three WIPs for ME!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Woo hoo, DD! Hope you found new homes for all of your craftermath!!!

I finally picked the felt wreath project back up last night and the wreath is done except for making and attaching some felt flowers to embellish it. Wreath is white so I'm thinking red and blue flowers to make it patriotic. Might pick up more bidders at the auction that way since summer will be right around the corner.

I also cut lots and lots of strips of brown paper for the other wreath and used scallop circle punch on some of them. It's going to be a pain, paper keeps catching, tearing, etc. But it's doable.

One month until the auction so trying to get these done NOW!

After Easter I was like, wow, now I can actually get back to my crafting list, nothings urgent. And then I remembered auction, sigh :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finally finished knitted blanket, in the end it was a chore and just wanted it done. Time to move onto some planned crafts that I have already packaged and ready to go.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ I know the feeling … I finally started some crafts for myself and realized that I need to get crackin’ on some hair clips for Iris to have for birthday party favors. The party isn’t till later in April, but we have a week’s camping trip planned, and I need about a week’s mailing time … It will sure be nice to have the wreath done well in advance of the auction.

Katrina ~ Good to finish up the blanket so you can move on.

After a lot of quilting of the fabrics, cutting pieces, basting, fitting, pinning, frogging, re-cutting, re-basting, re-fitting, re-pinning, re-sewing … you get the picture … I finally have a cute serger cover.

Then, I got the embroidery machine cookin’ on the hair clips for Iris’ party. In between thread changes on the hair clips, I finished the handles on the iron caddy. All it needs now are some buttons, which I have to go shopping for. And I somehow finished up the Bindle Bag for me. It went together quickly, since I had already made three of them.

Today, I’d like to finish up the hair clips and make a few pencil toppers (for any boys at the party), and perhaps get a start on a sewing machine cover. I may also go shopping with a friend for buttons for the iron caddy.

Reactions: luludou

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I started a CIJ ornament yesterday, didn't like the way it looked and took it apart. Looked for another idea, got it going, and the next thing I knew it was 11:00. This morning I showed dgkids and they said "awww." I guess it passed inspection.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Deb ~ Nice to get kudos from kids!

I've finished the owl hair clips and pencil toppers s well as the iron caddy and a sewing machine cover. It's been a great crafting week!

I've posted pictures of several completed projects on my blog.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DD so lovely. I bet it feels good to get so much accomplished.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks so much! Yes, Jody, it really feels great! Now I'm thinking I need to update my UFO/WIPS/PIGS/ list and see what's next ...

I did knit another dish cloth on the way to the lake today. I forgot to bring any CCS, so it will be just knitting and kicking back for a couple of days.