Crafters Challenge April 22-28 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
How are you doing on your crafting plans for 2018? Have you chosen projects to do for CIJ? It’s a good time to kick start you gift making.
Keep up the progress your making. I have read and seen some awesome happenings in this thread.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Today I finished cutting all the leftover I-Spy fabrics into usable squares and strips. I'm not sure where I'll go from here, but they are at least organized and set aside in their own little storage box.

Then I decided I should cut up the fabric I plan for a spring chenille wall hanging. I got the panels cut and the first one sandwiched with the batting and backing. I will add the other layers next week when Kathy and I go to Open Sew at a local quilt shop. She's doing a chenille wall hanging, too, so we will work on them together.

I'm going to try to get back to needle punch embroidery and have a small tulip motif ready to go. If I like it, I will probably make a Mother's Day card with it.

Tomorrow Kathy and I plan a quick trip to a cross stitch store. She needs a new project. We may also check out a nearby quilt shop.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DD - You are busy, as always! :)

I finally got some crafting done yesterday, I'm now 90% done with brown paper wreath (2nd wreath for school fund raiser auction). Hoping to work on it some more tonight.

Will be reviewing crafting plans for birthdays and Christmas. ..need to focus on weeknight craft time, at least a couple times per week. I get more done on weekends IF I can block out the time, that is the trick!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went to the knitting lady this afternoon. Finished a pair of socks (need to put the loose ends in). So instead of doing the shawl in crochet will do it with a circular needle... so I undid what I had done and will start over. Stopped by the store on the way home and bought a circular needle and another bag to put the sock knitting in.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

The "bounce drive" yesterday turned into more of a road trip. We found the back roads to avoid the busy freeways. It was a beautiful, sunny day for a drive through the country. We went to a needle craft shop and a quilt shop. I've collected 11 of the 12 fat quarters needed for a quilt pattern I plan to make (some day). I have another fat-quarter-friendly pattern to start collecting fabrics for ...

Started a punch needle motif. I did punch needle years (and years) ago, and it seems like I really liked doing it. It didn't seem to go as well last night. I'll want to get back to CCS.

We have beautiful weather this week, so today (at least) I want to get out to the garden.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished gluing on papers to wreath last night. Tonight I will use Cricut to cut out butterfly shapes that will go on as embellishments. Making simple felt flowers for felt wreath as well.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I must be taking a crafting hiatus this week. Been busy outside in the nice weather we're having and just collapse in the evening after dinner.

I can't believe it's Friday already. I'm going to a quilt show today with friends.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Still haven't finished wreaths, deadline is this weekend. Plus putting together 3 gift baskets with donated items for same auction. Plus cleaning and cooking for DH's birthday dinner with family. Plus...oh you know the drill :eek:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ It doesn't sound like you have much more to do to complete the wreaths, but on top of your other commitments, it sounds overwhelming! I'm sure you will rise to the occasion! Just don't get sick!

Lucie ~ I always knit with circular needles. They are great. I never drop a needle and have to search all over for it. It is especially nice when riding in the car, 'cause the needle would always drop under the car seat, not to mention when I would ride the bus to work; no poking my seat-mate with a knitting needle or having it drop on the floor and roll around.

Yes, the quilt show was great. They are a little overwhelming and humbling sometimes with the beautiful work displayed. I did buy some stiff-stuff type batting from one of the vendors for my newest brain bunny. I want to make a project bag with a trolley sleeve to fit over my new rolling sewing machine tote. I got the tote because I've been taking my sewing machine to Open Sew recently, and thought it would be handy. I did spend some time last night studying the pattern and measuring the fabric I want to use to see if I have enough. I will have to find some coordinating fabric and do some piecing. I also want to make one of the side pockets into a water bottle pocket which isn't on the pattern.

I've discovered a small hole in the king size, hand quilted quilt on our bed. I'm sure it's from our cat's paws.
It's probably going to receive a small applique.

I, too, have a birthday party dinner to plan for Monday. DH and a DFriend have April birthdays, so we will celebrate them together. I need to make a card for DH with a "gift certificate". I want to give him a backup camera for the travel trailer, but need him to pick out what one he wants.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looks like you are all doing well. I have been having some time off from crafting but hope to start again soon.