Crafters Challenge April 28th-May 4th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello! Hello!

Several post last week on people working on items.

I am trying to find the material that I want for the CIJ ornaments. I tend to like blues and anymore seems all in big and not smaller prints of like snowflakes and such.

What are you working on this week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Good luck finding fabrics for your ornaments. I love blues!

We're at the lake for a few more days, so I will be doing more knitting and try to get more accomplished on the CCS motifs for wedding cards.

Once I get home, I have quite a few projects to tackle …
  • Continue knitting on wedding afghan
  • Finish wedding cards
  • Purchase pattern and fabrics for Spicy Spiral Table Runner (for wedding gift)
  • Sandwich and start quilting Valentin's quilt (received batting last week)
  • Work on JULIA's name lettering
  • Sew up owls for Valentin's mobile

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be finishing the tea towels for mum.
I need to decide what to do for work Christmas presents as the is a must do project. I am tossing up between felt snowmen ( I did one lat year to trial) or I have 3D cardboard stars that I can cover in fabric. I am not sure yet.
Also would like to start on the covered journal for mum.
Still so much on the list to do.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Still working on felt notebook covers. Finished "apple" embroidery in the car this morning while waiting to drop off DS at school :)

Need to attach apple and leaf I've cut out to last teacher themed cover - still deciding if I'll embroider a quote or not. It would look good either way!

Drew out embroidery pattern on hot water bottle cover - all ready to start on that.

Still need to sew up sides on another notebook cover I finished embroidery on. That will be quick.

Helped out a co-worker yesterday - used my Cricut to cut things from iron on vinly for 8 T-shirts for her upcoming girls trip - the shirts turned out great and now I am "in the know" on how to use the iron on vinly. I'm hoping to do some Disney themed shirts for DS, myself and my sister for our upcoming trip!

Went to JoAnn's yesterday too - used 40% off coupon on wreath form (to replace my poor, poor, broken Easter wreath) - some embroidery floss and a couple doo dads for card making. Only $13 something after coupons - which was nice!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I finally finished taking out the border on the afghan. I'm working on the foundation row for the border on one side, after a dozen false starts. I'm afraid it's going to take a lot more yarn to finish the blanket - it's huge!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I've been working on a sweater from a vintage pattern book and just realized last night I messed up the pattern about six rows in....of course I'm about 180 rows in now.....so it's discouraging! I really don't want to unravel the whole thing. My goal is to finish the sweater this week, but I'm just not sure if I'm going to be okay seeing that error there.....those things really bother me.

I found a pattern for a reversible doll, so my goal is also to start one of those by the end of the week. I'd like to have three made by Christmas.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
FS ask yourself if anyone else will notice the error. If you don't think they will "let it go". I do understand. I am thinking of remaking something myself.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I went to knitting lady this week for an hour... I do need to work more on socks.

I want to paint /draw next weekend. And I want to prep some index cards to do the 1 index card a day craft challenge this summer (ICAD). I,ve been looking at youtube tutorials and I need to try some of that stuff.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
FS I understand what you say about the error in the sweater. I don't think anyone else will notice but it depends if you will always be looking at it. The reversable dolls sound darling. A great Christmas gift.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Had a great weekend seeing my kid that I haven't seen since he went back to school in January. Enjoyed taking him and his friends to dinner and was so glad that Kayla got to switch her schedule around so that she could see her brother they have missed each other something terrible plus he had a ton of questions about the new boyfriend and says he better meet him as soon as he is back home to give his approval/denial. David and Maranda both worked so they couldn't go.

Didn't get much done. Started my wreath and ran out of mesh know I have more somewhere so that is on the back burner until I find it but I do have another in mind just need to pick up some burlap.

/Mainly this week is stuff for me.
/New spring wreath time to take the bunny off the door
:)figure out old window for dining room I am so mad I was going to put pictures of the kids in it took it out and set it on the porch and the wind knocked it over and broke 4 panes so doing something else
/epoxy my cup
decal on my cup
:)Farm fresh sign
//Paint clay pots for garden mushrooms
\farm animal signs
porch welcome stand

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

FS ~ I hope you’ve worked out the issue with your knitting. It’s frustrating and disappointing when that happens.

Lucie ~ Hope your sock knitting goes well. Keep us updated! I admire your artwork. I saw someone doing watercolors at the tulip festival last week. Wish I could do that!

GrammaDeb ~ How’s the afghan going? It sounds like you’re nearly done. I’m on the third of 7 skeins on the one I’m knitting.

Katrina ~ I think I remember the cute snowman you made. If it's what I'm thinking of, it would make a great gift.

Rose ~ I didn’t actually get too much time outside to craft. It was a bit too chilly for me.

Kim ~ It’s wonderful when the children come home. That’s so unfortunate about the window breakage. Can you put new glass in it or not worth the effort/expense?

As for me, I’m making progress on the knit afghan and have Valentin’s quilt sandwiched and some of the quilting done. Coulda shoulda worked on a CCS motif last night but wanted to fix a row of knitting first, and then just kept knitting.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I have all of my Mum's old knitting pattern booklets and I wanted to share this site here for those of you who knit:

https://www.jeangreenhowe.com/

Jean Greenhowe has the most amazing designs - the reversible doll post made me think about them - if you click on Knitting Booklets and then the Jemina-Jane and Friends booklet, there are some reversible dolls there. I have many of the Christmas dolls - Santa and Mrs. Claus as well as Mr. and Mrs. Snowman - and the little chicks from the Knitted Animals booklet and I treasure them. I wish I could knit like my Mum did.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Knitting lady told me about these:
https://www.knittingparadise.com/t-374138-1.html
And you attach a little poem - they give them to kids who have nightmares or who are going throug a rough time. Found a tutorial on YouTube, they seem simple enough. Seems it comes from Guatemala

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Great links! Lucie ~ Part of me is saying "If it sounds too good to be true … " but that craft cupboard sure looks fabulous doesn't it? Especially if you're short on space. Are you going to get it?

I've finally posted pictures of Iris' Harry Potter robe, scarf and wand on my blog. I'm not sure what took me so long. LOL

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The Harry Potter robe is excellent. And I love the basket with the feet.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I have all of my Mum's old knitting pattern booklets and I wanted to share this site here for those of you who knit:

https://www.jeangreenhowe.com/

Jean Greenhowe has the most amazing designs - the reversible doll post made me think about them - if you click on Knitting Booklets and then the Jemina-Jane and Friends booklet, there are some reversible dolls there. I have many of the Christmas dolls - Santa and Mrs. Claus as well as Mr. and Mrs. Snowman - and the little chicks from the Knitted Animals booklet and I treasure them. I wish I could knit like my Mum did.

Thank you for that link! I recognize some of the pictures as patterns my grandmother used to have. I think I have one by her of a bagpipper and the Loch Ness Monster.

There is a really cute snowman on there that looks easy to make. I think I have another project to get started on for Christmas now :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have several of the Jean Greenough knitting books. The first toy I knitted for DD is the yellow standing bear. His name is Stitches and he still sleeps on her bed and he is 26. I also knitted the girl sailor doll named Charlotte. She is in our spare room. The details on these projects are amazing