Crafters Challenge April 2nd-8th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

Well, I did get 3 freezer pop cozies done on Friday night. Teigan used one yesterday and thought it was pretty nice.

Not sure once again if any crafting will be done this week.

You guys are sure making some pretty projects!!!!

What are your plans for this week?

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ok not sure what if anything will get done this week. Between both kids they have games Monday thru Friday. So that means lots of traveling for me.

:cool:Finish tulle bunny wreath
:cool:Finish pallet bunny
Finish nieces tulle wreath
Cut and put together another pallet bunny
Paint second pallet bunny
Work on Kenny's card box
Purchase my cricut (it is a must this week)
Take apart some old windows that were given to me
make another set of home wine bottles

Ok going to see what I can get done today to knock this list off since it is my only home day

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I have Easter goals this week.

• Puzzle ball bunnies for Sonja and Julia
    • Stitch openings closed on all the stuffed parts (12 parts for each bunny)
    • Make bunny tail
    • Sew parts together
    • Additional glam (bow on head or around neck?)
  • Secret chair for Iris
  • Easter cards
  • Organza butterflies for DD#2
  • Gift for DD#1?
  • Trip to See’s for chocolates
  • Wrap/package/mail

That’s a lot, so we shall see how much I can accomplish. I really need to finish the bunnies. If I don’t get the secret chair finished for Iris, I can save it for her birthday later in April, and send her a little dress that I have for her instead. I can also finish and send the butterflies at a later date if necessary. No ideas at the moment for DD#1. Not that I need to send her something.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
the yarn I have is too big for the snowflakes :( will have to look up something different... so meanwhile I've started a 3rd crochet bunny, it'll be for dnephew

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lucie ~ Snowflakes are usually crocheted with crochet cotton, more like a thread than yarn. I would like to see your bunnies.

One of the two bunnies is done except for possibly putting a bow on it which I think I will do. I'll see what kind of ribbon I have.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
as soon as the 3rd bunny is finished I'll post a pic of all 3. found some cotton thread! and it works well... made 5 with different yarns in the last few days to test. Now I have what I need. :) they are quick and easy to do .

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You gals are all doing so well. I am just so busy at the moment I just can't seem to sit down at all. Soon I will have more time in the evenings so that will be nice.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lucie ~ Those are working up fast!

Katrina ~ Hope you get to sit down with some crafting soon.

Both bunnies are sewn together. I don't have any ribbon that I want to use for bows, so I'll probably buzz into Michael's this afternoon. I made some progress on the secret chair yesterday afternoon. I'm asking DH to cut some stiff cardboard pieces for it. I cut one and decided it would be a good job for him. LOL The directions are in a book and could be written more clearly. Of course, I should have sat down and read through them before starting and it might have made more sense.

I'm going to Sew Fun with a friend this morning, then out to lunch. I'm hoping she will want and have time to stop at Michael's with me so I don't have to make another trip out after I get home. It's close to where we will be anyway.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Everyone is rocking and rolling this week! That is great!

I've been home with a sick 7 year old - he's been pretty quiet - laying on couch and playing his tablet or watching movies so I've taken some time to work on crafts while sitting in the same room.

Finished two tissue box covers so far - here is a pic of one of them:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/33470526290/in/dateposted-public/

Have plans to make 7 total, one for us to keep and 6 as gifts. Have started on the third and have pieces cut for the fourth.

I'm also in the home run on knitting a washcloth to go along with the potholders I made recently. Will make at least two, maybe four, total.

I also purchased supplies at Joann's recently to beef up my supply of stamp pads and other tools. Have plans to make a birthday card for DH and a Mother's Day Card for MIL...

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ The tissue box is wonderful. I need to figure out how to make some to cover them when they are in the wall mount holders. One of those would be a nice gift for a friend's June birthday.

DH cut cardboard for the secret chair, and it's all but done. I just need to affix the bottom. They say to hand sew it, but I think I'm going to use hot glue instead. It's really cute!

I sewed up a hooded baby towel yesterday to send to Julia. DD requested another one, since she only has the one I made her that still fits over Julia's head. The purchased ones are quite small.

I'm not making any progress on Easter cards and I would really like to get gifts mailed by Thursday or Friday. I might have to just print some computer cards. I probably won't have much day-time crafting time for the next few days, since I'll be getting ready for our glamping trip, and tonight we are going to friends' house for dinner.

I need to start a different knitting project to take with us. I don't think I want to knit a white afghan around the camp fire. I'll probably get out my Seahawks yarn and start a herringbone cowl.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got to work on my CIJ ornaments today. Hoping to do more later if time permits. If not, I am off work tomorrow and can do it. The next step will take the longest but once it is done I can carry it with me and do it as I go. I am really excited about them it is exactly what I like, so hopefully my swap friends will like them too! more

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
file is too big to upload the pictures but posted on my blog in the link below. Bunnies are done... now on to the snowflakes!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Ordered my cricut last night while at my sons meet. Now the wait begins for it to be shipped. Other then that nothing else has gotten done except kids sports. Hopefully Saturday will be able to get more done. Oh we did get all the windows apart still need to clean up the mess and get windows in barn until I use thrm

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lucie ~ What darling bunnies! Can you share a link?

AJ ~ Congratulations on your successful washcloth.

Did some CCS last night, still hoping to be able to make some CCS Easter cards in time to get them in the mail.

Some new pictures are on my blog.