Crafters Challenge, April 7th-13th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Morning All!

AJ great job on finishing the sheets.

DD, glad everything went smooth with buying machine.

A new Easter outfit was sewn.

What does everybody have planned this week?

Happy CRAFTING!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ Good job finish up the embroidery. They must be lovely. Can you show us a picture before they get wrapped up?

I'll be working on CCS and knitting this week and trying to get to the studio to work on the owls, letter and pillows. Plus, I'll probably get sidetracked as other inspiration hits!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm still working on the heritage family scrapbook.

Reactions: Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Will finish the Easter garland and sew the buttons on the 2 infinity cowls that are finished.

Reactions: Lana

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I will get a pic of the sheet sets before wrapping for sure! I was just thinking about that this morning! :)

Finished two felt Meade notebook covers:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/46648271675/in/dateposted-public/

Have one more to do that is teacher themed and then 2 more for Christmas gifts this year. They are going so quickly that I am tempted to use the 3 teacher ones for teacher appreciation week gifts and then make 3 more for next school year's teacher/aides for Christmas!

Also itching to get started on first of 7 felt sunglasses cases - I need to get on the ball and pick out my designs!!! Once I have that part done it goes quick!

Reactions: Lana and luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Lovely notebook covers. They will definitely bring joy to the recipients. Your felt work is impressive.

I finished the Easter card fronts yesterday and posted pictures on my blog. In a few minutes, I hope to post pictures of the basket I made. I forgot to take a picture of the gift I sent to DD for her birthday, but asked her to take one for me.

I also finished the week 10 installment of the blackwork anemone SAL and started on the March owl CCS.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, DJ! You are rockin' it with your projects! Maybe we're like the maple trees - in the spring our crafting "sap" starts to run! lol

Thank you, Lucie!!!!

Forgot to mention that I went to JoAnn's yesterday and got a GREAT deal on Cricut mats - buy one pack get one free - was quite happy. Did my usual stalking of the various clearance areas and ended up scoring a large amount of cardstock and printed papers, various sizes for either $0.07 or $0.12 each!

Even snagged a couple of too cute teacher/school themed papers I will use for making cards for teacher appreciation week!

And a 14" Wilton pizza pan for $6.47 - all because I just read a tart recipe that I want to try and it called for a 14" pizza pan - it must be destiny!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, the notebook covers will be appreciated for sure.
Dahlia, you always have such cute cards and your basket looks like you are a professional! Was that difficult to do?
Lucie, your garland would go perfect with the bunnies on my mantel.
Saturday my cousin and I attended the sewing expo in Cleveland. We took the pattern alteration class which was excellent. It was 3 hours, non stop and both learned a lot. i did some shopping, buying Christmas fabric, that I'm sure I don't need.
I finished one test block for my quilt. Otherwise I've been looking after Myron who spent Sunday night in the animal hospital. Once he's feeling better I'll get back to work.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Cute garland! I was hoping you were going to post a photo.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ You did a great job with the garland; and it looks wonderful hung on your mantle.

Myron's Mom ~ The basket really wasn't that hard. The class went from 9-2, so it took a while, but the instructor gave very clear directions and was easily accessible for one-on-one when needed. I want to do more! Glad you got good tips in your pattern alteration class! You can't have too much fabric … especially Christmas fabric!

I ended up frogging the afghan and starting again. Working from a chart is definitely a learning experience for me!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Congratulations on your accomplishments! Great projects. I could write out the pattern, but I'm challenging myself to learn to follow the chart. Kathy loaned me a magnetic board to help. I'll try it out tonight.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul